It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Aliens Do Come. Will You Follow?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You say "Aliens" - That is almost stereotyping them.

What type of Alien are we talking about? What race? What Solar system are they from? What is their ultimate agenda? Are the benevolent or malevolent?

Lots of questions to be answered before I say one way or another. I'd need a lot more details.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienGrey

It's a bit vague question:

"do you want to sever another master or you want to serve your recent master?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I like to follow my "gut instinct" so it would depend. Upon meeting them and listening to what they had to say and my "gut instinct" said they were right I would follow them. On the other hand, if my "gut instinct" gave me a bad feeling then I wouldn't follow. Already thought it through

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

First, we do not have to, nor would we assume "aliens" are more intelligent.

That has to be proven.

Second, religion is man-made, not manufactured by God, man uses assembly lines to make religion.

Third, I am not going anywhere, with anyone, neither "God" nor alleged "aliens".

I only follow people I fully know, respect, and understand their intent through leadership.

I have to know the person, whether Omniscient (God), pan-Universal ("aliens"), or leaders (human).

With that I have to know what organization they represent, what the intent of the organization is in all regards, and what the power structure is as well as whether it is beneficial or detrimental to both mankind and or myself, and I have know which type of control mechanism holds the power for it, whether through religious, guilt through denial of self, or Government based.

Let us not forget their mission statement.

I would like to see a prospectus for their stocks as well.

Except for that last sentence everything said here I am dead serious about.

Over all, there are far too many religions, claiming to be the correct one, worshipping the same "God".

Or a similar one.

Religion is nothing more than denial of self through some power structure in a control mechanism.

To subvert your own persona to seek a higher power is nothing more than subverting your dominance.

To a conglomerate of people with similar mindsets which a few select leaders over the group who make money.

So, the reverse of this, is whether you are religious, or spiritual, and would you subvert yourself to "aliens"?

I am more spritual than religious and I subvert myself to no one because I lead myself and no one else.

Unless I choose to pick up the mantle of leadership which I have in many avenues in my life.

I choose to read the Bible as well as any other book that gives me divination into leadership.

I leave this planet every single night through Remote Viewing so "aliens" have nothing to offer me.

And through Remote Viewing I can travel faster than their technology and learn more through my own capabilities.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
i see religions as total & utterly BS so if some one offered yet another (space) religion then no thanks, i rather use common sense than follow blindly like religious people do.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
So lets just say the Aliens do come. We would naturally assume of course they are more intelligent then we are. What would you do? Would you abandon any/all belief in God and follow them? I wouldn't. Keep it simple guys its just a POLL.

Okay lets just say they brought Peace and were willing to share with us lots of new technology that would help our species. BUT they told you that the religion was of mans orgin and that there was NO GOD. So to follow them we would have to abandon all our beliefs in him. My point of this Thread is how much would you be willing to believe if they said and did all the right moves.

When I say follow I mean just believe what they tell us because they have such advanced technology and tell us a different story of our world.

Given what the Bible already says.......I would not be willing to abandon mine.
edit on 4-2-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

Good question...

Short answer - no.

Longer answer - I am totally expecting them to offer biological technology that will have us live much longer disease free...
...and I think most everyone will accept this 'mark'. extra DIV

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Follow them where?

And did they brng me a present?

- My thoughts too. Not sure, it would depend where they wanted me to follow them to. After watching the TV series "V", just really don't know.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Originally posted by nerbot
Follow them where?

And did they brng me a present?

- My thoughts too. Not sure, it would depend where they wanted me to follow them to. After watching the TV series "V", just really don't know.

Yes cargo cults will be common.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
A really silly thread with an annoying all caps subject made even more annoying by people introducing religion into it. The worlds already in a deep enough pile of pooh FROM religion, lets try and think for ourselves without the need to clarify it with religion.

I've asked myself the same question many times, if a race came here and said to me in a way I could accept and be sure of that they were here to help, here to let those with a sense of adventure go and learn from them then yes I would go and my wife has said she would.

But let me explain the reason behind this leap of thought.

I'm nigh on 50, for 16 years I have suffered from severe depression, for almost the same amount of time I have developed severe arthritis via my spinal cord and my knee's have almost worn themselves out. Due to the pain I cannot concentrate on a monitor for more than 15 mins or the pain is intense.

I used to earn a LOT of money, both of us were well up the ladder but it came crashing down 16 years again and left us with nothing but the clothes on our backs and help from friends. Now we have a lovely daughter but the world outside is slowly but surely becoming a very bad place. We humans are little more than a parasite on this planet, we destroy destroy and destroy some more simply because we can. We show little in the way of control and are growing at a non sustainable rate, quite simply we are killing this place and each other over greed. There's people around my roads that would kill you for 5 quid, we have banks that would take away your house just to make a profit, we have world leaders that use us as collateral damage at the drop of a hat.

So, if someone came to me and said we can take you away from this, possibly help your illness and give you a brighter future then guess what, my bags would be packed in seconds..

What's my alternative here, walk outside where we have roving street gangs, people threatening us over 'faith', hospitals that can't afford to treat me or the treatment could paralyse me.

Somehow Earth does not seem such a wonderful place at times...
edit on 4-2-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Okay lets just say they brought Peace and were willing to share with us lots of new technology that would help our species. BUT they told you that the religion was of mans orgin and that there was NO GOD.

Already agree that religion is of man's origin, but it would be interesting to find out how they know there's no God.
If they believe there's no God, then I don't see a problem, but to actually prove he's not there

I'm an agnostic, so no religion is fine with me

as for following them, will there be doughnuts?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

as for following them, will there be doughnuts?

Yes indeed, made from the finest gwala fish from Signub 5

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I absolutely mean no disrespect, but some people write as if they know for a fact there is no God. How do you know there isn't? It is perfectly okay to believe that, but should people accuse others of having a wrong philosophy just because they don't agree? I see a lot of atheists and agnostics on here and that's perfectly okay! You are part of mankind as well, and I respect you. However, when you try to impose your (lack of) belief on others, you are just as guilty as the ones that you accuse of forcing religion on others! You appear to be enforcing your ideologies on others and accuse others of trying to enforce theirs upon you! I would say that is hypocritical, wouldn't you? Some of us believe science and religion are one and the same, but leaders of both have clouded their judgement of the other without reason or logic. Just saying and this wasn't directed at anyone in particular....maybe aliens are the Gods or the religions or maybe not. I would like to find out, personally.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnuraOne
I absolutely mean no disrespect, but some people write as if they know for a fact there is no God. How do you know there isn't? It is perfectly okay to believe that, but should people accuse others of having a wrong philosophy just because they don't agree? I see a lot of atheists and agnostics on here and that's perfectly okay! You are part of mankind as well, and I respect you. However, when you try to impose your (lack of) belief on others, you are just as guilty as the ones that you accuse of forcing religion on others! You appear to be enforcing your ideologies on others and accuse others of trying to enforce theirs upon you! I would say that is hypocritical, wouldn't you? Some of us believe science and religion are one and the same, but leaders of both have clouded their judgement of the other without reason or logic. Just saying and this wasn't directed at anyone in particular....maybe aliens are the Gods or the religions or maybe not. I would like to find out, personally.

I think it would be worse if the aliens are religious rather than non
A lot of people will automatically switch to this new religion on the assumption that since they are more advanced they must know a bit more about it all.
Even worse, waking up in the middle of the night to find a group of aliens looking down on you, and one of them is holding a pamphlet

At least Jehovah Witnesses knock on your door first

edit on 4/2/11 by Daisy-Lola because: Jehovah Witnesse

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Without doubt, the answer is no.
My beliefs are very important to me, and I did not come by them without a great deal of work, study and soul searching.
If some other species landed and told me I'd have to give up my faith to follow them, they'd have to move along without me.
I'd also seriously question their motives.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't see what the "God" issue has to do with it.
But, yes, I would join them. I keep praying for the ETs to come, and I want to go with them.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well, I believe I am the culprit that brought religion into it. If some were offended, I apologize. However, I didn't make a declaration that they were Gods. I simply stated that I believe in them and my religion speaks of them in my holy book. However, since the thread went in that direction. I believe 'GOD" has a lot to do with it considering the ancient peoples of the earth referred to them as 'gods'. Sumerians, Incans, Egyptians, etc. So, technically, the 'god' issue is very much important but I am not the original poster. Apologies.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

God didnt make the planet the way it is today, we did. God isnt a babysitter. We can chose not to poison the planet, and everything else in this crazy world. All done by man, not God. Dont know why so many "blame" God for our mistakes.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So lets just say the Aliens do come. We would naturally assume of course they are more intelligent then we are.

Greetings, iLoGiCViZiOnS, you make one think, and now you will hear my thoughts on this.

Okay lets just say they brought Peace and were willing to share with us lots of new technology that would help our species. BUT they told you that the religion was of mans orgin and that there was NO GOD. So to follow them we would have to abandon all our beliefs in him. My point of this Thread is how much would you be willing to believe if they said and did all the right moves.

This already happened, back in 1957...
Valiant Thor from the Planet Venus

Venusians

Others, like the group from the Pleiades System also warned humanity about war, and tried to get them to give up the nuclear weapons, and embrace Spirituality, but were politely refused, and told that if America did that, it would destroy the American Economy. The powers that are running America, and the world, want but two things: Control and Power. They will do anything at all to get it, and keep it. Even if it means the total destruction of this planet, and believe me, TPTB could most easily do this.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I WOULD ASK THEM WHO CREATED THEM. Lets discuss if its a take our way or not get any of our help scenerio then it kinda of tells who we are dealing with. I would also ask WHO INFLUENCED ALL THE GOOD BOOKS ON EA. Its inhabitants imagination????
edit on 2/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Good question. I really wonder if some E.T. or Alien trully know the truth or if they are as lost of herds as EA. Thing is there will be clarity for all within this lil universe... S&F

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join