It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird things that happened to you as a child

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
when i was little i seen 3 ufos in a triangle pattern floating and i was paralized with fear until my freind grabbed my arm and pulled me into a shed where we hid for 30 minutes and when we came out it was still there

also one time i was in the basement with my uncles and i seen a shadow of a small child running along the wall back and forth and when i touched it the shadow stopped

and when i was 7 ,i was laying in bed with all the lights off and i lived by a field and in the window something jumped up and fell back down it had dark green skin and black beady eyes with sharp teeth

ive also had premenitions or however you spell it

and i used to have this dream where i was on top of a giant orange slide surrounded by nothing but darkness and all you could see was the glow coming from it and when i slid down i fell and fell i could even feel my stomache turn as if i was actually falling and then id wake up in cold sweats
edit on 12-2-2011 by deadpoolfreak1110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deadpoolfreak1110

I still have this vivid dream that I can fly and levitate myself by just thinking it. But to do it you have to have 100% confidence you are capable of it and it will work. I've had that dream many times and as I grow older it seems more possible that something like that could happen

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatdidisee

I too have had the same dream in which I am running down a dark road with trees and a chain-link fence on my right side. While I am running I am also lifting off the ground and running in the air. At times I become afraid that I can't control myself mid-air, it's at that time that I descend back to the ground. I keep repeating the lift/descend over and over as if I am trying to get it right.

It's such a cool feeling running in the air, however, I'd like to understand where my fear is coming from.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I don't know how old I was but I was real young. I was in bed facing the closet and remember seeing a form of a man but it was a soft light and the light looked liked snow that you would see on the old tv stations when the station was off the air. I don't remember what happened next and I was not frightened.

I also remember playing on the steps by the back door. We did not have railings and I stepped off backwards from the top step. I should have fallen to the concrete below but my foot came down on something solid and it guided my foot back to the steps. I turned and looked but nothing was there. I was probably only 3 or 4 at the time. It did frighten me but I never told a soul until now.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I've had strange things happen as a kid too. I've seen stars in the sky for hours at a time on cloudless nights just randomly start moving across the sky then disappear. This happened twice, once completely out of the blue, and the other time I actually 'asked' for a sign, if any of this was real or not. I know that may sound strange, but I was advised to 'ask' and see what happened by a lot of people. I've also had premonitions in the form of dreams, some of them where quite irrelevant, like I would know if a new building was being constructed, even if I hadn't been around that area in a long time, or I would know where we (my family) were going to go on a certain day, even if no one had told me.
I've also been able to almost 'wish' something into existence. It doesn't really work with inanimate objects as such, but if I want someone to do something for me, I can get them to do it, right down to the location and the time of day, without telling them, or in some cases without even having any contact with them. All I have to do is picture it in my mind, and it really does happen, sometimes I don't even have any control over it, as in there was no intention for it to actually happen in reality.
I know this sounds hard to believe, but it's what I've seen happen through my own eyes, with both amazing and dire consequences. x

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Im sure people have some stories they cant explain that happened to them as a child. I had 3 very unusual memories of incidents that confused me to this day.

First was when i was awoken suddenly when i was about 7. It was in the middle of the night, when some light/white writings appeared on my wall. It was like someone was projecting it. The writings were not letter or numbers, and they seemed to be moving up.

2nd. Was what i think was my "abduction". I was about 14. I remember 2 memories of this instance. First was me walking down the stairs. I could not talk,scream,speak i was mute. And the other was having a glimpse with my right eye of were i was. It was some kind of a spaceport. I remeber the blackness of the sky. And seeing some kind of "spaceships".
(For years ive always had these memories. Ive been trying to work out if they were infact dreams or it really happened. But i dont remeber any dreams or infact memories i had when i was younger that stood out more than these.)

3rd. At about 10 i randomly came up with some words i called the onfont words. Nothing at all had influenced me to say those things, they just came to me, and i start writing them on my garage walls. Lol

I really do think life is a huge game. And we are supposed to figure out why we are here now living as the person we are. Through our deep memories that we try to hide, this constricts your truth. So go wild with your stories guys, you never know how much those specific experiences really means to you. Open up, open your minds. Take some time to look at all the weird things that happened to you, why it happened, what happened after, positive or negative? The people you meet, the names, the numbers, even your geographical locations. There is a reason why your exactly here this exact time for this exact reason. Ask yourself and find it.

I usually slept so deep that no one couldn't wake me up...
They just had to wait ti'll I whanted to wake

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
When i was about 6-13 years old i always woke up in the middle of the night since it felt like i was falling into my bed. I could hear the bed smacking into the ground and the wall right next to me. Freaked me out because i didnt know what was happening.

Most likely OBE. I dont sleepwalk, so that can't be it.

I can still find myself waking up in the middle of the night. But not as often.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is not something I remember, but at the time I had just turned 2. My grandfather told me about this and bought it up a few times in my life. I used to follow my grandfather everywhere I could. He was not the type of man to make up stories so I take it this did happen. My pop collected rubbish and back then also the old toilets before flushing happened in the towns in the area and also the farms, in an old 20 ton Bedford truck. This day he had taken me with him to work for the day, ( he worked for himself) and just used to leave me in the cab when he was grabbing rubbish or toilets and so forth. We came home for lunch, he had a small property out of town. We came back out to the truck and pop noticed he had a flat tyre, so started to try and change the tyre which was actually larger than me at 2. He could not get the nuts undone so went into the shed to get a lever of some type. He was gone for about ten minutes and when he came back out I ran up to him and said poppy poppy I have fixed it for you lets go. He laughed at me as what I said seemed to obviously be impossible as he as a fit and strong man couldn't even budge it. So he came around to the left back tyre and it turned out I had not only taken the old tyre off I had managed to jack the truck up and replace it with the spare...I idolized this man and I suppose I still do although he has passed away. Miss ya pop...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

The only strange thing from childhood for me would be a story my mother and grandmother told me when I was 14. Apparently, when I was about 2 ( I do not have any memory of this ) me and my mother were at my grandparents house. They were downstairs and heard me laughing and giggling, so they came in to the room to see why I was still awake ( I gather it was late in the evening, and I have always been a night person . As the story goes, when they came into the room there was a "demon" ( their words, not mine ) kneeling next to my bed. My mother and grandmother being religious folk ( religious but not zealots,or prone to superstitious extremes) "rebuked" this "demon" which from what I was told, did not particularly like that, but left.

My mother and grandmother were bother doctors, my mother in particular was a surgeon. I take their word at face value, although I don't particularly follow religion, they were not the type of people to make up stories, and since I was a model child, there was no reason to tell me this as a "scared straight" or " repent and clean up your act" story, and if I had not had a particularly nasty nightmare at the time, I doubt I would have ever been told.

Anything else that may have happened as a kid, I don't chalk up to being strange just happenstance or a product of strength of mind and will. I have always been a fearless sort of person, with an innate martial prowess. I am a long time student of kenjutsu, and in a fight everything for me seems to go into slow motion ( and no I do not believe I am actually slowing down time, it just appears that way) I can see everything, which is a bonus when fighting with a sword
I can get lost in kata or mediation for hours if motivated, amongst other things that people find "super natural" but I see as "training that has paid off"

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itachimaru
reply to post by undead trev

The only strange thing from childhood for me would be a story my mother and grandmother told me when I was 14. Apparently, when I was about 2 ( I do not have any memory of this ) me and my mother were at my grandparents house. They were downstairs and heard me laughing and giggling, so they came in to the room to see why I was still awake ( I gather it was late in the evening, and I have always been a night person . As the story goes, when they came into the room there was a "demon" ( their words, not mine ) kneeling next to my bed. My mother and grandmother being religious folk ( religious but not zealots,or prone to superstitious extremes) "rebuked" this "demon" which from what I was told, did not particularly like that, but left.

My mother and grandmother were bother doctors, my mother in particular was a surgeon. I take their word at face value, although I don't particularly follow religion, they were not the type of people to make up stories, and since I was a model child, there was no reason to tell me this as a "scared straight" or " repent and clean up your act" story, and if I had not had a particularly nasty nightmare at the time, I doubt I would have ever been told.

Anything else that may have happened as a kid, I don't chalk up to being strange just happenstance or a product of strength of mind and will. I have always been a fearless sort of person, with an innate martial prowess. I am a long time student of kenjutsu, and in a fight everything for me seems to go into slow motion ( and no I do not believe I am actually slowing down time, it just appears that way) I can see everything, which is a bonus when fighting with a sword
I can get lost in kata or mediation for hours if motivated, amongst other things that people find "super natural" but I see as "training that has paid off"

That's pretty awesome!, being able to see things in slo-mo. Your technique can be perfected must easier that way.
Interesting dream BTW

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I believed there was a man from the future who came to visit me- warning me that one day he'll get me.

I'm still waiting. Every day I wonder when this 'man' is going to show up.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

It has its upsides, that is for sure, but doesn't really come into play in refining technique only implementation of it. Having said that, you can see forever but if you fail to act appropriately, it is useless.

Also it wasn't a dream, it was something my mother and grandmother told me when I was 14 and having other nightmares, they somehow saw some connection there that I have never seen, mostly because I do not follow organized religion, but my own spiritual path.

But thanks ^_^

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A few days ago I made a thread about some of my childhood expierences. However, it was not well recieved, perhaps it was too long winded... Anyway, if anyone cares to waste a few minutes, the link to it is below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and I enjoy reading all of your expierences, some are quite chilling!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itachimaru
I am a long time student of kenjutsu, and in a fight everything for me seems to go into slow motion ( and no I do not believe I am actually slowing down time, it just appears that way) I can see everything, which is a bonus when fighting with a sword

Actually that is pretty normal in the event of a fight... Time seeming to slow down for you... It happens when you get a rush of adrenaline... Part of the whole fight or flight response I think... I can't remember exactly... I think... it is supposed to be your brain just slowing down ( sort of) in an attempt to give it self more time to decide what to do... Fight or run...

This should tell you all about time perception and the brain and adrenaline etc... Hope this helps a bit.

neuro.bcm.edu...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I recently bought one of those "projector" alarm clocks, and almost every time I wake up, with a haze in my eyes, the projector is beaming all these lattice-like shapes on the wall, however when I fully wake up it just shows the time. Perhaps also all our modern technology contains hyperdimensional componentry. Then again, some of it might be protecting us, like there is an interdimensional war that seems like a game to us because at the moment our physical wellbeing is not being directly threatened.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
here is one of my other strange experience i had as a child. I think this was in the same year when i saw the ufo at 11 years old.

I had missing time with my class on a feild trip after i decided to test if the movies where correct..I went up to the horse fence and shocked myself,did it again just for the heck of it and thought it was so weak and the movies where all lies...anyways the teacher told me to stop it and come along while giving me a look of deep concern.I dont blame him. As I do have my moments.

So we are walking this trail in the forest.There is only one trail beside the left trail to this small area where the pond is! The right side of the path is all fenced up while the left
side has big cliffs with trees at the top.I remember them saying this was a biking path.Anyways as we make are way forward.I notice the path is very straightforward and i could see it go on and on.Thats when i noticed to the left of me a path! that leads to a pond/swamp area surrounded by trees..the plants above the water looked like grass..

The teacher is behind me waiting for me to come to him with the others with him.I tell him okay i just want a other look.As i glance back at the pond/swamp,But then i blink and say i want to walk across the grass though i knew it was water,I walked into the pond and snaped out of it.Then i glanced back only to notice 3 boys and 1 girl there besides me.where the teacher moments ago was standing waiting for me.

I ask them where the teacher was.

They said he went away...??? um he could not have went away in under 1 minute with that many kids with him..so i went towards them and looked at the straight path.I asked them again how he went away that quick? because from the straight path i'm seeing it would take longer then one minute to just vanish out of site.They shruged not thinking it was strange..

The boys started to argue who would lead.tipical..I remember one jumping on the tree stomp and saying "come with me if you want to live" in a deep voice like arnold schwarzenegger. The rest laughed as we started to make are way toward the straight path and follow it.I made sure to look right and left as we continued to walk.Looking for the path are teacher took.Around 24 minutes we make it to the end of the path,and i never did see a other path to take besides the one at the pond/swamp.

As soon as we enter the parking lot.A guy comes up to us saying are teacher is looking for us and told us we should never wonder off like that?? wonder off..for god sakes there only one path beside the small left path at the start area as i made sure to keep looking right and left while the other kids chatted on are way out of the path.I remeber the teacher was looking at me waiting for me to come to him before it all happend..His own fult for not waiting or whatever i thought..and wonder did he make them climb the 7 to 10 feet cliffs on the left side,as the right side was all fenced.

As the guy points for us to sit down at the area with grass and empty parkings.I make my way and sit down on the stone bumber as the other kids sit on the grass and stone bumpers aswell.
As we wait for are teacher.I noticed not even 10 minutes and are teacher with the rest of the class come threw the same path we did!

He marches right at us and asked the other kids if they where okay,They said yes.Then he comes to me and looks me in the eye as he bends down to my eye lv,and says never wonder off like that again! why is he singling me out? He is the one who decided not to wait in one minute for me and the others that where with me.

I say sorry?? Then I ask him how come we didn't see you on the same path.He mentions he took a other path and said he and the rest of the class saw a deer and started to rush his words.as he gets back up and tells me to stay close and mentions for the other kids to follow him to the school bus....while we get on the bus..I noticed my teacher is very quite.I remember in the bigining he was chatting alot with the other kids..

My mom told me later on in the years when i told her about this strange event.She mentions she got a call from the school saying we would be hours late,and my teacher was the one who later drove me back to my home to my mother.I dont remember him driving me home.After that my teacher quits his job.Though i kinda feel bad that it was probably my fault he lost his job,for loosing us..but then i think what if its not that reason at all....As i felt somthing was off when it happend.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I remember one time the electricity went off on our street. I remember wanting to watch a tv program so I needed to get the electricity back on. I grabbed my Childrens Living Bible and touched it to a light fixture in the kitchen. Right when it made contact all the lights came back on. It felt like one of those spiritual chills up your spine type thing.

Somehow I just knew it wasn't coincidence.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As a kid around the age of 4 to 9 i had many dreams with the same theme. In the dreams i could sense the presence of a being very clearly, and the emotions were extremely vivid. The visual detail in the dreams however were not that great.
At that age i was always frightened of being alone, and away from my parents. I had a lot of strange fears like during the middle of summer i would want to stay inside all day every day because i thought it was going to flood, so i would stare out the window non-stop waiting for it to happen so when it did i could warn my parents. I would also hear whispers. See strange things out of the corner of my eye like a pair of feet running past me. I'd feel an emotions presence that was not mine, so i would search for it and i would find a very large shadow hovering motionless in the middle of the day. There was a lot of little things like that in my childhood and around when all that was happening i started having these dreams. In the first dream my mom and i were walking to my school so she could talk with the teachers about me. Once we got there she told me to wait on the play structure while she talked with them. About 5 minutes goes by while I'm waiting, and out of no where this dense wave of dread, comes over me and instantly i know its coming from the sky. I look up and there's this giant dark block the size of a city with a bunch of little windows slowly coming down next to the school, and i know they came for me. i know that i can't run, or choose not to go. then the dream ends.
After that dream i had many other dreams that at first seemed like they wouldn't be related to the first dream at all, but then all of the sudden i would feel that same feeling i felt on the play ground and i knew they were coming. The more dreams they appeared in the more i tried to fight them. When i was a kid i didn't know if they were real or not, so my life started to be molded around the dreams. Every decision i had to make i would take a second and think "If i choose to do this, will they get mad and come get me?" even for the simplest things like how i should walk into another room, or how i should make my cereal in the morning, which cereal i should eat... It was bad, and it took many years of mental struggle to snap out of that. I look back now at those dreams that are still so vivid and wish i knew more.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
When I was 3yrs old I leapt of a stool and flew across the living room, my grandparents aunt, uncle and mum were there and clapped and cheered as I flew the length of the room

Even 30 something years later I remember this VERY clearly.

However.... What actually happened was that I stood on a stool, fell of and banged my head, the clapping and cheering was my family slapping my face and shouting my name to bring me back to my senses, I was in my mid 20's before I finally accepted that I probably didn't fly
Still its a better memory than a fall and a bumped head

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Let's see as a kid I would have nightmares all the time it was crazy, I was always freaked out. Plus it didn't help that I would see things. I can still remember sitting at my table and chair set and my bedroom door opened on it's own and I smelt the worst smell ever it sent chills down my spine. Then there was this man who would just appear and I told my mom at first she thought maybe imaginary friend but as time past and things I said she thought that someone might be getting into the apartment. As I got older she told me when she was pregnant she seen a bright light outside the bedroom window and she thought someone was coming to take me away, all she kept saying was please don't take my baby, finally she opened her eyes agin it was gone. On top of all this I seen a friend of mine I said hi and get to my block and they told me he was dead so I could not have seen him, but I did, he told me he was going, that was crazy. So weird and strange has been my life. I've seen that man now that I'm older in a dream and I've been seening him and lights surround him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join