It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Aliens Do Come. Will You Follow?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So lets just say the Aliens do come. We would naturally assume of course they are more intelligent then we are. What would you do? Would you abandon any/all belief in God and follow them? I wouldn't. Keep it simple guys its just a POLL.

Okay lets just say they brought Peace and were willing to share with us lots of new technology that would help our species. BUT they told you that the religion was of mans orgin and that there was NO GOD. So to follow them we would have to abandon all our beliefs in him. My point of this Thread is how much would you be willing to believe if they said and did all the right moves.

When I say follow I mean just believe what they tell us because they have such advanced technology and tell us a different story of our world.

Given what the Bible already says.......I would not be willing to abandon mine.
edit on 4-2-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use-Polls – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/4/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hmm, yes I would. Or, I would now.

I don't really know if I would if it really happend. But as I see it now, yes I would. I would "give up" all here on earth if nessesary. I want to explore, see new things, smell new things, new world maybe, new people, All new things!

And, if they are bad, and they take me because they want to eat me, well, let them!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
no i wouldnt
simple enough for ya?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I would assume their intelligence was beyond ours because of the technology needed to travel through the vastness of space. We do not possess vehicles (At the moment) that can travel in those kinds of distances.

"What would you do? Would you abandon any/all belief in God and follow them?"

No, but I would want to understand why they are here.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Striker122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Follow them where?

And did they brng me a present?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Would i give up Earth and God? No i would not.

If these creatures are much more intelligent then us. They would probably keep unpredictable humans like us in a cages like pets. Like we do with creatures that are much less intelligent then our selves.

What if they force you to behave like a pet. Like we do with our pets.

What if these creatures look like weird bugs? Would any of you fallow a creature like that and risk your life with them?

I would not.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
As long as mankind seeks salvation "out there," he paves the way for beings vying to become his Overlords.

you have been warned.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I already abandoned belief in a god a few years ago. If extraterrestrials are willing to offer me a better life on a better planet, I'll gladly leave this pathetic planet. Too many religious nuts here.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Maybe their allready here but using lower case.
regards, robbo

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
When you say aliens, it is possible there may be millions or even billions of different species, each with there own agenda and point of view towards us, humanity. If there offering a tranquil holiday of a life time in a distant universe I'm all for it.. so yes and no if there' intentions are bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Could you please elaborate on the meaning of 'follow'? If you are referring to worshiping them, then I would have to decline. However, if you are talking about being invited into their craft and leaving this planet, I would not hesitate!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Ok but what species and which agenda?

What silly thread

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I wouldnt abandon my faith in a 'creator', why would i? Something created us...if it created us it also created them and any other beings.

Would i follow? I cant say until i meet them and 'feel' whether its right or not to do so...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Would I "follow" them? No. More like they would "take" me. After all, we are not sheep.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Neither question can be answered unless aliens actually come here one day.

1.) Would I change my belief in God?

Why should it change anyones belief? Some believe in a creator and some don't. They could land one day and be just as clueless as us on that subject. They could also turn out to be the very "Gods" we may or may not believe in.

2.) Would I follow them?

Why should anyone be quick to follow them just because they happen to be aliens? Wouldn't it be best to stay very cautious of them? They could land and be perfectly innocent and tell us they've been in search of other life, found it and wanted to say hello and share their knowledge. They could also land, say all that same stuff then after a certain amount of time, turn on us and destroy us.

Seriously, nobody here can give a real answer to this because it hasn't happened. All answers are based on what they personally believe, but the simple truth is that we haven't got a freakin' clue and may never have it.
edit on 4-2-2011 by nightmare_david because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well IF Aliens did come I would think they would be in the same boat as us, the boat being finding out if their is other life, so I doubt they would want to harm us, maybe ally? However that entirely depends what kinda of race they are, how they have evolved socially. So they are either coming for peace and to learn from us, or they need something in which case if they don't get it first time by asking nicely, they WILL take it...

Answer to your question, I would not abandon anything. I am Human, my thoughts are for Humanity as a whole. I live for Humanity, I will never abandon my heritage!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What do you mean if the "do" come? Haven't they already? Haven't we visited other planets? Give it up already it's flat out obvious we've been visted by mere observation of our own Universe. Everything we have is out there to infinity.

Interesting question, has a slight biblical theme, it all depends on what type of "aliens" come, i.e. water molecules, unknown origin, etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Literal Aliens. Ascending down in the UFO's we so often talk about here. Perhaps even front door of the White House talking Live on CNN. Crazy stuff that usually only gets talked about here, but what would you really do and how would you really react that is the question.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Of course I believe there must be other intelligent life forms outside our planet. I also believe there are many different species, not just one. I, personally, would be excited that a 'formal' and public contact would finally have been made. However, I would also be nervous because who knows their intentions? Are they hostile? Are they docile? One will not know until the time comes. Until then, we can speculate. As someone who has a personal religion and whom regularly practices my spirituality, I believe in extra-terrestrials. However, I do not see them making a 'formal' introduction just yet, because we are not ready in my opinion. We as humans do not even know how to interact with ourselves, much less beings from another planet and I think they know this. We need to mature a little more before we are 'up to par' so to speak. On the other hand, if things get too out of hand here on earth (and it is starting to IMO) they may just have to intervene...long story short, it would cause mass hysteria in our current time.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Sorry was that at me? I will rephrase it
If they reveal themselves

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join