It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Aliens Do Come. Will You Follow?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
If the aliens come, then I will be the first human in history to be charged with "Grand Theft Spaceship", as I take off for a better planet.

Seriously, I'm not a religious person, but I wouldn't follow the directives of an alien anymore than I would follow religious texts. As long as I have faith and remain faithful to myself, then I need no direction form any outside entity or force.

no need for direction you say ???

good luck on space-jacking a UFO if u don't know
how to fly it. And just where would you set your
compass (if it has one) on a spaceship to get
to your destination???

Seems like u would need some direction after all

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Im on the fence Im not so sure I would jump on their bandwagon. In the face of higher intelligence its only natural to want to know more but what if they are just selling you a bill of goods, so you can hope on their slave ship to a new earth lol. To the citizens back home they are none the wiser but when you reach your destination who knows what awaits. I personally think all answers are within. Thats really the only place you can trust as every book of knowledge and history was written by humans and we are greedy.

Reminds me of the Thiaoouba prophecy. This gullible fellow was being prodded in any direction the higher intelligence took him. Whenever he asked questions out of his reach they mind fracked him, or flat out ignored him. Sent him back to earth to singing their praises.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

me too

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesignmaster

Just because they said it doesn't make it so.....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have no desire to follow them anywhere..I have a feeling they would be up to no good ..I would just stay here and take my chances on mother earth..unless i didn't have a choice and there intentions are to make us slaves or pet food and i have a gut feeling that's what they would be up to ..so no thanks

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As I said before these being would be more intelligent. They would know everything about us and know exactly what to say for the majority of us to follow.

It doesn't really matter what they looked like, but lets just say they looked like us and keep it simple.

I am not a believer in Religion either but I firmly believe in a Creator...God or whatever you choose to call him.

Just because they had all this information and talked about Sumerians and how they were here before which wouldn't surprise me in the least, it wouldn't make me abandon my beliefs.

I think its scary because I think if they did come and started a conversation with us MOST of us would believe/follow them.

Honestly! Sounds like a last ditch effort Satan would pull to get the masses to turn away from their original Creator. Perhaps they always HAVE been here!

Think about THAT!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well considering I never believed anything religion says anyway I'd be ok there.

Plus I have a semi belief that our "Creator" was alien in origin anyway.
edit on 4-2-2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
abandoned belief in a god? what god. the pope?
we are slaves to the so called god and government.
I dont think any of you have learnt any lessons
from history.
more killing, torcher, horrors and mind less stupidety
have come from the worship of god.
than any thing else.

I would gladly go with the aliens.
as a lot have said they would to.
the questions was different then.
and it was ask't two times.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I didn't listen to my parents why would I listen to a little grey guy with a fetish for annal probes? I'm sorry I would seriously doubt any religion based around cattle mutilation and "probing".

There was a movie or a book about an alien invasion and one of the earth troops commented that he had been behind lines for years and someone asked how he survived and he said the aliens tasted like chicken.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

i agree with this guy

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There is a huge difference between someone being IQ higher intelligence and someone being emotionally higher intelligence. Chose your reason [God, evolution] but humans are basically pack animals that kill for foods; all of our socialness is inbred to get on with other humans [otherwise we could not hunt as a pack] and we are omnivores [but closer to carnivores].

If the alien was a herbivore, it may have much more intelligence but would have as different set of ethics [no more wrong and no more right than ours]. Likewise a solitary hunter would have a different set of ethics. Could we live with those ethics? Could an intelligent sheep live with our set of ethics? - The answer would be no.

So why should we follow this alien. Superior intelligence means nothing
edit on 4-2-2011 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
COMMON SENSE DICTATES THAT ALIENS WILL NOT GIVE US NEW TECH BECAUSE WE ARE A STILL WARLIKE RACE WHO WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO GET POWER IF YOUR A TREKIE WHO HAS ACHEIVED SAID WARP CAPABLITY THEN WE WOULD HAVE SOME HOPE THAT WE ARE ALL COMING TOGETHER AS ONE THEN I ASSUME THEY WOULD CONTACT US FOR POSSIBLE FRIENDSHIP AS SPOCK WOULD SAY IT LOGICAL CAPTAIN AND I MEAN NO PUN BY THAT LETS SAY I HAVE ONLY SEEN THEM IN MY DREAMS AND THEY DONT LOOK LIKE US

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would definitely leave if i knew i had a chance of coming back someday. Theres still a question if they would actually want to take someone from earth.

There would be so many things to learn. I'd like to know where did we go wrong.
I, as a human being, am here to learn and i don't think there's a better alternative than outer space exploration.
I'd leave everything here without blinking, it would only be a bit sad because i'd have to leave my loved ones.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

What if they force you to behave like a pet. Like we do with our pets.

Is it really any different than how we are already treated?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well if they told me that God was man made and does not exist, then they would have to know, so I would ask them, can you prove it?
If they came as friend's, they would prove it, but somehow I dont know how they would prove that even if they are so advanced that they come from the other end of the universe.
So to me if aliens come and tell me God aint real and they cant prove it, I would say neither are you and ask for them to prove who they claim to be and where they claim to be from.
Still, for a spiritual person that would change nothing because it's deity resides in the realm of the unseen.
That is why spirituality and religion is so powerful.
So I dont think that if aliens came they would tell us that God is not real. If they do, they aint aliens but probably guy's in fantastic suit's worthy of an oscar.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
There is a huge difference between someone being IQ higher intelligence and someone being emotionally higher intelligence. Chose your reason [God, evolution] but humans are basically pack animals that kill for foods; all of our socialness is inbred to get on with other humans [otherwise we could not hunt as a pack] and we are omnivores [but closer to carnivores].

If the alien was a herbivore, it may have much more intelligence but would have as different set of ethics [no more wrong and no more right than ours]. Likewise a solitary hunter would have a different set of ethics. Could we live with those ethics? Could an intelligent sheep live with our set of ethics? - The answer would be no.

So why should we follow this alien. Superior intelligence means nothing
edit on 4-2-2011 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

Interesting take on it.... However most of us buy our meat at the market so we don't hunt in packs.

Why would you think a herbivore would have more intelligence than an omnivore or carnivore? Does that mean you think Vegans smarter than the rest of the population then? I could probably introduce you to a few that might change your mind on that one.

Sheep/Animals don't create things so I hardly think of myself as an just another animal roaming the earth. Humans constantly evolve and change. Sometimes for the better, and sometimes not so much.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

how much would you be willing to believe if they said and did all the right moves.

What would an alien visitor be doing if they were "doing all the right moves"???

When I say follow I mean just believe what they tell us because they have such advanced technology and tell us a different story of our world.

I question what we are taught amongst ourselves about the "story of our World" .. I would question any other story the same and would hopefully have better answers.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
why would you abandon your belief in God just because some extraterrestrial society has managed to find a way to cross great distances.

if aliens can do it, then so can man because the laws of physics are universal.

any aliens are as much God's creation as we are. there is nothing special or supernatural about them except the gifts God has given them.

by what we see on earth, God is diverse, blessing each one of his creations with certain gifts and abilities that are unique to them.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I think its scary because I think if they did come and started a conversation with us MOST of us would believe/follow them.

Honestly! Sounds like a last ditch effort Satan would pull to get the masses to turn away from their original Creator. Perhaps they always HAVE been here!

Think about THAT!!

My dad is really into the bible and things like that he thinks the exact same thing. He is real into conspiracies and aliens, and we often talk about it. Everytime the subject of aliens visiting us comes up he always says he wouldnt trust them because they are demons. Personally im not sure, but i agree it would seem very enticing to want to go with them with all sorts of new technolgy. On the other hand i also follow that religion and wouldnt give it up.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well that was a very impressive answer. I feel the same way as you do in many aspects. However in this day and age I think it would be naive of you to say you do not follow anyone or anything. Do you not watch TV? I believe everything we see has a direct impact on what we do whether we acknowledge it or not.

Remote Viewing you say? I've done some research into that but have found nothing that would make believe that they weren't just dreaming. I tend to have some interesting dreams myself.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join