It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN 'concerned' by world population growth trends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

UN 'concerned' by world population growth trends

www.bbc.co.uk

The world population growth rate must slow down significantly to avoid reaching unsustainable levels, says a new UN report.

To have a reasonable chance of stabilising world population, fertility must drop to below "replacement level".

It must then be maintained at that level for an extended period, says the report.

billion later this year and this figure potentially could double to 14 billion by 2100 if action is not taken.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I like the way they have indicated that fertility must drop below "replacement level" so more people should be dieing then being born.

Think people interested in the NWO and the whole de-population agenda might like a story like this. I have read about the NWO and their possible agenda's, one of them being de-populising the planet. I think they would carry out a task like that if they believed enough that it was for their own benefit.

Whats you people's thoughts?

Drustew

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well for starters we can load the UN into a space shuttle and ship them to the moon if they're so concerned.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Quality answer. That has cheered me up this morning.... These early starts at work just arent good for me. Thank You good sir.....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

ahaha hey, just an idea

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
does this mean they are hinting to start ww3 lol.
is this war mongering?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Weather the world doubles at its current pace or not we just have to wait and see. its hard to predict the world population afterall in years to come.The world population is becoming a fast growing problem.With a billion people being added to this earth every 12 to 13 years there is a reason to be worried about the problems of world population.That a heck of a lot of people added in a short period of time while the human population took thousands of years to reach the billion mark.More people.More people to be fed.
edit on 4-2-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Third world countries should take inspiration from the chinese. They solved the demographic trap problem effectivelly and relatively humanely some time ago, altrough I would implement less drastic method. And now they are an emerging superpower.

Guess some pseudohumanists still think that famines, diseases, wars and children dying on the streets are more humane ways to control population explosion than reproduction laws...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i was under the impression that population growth was slowing to the point where it was expected to begin dwindling in the near future...im not sure where i heard that i but if i believed it then it was probably somewhere credible...it may not be quick enough for the globalists' liking, however...i do have to admit, though, that population growth is one area in which i agree with NWO goals (this may or may not be because i was forcefed "Ishmael" in college)...in no way to i condone population reduction by conspiratorially contrived artificial means, but any reasonable person should be forced to conclude that a population of anything can't continuously expand within an enclosed sphere...the more of us there is, the worse the quality of life...it is a conclusion that is inescapable...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
you know what i say to the UN?

you first!!!

seriously, the population is already beginning to self-correct ... the growth rate is declining, there's little chance it will ever be greater than 9 billion in the near future.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
World population is set to stabalise at ~9.1 billion in 2040ish if current trends persist. And then after that probably start to decline as the baby-boomer generation starts to die.

The reason the UN is concerned is because of the lack of arable land, water shortages, food shortages, peak oil etc etc etc etc etc.

The planet can support 2-Billion Americans or 19-Billion Africans - It can't support 9.1 billion aspiring to have the same standard of living as western people have - not with current methods, and the alternative methods are being stifled by multinational corporations and other vested interests. So expect some major *snip* to go down in the next few decades.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is just the tip

We need more detail like what cultures are procreating more than others....

In actuality, westerners need to procreate more or suffer attrition to eastern cultures.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

actually people all around the world are having less children - most of the overpopulation we have today comes from our grand parents generation and those before them who were having 8 children and things of that nature. Hence population levels will stabalise and even decline when the baby-boomer generation starts to die. Even in the third-world where birthrates are highest have come down and are still coming down (with things like educating girls and family planning etc).

As for whites needing to procreate more
- race pride is such a stupid thing. The day the human race is all a shade of brown (from interbreeding) the better we'll be.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
This is just the tip

We need more detail like what cultures are procreating more than others....

In actuality, westerners need to procreate more or suffer attrition to eastern cultures.

Here is the map of world birth rate:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Heres an awesome doco too.

Attenbourough (too lazy to find the spelling) narrates also.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It would be worrisome considering more people will have to live with the same resources. Violence will be inevitable.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

I posted a thread last week which is still actually on the first page of news bulletins about how the population growth of the Islamic World is growing far quicker than any other group!!

But yes this thread is about the population of everyone and i have to agree yet again that it will be unsustainable... especially for smaller Countries by Metric Length.... there's no way for example the UK can continue as it is.... production needs to come down in order to have space to live....

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

here's no way for example the UK can continue as it is.... production needs to come down in order to have space to live....

No, it is not about space. Population density does not correlate with wealth or quality of life.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

Killing of people is alot harder than stopping them being born in first place.

Here is an idea

Give everyone a mobile phone, and control the birth rates with it, and there cell towers, lol. The radiation surely must have an effect. Just control the birth rates, and do not try and kill people off, as this is harder.

Just use the mobile phone system to control birth rates.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I guess that means soon in Australia they will stop saying 'Have one for you, one for your husband, and one for the country' - or have they stopped that already? Hey i've got one kid - and after the day i've had with her ONE is most certainly enough!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join