It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Ever Aerial (Video) Footage of Uncontacted Amazon Tribe Released.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
You've probably all seen the pictures at this point:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

But now video footage has been released of this famous "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon:

Watch Video Here

It feels a bit ironic and exploitative watching this while Gillian Anderson narrates, but it helps raise awareness about an untouched culture that the Peruvian government continues to deny even exists - while they conveniently allow loggers and oil companies to encroach further and further onto their land. So like they say in the video:

one image of them is more powerful than a thousand reports

And these are some pretty powerful images.

Please take some time to read through the website, and also sign the petition to help protect these last remaining innocents from corporate greed and government corruption (since it's too late for the rest of us!)

Some people might also want to note that this story was previously falsely reported as a hoax. It was really just bad reporting and those comments were later retracted:

The readers' editor on... how a tribal people's charity was misrepresented

The survivalinternational.org website helps clear these issues up with a Q&A section:

What are ‘undiscovered’ or ‘lost’ tribes?

This is empty sensationalism. It’s extremely unlikely there are any tribes whose existence is totally unknown to anyone else.

What do you mean by ‘uncontacted’?

Peoples who have no peaceful contact with anyone in the mainstream or dominant society. There are about 100 uncontacted tribes in the world.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I know this story is old....Im sure I saw it some years back. Gillian Anderson narrating is the give-away...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

The story is two years old, hence why I mentioned this tribe is already quite "famous". The Gillian Anderson talking over the fancy moving pictures is the new part. I just think the issue overall deserves more proper attention, rather than all the superficial media hype it got the first time around, only to be instantly forgotten about the moment everyone found something newer and shinier on their tv screens...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ah, this remind me of aliens help us.

Like he said "We need to keep invaders out, protect the land" Maybe thats the exact same thing as the "aliens" are doing?

But I find this very stunning. Think about it, who they are. What they are "missing". I don't know if they even wants to live with us? Want to have what we have. I don't think they want.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I watched this on TV last night and the narrator said - "We filmed from 1 kilometer away so as to not disturbe the tribe". Well im not expert (you dont need to be an expert to work out the lie) but the trees, tribes people, huts etc were transitioning way to fast to be at 1000 meters.

This was filmed close up, i mean at one point a tribe member aimed his bow & arrow at the hele, if it was close by this would be understandable.

Im not saying this isnt a new tribe I am just saying this film is BS.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I am 99% sure this is the same story from before and it was discovered these folks were hired actors.

Let me go find the story.

Don't get too hpyed on this one.

Edit/additional info:

From June 2008:

The Guardian:

They are the amazing pictures that were beamed around the globe: a handful of warriors from an 'undiscovered tribe' in the rainforest on the Brazilian-Peruvian border brandishing bows and arrows at the aircraft that photographed them.

Or so the story was told and sold. But it has now emerged that, far from being unknown, the tribe's existence has been noted since 1910 and the mission to photograph them was undertaken in order to prove that 'uncontacted' tribes still existed in an area endangered by the menace of the logging industry.

The disclosures have been made by the man behind the pictures, José Carlos Meirelles, 61, one of the handful of sertanistas - experts on indigenous tribes - working for the Brazilian Indian Protection Agency, Funai, which is dedicated to searching out remote tribes and protecting them.

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

And then the Retort:

Uncontacted Amazon Tribe No Hoax, Group Says

Recent photos of an "uncontacted tribe" of Indians near the Brazil-Peru border have sparked media reports of a hoax, but the organization that released the images defends its claims and actions.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Okay, maybe not actors but this story is B.S. IMO. There is are more stories out there about it being a Hoax/Fake/Made up or embellished upon.

edit on 2/4/2011 by anon72 because: Additional stories/info

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Many things come to mind when I hear and see things about these lost tribes. I think about who are they, how did they get there, how long have they been there, what is their race, why havent they progressed, are they progressed humans living in equilibrium with the world, do they have a religion, does this religion include these roaring birds with wings that does not move with face of man in it, what is their accounts of history????????????

Fascinating subject.

Added:

Notice how scared the children were? Them men look brave and curious. Imagine what they are saying. "WTF is that?!".....

Interesting is that in our written and oral past there are stories that would probably be quite similar to what this new tribe are telling today...... "And they came from the skies". The birth of religion?

edit on 4-2-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thanks for posting, haven't seen that. Strangely, as I was watching that, I wondered if *we* are actually that non-developed tribe as more developed life looks down at us. But they have chosen not to be as visible to us as the helicopter was to the tribe. When they do, maybe it will be because we are in danger as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Maybe no one has noticed, but one member of the tribe is holding a manufactured, steel machete. At their feet is a 3-qt. enameled sauce pan or pot.

Not exactly "uncontacted."

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

And your certain this is steel because...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
reply to post by jdub297

And your certain this is steel because...

Because a wooden or mud machete would not work very well.Maybe it's aluminum, or un-cured iron; it's not indigenous to a "stone age" tribe.

A ceramic or enamel coated pot is not indigenous, unless you are part of the WalMart "tribe."

You can believe what you're told; or, you can believe your lyin' eyes.

Lool at the machete; look at the pot. Explain how these are consistent with "uncontacted."

deny ignorance

jw
edit on 4-2-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I seem to remember when this story first came out that there seemed to be a misunderstanding in sections of the press about the term ''uncontacted''.

They were reporting it as if this meant ''unknown'' to Westerners, when in fact, there are quite a few uncontacted tribes who we are fully aware of, but have made little or no amicable contact with, or do not wish to risk spreading diseases that they may be susceptible to.

The fact that these people may have been known about since 1910 doesn't alter the fact that they may still have been uncontacted, as a handful of Amazonian tribes still are.

Also, the presence of items and materials that you wouldn't expect to find in a remote village such as this, could be explained by a trade with a nearby people who have been contacted and who own some more modern items.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Very amazing footage. What this shows me is that we have so much still to learn about our own home, yet here we are trying to explore outside worlds....

I can just see these people going back to their village, trying to explain what they saw flying by in the sky... I wonder what they would think it was. A giant bird? Who knows.... Just really amazing.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

As I already pointed out in the OP, the idea that they are some completely isolated, "lost" tribe was oversensationalized by the media who picked up the story, not the organization who released it. They explain what uncontacted means on their website. These people still have contact with other tribes, some of whom have contact with the outside world:

Trade with tribes who have made contact likely explains the machete carried by a young boy at center, and the pot atop a stone below. More traditional is a basket containing papaya at left. Above it is a pile of bitter manioc, peeled prior to soaking. At top right are baskets with carrying straps, with banana leaves used as covers.

Unknown, Uncontacted Tribe Photographed in Brazilian Jungle

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d3e3b4615ef.jpg[/atsimg]

Do these people seriously look like they just hop in the mini-van and go machete shopping at Walmart on the weekends?

The entire point of this video/post was simply to help raise awareness about protecting their native land from somebody actually putting a Walmart on it. But as usual that point is entirely missed by ATS trolls who don't bother reading anything - just sit behind their computers and pounce on anything they think will help show the world their unrecognized genius...

"deny ignorance" blah blah blah

Yeah, I'm sure this is all just another big eco-hoax perpetrated by this evil, manipulative not-for-profit charity. Why are they attacking honest, hard working logging companies and South American governments who are just trying to make a decent living??? Oh the humanity...

new topics

top topics

join