It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird things that happened to you as a child

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

makinit66
reply to post by Whatdidisee

I too have had the same dream in which I am running down a dark road with trees and a chain-link fence on my right side. While I am running I am also lifting off the ground and running in the air. At times I become afraid that I can't control myself mid-air, it's at that time that I descend back to the ground. I keep repeating the lift/descend over and over as if I am trying to get it right.

It's such a cool feeling running in the air, however, I'd like to understand where my fear is coming from.

I use to have experiences just like this when I was younger but not so much anymore.
When you say running down a dark road do you mean it was night time? The reason I'm asking is many times I had flying experiences it would be night time and I started to wonder if I was just dreaming or was I having an out of body experiences at night while my body slept back in the bed.
edit on 25-11-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive

makinit66
reply to post by Whatdidisee

I too have had the same dream in which I am running down a dark road with trees and a chain-link fence on my right side. While I am running I am also lifting off the ground and running in the air. At times I become afraid that I can't control myself mid-air, it's at that time that I descend back to the ground. I keep repeating the lift/descend over and over as if I am trying to get it right.

It's such a cool feeling running in the air, however, I'd like to understand where my fear is coming from.

I use to have experiences just like this when I was younger but not so much anymore.
When you say running down a dark road do you mean it was night time? The reason I'm asking is many times I had flying experiences it would be night time and I started to wonder if I was just dreaming or was I having an out of body experiences at night while my body slept back in the bed.
edit on 25-11-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I suspect the latter. I used to have this dream a lot as a child. Within the past year I had a similar dream but managed to transcend the long dark road and rise up into the air in an approximation of actual flight. It was a cool experience but still quite frightening in its own way. I saw the world as a series of boxes, and felt compelled to choose a new one for myself and family. I chose he one with the fewest Rhinoceros.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Some of the weirdest things that happened to me as a child:I was about 3 going on 4,when I wandered into my adoptive mother's chicken run,she always kept poultry.I was just dawdling around in there,when a really horrible feeling came over me,the sun seemed to be brighter,and I blacked out.When I came to,I was standing upright,and there was a dead chicken by my feet.I bent over in amazement,could'nt figure out how a chicken suddenly died+i remember one single drop of blood running from one of its eyes.I was shocked but also ectremely intrigued,and I suddenly got the feeling that my adoptive mother would blame me-which she did-and beat the stuffing outa me.But I did not touch that chicken! I was so small I could'nt even catch one and would'nt know what to do with a chicken if I could,plus absolutely zero desire to kill any animal.What sticks most,is the feeling that came over me before I blacked out-anger,just a weird helpless feeling,as a grown-up I would call it despair,I guess.After I came to,and found the dead chicken,too-for such a small kiddie,it was propably strange,but I felt there was something wrong with me,and I was not like other people,no matter how much I would have to pretend to be.And I felt deeply hurt that my mother would assume I'd kill a chicken.I love chickens+poultry,always have+still do.

I have some more,be right back,just gotta attend to something here.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Another weird thing that happened to me as a kid,i was about 4 or 5 i guess,not older,i certainly was'nt near school-going age yet:
I have a memory of sitting,kneeling in the dimly lit hallway outside our kitchen,and i see this hand coming from my right side,just a hand,i have the impression it's a man's hand,it is definitely not my mother's hand.It passes me a box of crayons,in front of me on the floor is a coloring book,i don't recall the pic on the right hand page,on the left page is a rooster with a lush tail.I start coloring the tailfeathers one after the other,having great fun doing so-then 3 things happen at the same time:

Some one/thing lifts me from behind,up and away from my coloring
I can see the sky now,through the roof of the hallway and kitchen
I am floating about 6ft above ground level,outside the back door,the kitchen door.Under a brown sky,with a ketchup-red sun or moon

After that,nothing.

Then some time after,i always had a feeling this was about 2 days later,why,i don't know.I am in the kitchen with my adoptive mother,just the 2 of us in the house.There is a strange blue-greenish light all around,and i ask her,where is my coloring book,i want to continue with coloring the rooster's tail.Well,she gave me a look of bsolute anger and disgust and hatred,and says in a cold,hateful voice: Well,it has disappeared off the planet,has'nt it now?"Such venom-and a strange feeling,that although we were in our house,our house was somewhere else,it had a dreamlike quality,but these were not dreams,it's been over 40 years,and the strangeness of that haunts me to this day.

We lived in a quite isolated area,in a mostly industrial/railyard part of town,on an old graveyard,right up next to a deconsecrated church,which creeped out not only me,but the labourers started refusing to go in there on pain of getting fired-they claimed they saw "faces in the walls' my father told us.The company my father worked for,on which industrial property we lived,used the church as a storage warehouse for some of their products.I was once bouncing my ball off the old church wall,and once in a while it would bounce against the window of a backroom that formed part of the old church.I was playing like this once,and the ball bounced against the window(another example of how well things were made back in the day,that glass must have been Thick and much stronger than today's sheety quality in most products) Suddenly a pitchblack shadow came from the other side of the window,inside the church-an impossibly long and thin pitchblack arm attached to a large longfingered hand-and reached up to the glass pane,on the inside.Well i Scattered,i was absolutely terrified-i was way too far from the window that it could've been my own arm's shadow-and that shadow looked totally un-human,it was awfully sinister+scary.Never played there again.

My father was gardening once,in the small patch of soil between our house wall and the wall of the church,when he dug up a human skull.He took me with him when he took the skull to a man that had an outside room by his house,shelves and shelves of human skulls,propably an anthropologist,ny father knew a lot of people.

Another strangeness,which was a chronic sort of thing:
I would be playing outside,and my adoptive mother would be starting dinner,her 2 adult sons would be home from work,kicking back,listening to music,drinking,etc.Then i would feel to lay down on my back and stare up at the sky,i used to love staring up into that beautiful light blue-and i could never recall how long i would lay there,but always i would start at some point to feel really sick and weird and out of body,intense vertigo,shaking,i would think,i feel like a ghost.Then i would stumble into the house,in a daze,and here's the weird part-the house would be tidy and felt like it had been closed up+the owners on vacation-my mother and her sons would be missing,the kitchen where she'd been fixing dinner would be tidy,the house would be deathly quiet and there would be this "heavy' somnolent air,like the whole house had been deserted for a long time.The 1st time it happened ,i called out to my mother,but no one came-and there was always something stopping me from going further than the kitchen,and looking for my family members.I just always sat down in the same chair in the kitchen,the exact same chair,round from the hallway where the other hi-strange thing happened,the coloring book+floating thing.

I would sit there,and after what was propably about 20-30 minutes later,i started feeling in my body again,and the shakiness and vertigo,the feeling of being a ghost,would pass.Kids are resillient,so i would then go outside and play some more-and then a while later,i would be called for dinner-and Everyone and Everything would be back-my mother working on supper,her sons drinking+listening to music,etc-like nothing had happened.And i never asked about this,idk why.I never even considered asking,which to me is highly weird in itself.

Then when i was 23yo,my friend Amy and i walked from her house where we'd been,to ask if i may sleep over at her house.As we entered the front door,my adoptive parents were standing there in the hallway,right at the spot where they blocked further entry to either the kitchen or the back bedrooms.I mean,just standing there,like robots.Not talking,with the weirdest expressions,blank and lifeless yet angry,idk impossible to describe.My friend greeted them-no response.I asked if i may sleep over by Amy,no response.Just standing there so still,so quiet.This freaked Amy out so much she touched my arm and said;"Lets get outa here!!!"

So we did,we were both in tears from fear+being freaked out,we ran all the way back to her house and went to tell her mom-who said we had overactive imaginations,but thankfully let me sleep over-there was No way i was going back to that house that evening,i would sooner have found one of the many hidey-holes on the industrial property to sleep,or in some one's garden,for that matter.

Next morning,i warily went home-to find my mother in the kitchen,baking something,and a cheerful Hi!!
Now my father seldom drank alcohol,and my mother never,I was adopted late in my mother's life,so they were in their 60's then-DEFINITELY no drugs involved either.The next day my mother acted just like i had asked for permission to sleep over by Amy,and received permission+returned home after my sleep-over,nothing out of the ordinary at all.I will never know what went on with them that evening,and quite frankly i don't want to know.That was super-scary.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Guh when I was young I would CONSTANTLY have a dream where I was stuck to the ground/carpet in my childhood home. My entire family would be in the kitchen and then down the hallway I would see a CHICKEN followed by ET (from the movie) come out of the room and drag me into it.
Gives me chills to this day lmao.
-Seth.

OH. And, my grandmother was very fond of recording my sisters and I throughout our childhood. There are plenty videos of me very young where suddenly all of my attention would shoot somewhere. I would then point my finger at something and follow it around. They never saw anything.
Not nearly as crazy as some iv read on here though lol.

-Seth

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

eyesdown
Brilliant thread!

I had a lot of weird things happen as a child, I think maybe now I am just a little weird.

Most strange things happen to me at night.

I used to wake up the middle of the night with this over whelming sense of fear regret and guilt I was so young maybe 6-7 but it went on for a while. I felt as though I had just remembered I had killed someone and could not get over the regret, these were accompanied by hallucinations, I would get up run to the bathroom and put the light on in a frenzy and panic to comprehend what I had done, Then slowly the feeling would wear off and I would feel relief and realise I had done nothing wrong and the visions would go away.

I could also see a type of green gas/fog at night and sometimes i still can.

I have a memory of me and my best friend at the time jumping down a full flight of stairs and landing safely, I am 90 percent sure it happened.

Oh i was also petrified of aliens. Spent many nights of my childhood sweating to death under a quilt because I was convinced aliens were coming to get me
Lol thankfully I've changed a lil bit over the years.

I definitely have a a memory you just reminded me of.
It was of my cousin and I jumping down a flight of stairs at my great grandmothers. Which in reality would have killed/hurt us. But I remember it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

edit on 28-11-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2013 by Galadriel because: sorry can't seem to get my post to post correctly today; will try later

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I grew up in rural suburb of Chicago. When I was about 7 or 8, I remember waking up in the middle of the night and looking out my window. There was a small grove of trees right behind the house where my room was. It was bright, and full of multicolored lights, blues, greens, reds, yellows, and oranges all in continuous motion. Once I was able to see clearly, I could see small creatures with large heads in the grove. They must have been only about 4 ft. tall. I don't remember seeing their faces clearly. They were touching the trees, feeling the bark like they were fascinated with them. I watched them for a few minutes. Then, I don't know what happened because I woke up on my floor the next morning by the window. I don't know if I fell asleep again watching them or if they discovered me and put me back to sleep.

My father also told me of beings visiting our yard. He said a ship had landed back there and that he actually spoke to them once. I believe him because my father never lied to me and he was a Navy man of high integrity.

edit on 12/8/2013 by MickeyMouga because: mispelled word.

edit on 12/8/2013 by MickeyMouga because: Added content.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
One of my first memories was when I was 3 years old, and my father was abnormally stressed. He told me to wait in the car while he made a 3-way phone call at a pay phone. This was 88', and there was no way to make 3-way calls on a pay phone as far as I am aware.

Well I climbed out of the car, walked over to him, and whined like 3yos do. He frustratedly picked me up to hold me. First thing I did? Hit the receiver, ending the phone call. He freaked out and screamed bloody murder at me, in the middle of the run down strip mall. I ran across the street and hid in the floorboard of the car.

Who was he contacting? Who the heck knows... A three way on a pay phone in the middle of a crappy suburban mall in small town America? It was the first in a long line of events that shed light into member's of my family's murky past...
edit on 12201312amTue, 10 Dec 2013 11:38:03 -06002013-12-10T11:38:03-06:001101 by monarch01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well... I had one really weird thing happen in life I could never explain. I was four years old in 1970,
living in Muncie Indiana. I had a friend who lived across the street who was 2 years older. I was at her house sitting in the kitchen waiting for her to come back from something. The mother offered me a glass of soda. The glass was filled with ice and soda sitting right in front of me, when all the soda slowly disappeared going lower in the glass. I was in total shock. I picked the glass up and looked under it. I told the mother and her brother who wandered into the room what happened. They laughed at me at first. They thought I drank it. I was confused and frustrated. Eventually they could tell I was serious, and they filled the glass up again. Nothing happened, and I drank that glass. I was a weird unexplained event. I am clueless to what happened and I always remembered it, 43 years later.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join