It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the point of Ascension if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
World ends and we all die..
edit on 4-2-2011 by rabzdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

You first.....Whats the point of Ascension if the world ends and we all die?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is a question to those who see ascension comming..whats the points if the worlds going KO'?
edit on 4-2-2011 by rabzdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I hate the one to bring you back down to reality but NOBODY is going to ascend anywhere. Bummer ain't it? I SO wanted to be picked up and tak en to another planet....perhaps where people are reasonable and intelligent enough not to destroy its only resources.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The World doesn't end. An Age ends. The age of ignorance and war.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Death is not the end. Its a transition from one state of being to another state of being.

The world is not going to "end". It too is in a state of transition.

The point of ascension is to identify yourself not with the body, which will perish eventually, but to get in touch with and identify with that part of you that will not perish. The part that is 'not purely physical'.

What Are We? New Experiments Suggest We're Not Purely Physical

edit on 4-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

The link is not to the discussion of an actual experiment, but to the ruminations of an author selling a book. It's an elaborate advertisement. One of the mistakes is the misrepresentation of the double slit experiment. I didn't look for more.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I guess ascension means different things to different people. I tend to look at it as loss of ego and putting others first, not being jealous, not worrying, not being easily offended, etc.

I don't really think we're all going to die. I could be wrong about that because I don't think anybody really knows exactly what's going to happen but even if we do die, I'm one of those people who subscribe to the idea that dying is actually "waking up."

I don't claim to know that I'm right because I still question many many things, and I could be way off, but I hope I'm right.

Anyway, I think the best thing we can do is to just try not to fear whatever is coming. I know that's a whole lot easier said than done, but fear causes so many other problems and we don't need anymore of those in the world, right now. I just try to take stuff as it comes and hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You go to higher density... T/hey stay for the rullership of the dragon.. Which is better stay in 3d form under rullership of the most Darkest Natas? Or excel in your conscious advancment towards heaven(eternia) and know it?
edit on 2/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The world wont end, the ascension is a process everyone must take at somepoint. Death is not something that is the end of something, its the continuation of yourself, just not physically.

The Earth is in a transition, it is ascending to a higher frequency and those that arent at that frequency or on their way to it, will 'die'. Those that are at the high enough frequency will continue on in the new frequency of Earth and develop further without the War, Death, Disease, Greed etc of this world. Those that arent vibrating at the right frequency will be reborn, if they so choose, into the frequency that they choose provided it isnt higher than what they are i.e you can go down but not up!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Is the world ending, or new beginning blossoming?

Some may subscribe to the grave planetary events unfolding, such as Earthquakes, weather changing, solar storms, etc.

But despite it all, did the world end? No doubt heart rending as it is to read or even have someone being affected by such events, lives still continued on despite the harshest events. It taught us resiliance and the need for a society to come together inorder to overcome such challenges, and many of our fellow brothers and sisters rised to the occasion. We survived. The worst may be yet to come, but with such principles in us, we need not fear, but take comfort in knowing that we each will never be alone to face what is to come

Hunger looms as much of our crops are affected. But if we continue with such resiliance and pulling together with sharing of resources, we humanity will not starve, with whats still avaliable and to be harvested soon.

For others who found comfort and solace in religions, they would have known where to seek for such compassion and help. In the book of Genesis, we read the historical record of Abraham whom was told in advance of our Creator's plan to wipe out the cities of Sodam and Gomorrah for their barbaric ways and crimes to humanity.

Instead of simply accepting His words, he argued and pleaded to save the cities instead, with pleas that if he could find 50, then lowering the numbers finally down to 10 good men, He would stay His hand, and was agreed upon by our merciful Creator.

Unfortunately, even 10 good men could not be found in those barbaric places, and were wiped out.

Today, as we look around us in our world, there is ugliness, bad but good as well. Do we deserve a 2nd chance and that the end will not come for us all, the way some are alluding to as 'end of times?'

I cannot be the judge of that, for I am equally flawed just as anyone else, but I do know our Creator is merciful. If we can root out those who had misused and hid behind religions and politics to mislead mankind, hurting and harming, and make them change their ways, perhaps all can be saved through redemption and salvation, the way Abraham had hoped and pleaded for the citizens of Sodom of Gomorrah, evolved and fulfill our destiny to the stars.....
edit on 4-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I always had questions on the rapture, and the details of ascending - especially when I once joined a church (sect) who believed this.
I'm very scared of heights, and this worried me very much about ascension "into the clouds".
Is it best to start some medication now in anticipation of the event?
Would shooting up to heaven carry the same risks as divers getting the bends?

Will we go up naked?
In many TBN movies on the "rapture", people's accessories and vehicles are left behind, but their clothes are gone. Please tell me I won't see the TBN cast in the nude.
Maybe we will be beamed up, like Star Trek, and arrive in new garments in the clouds (and maybe even sexier bodies). Perhaps we'll all look like the hunky pics in children's Bibles (at least in my youth all the men were depicted as slim, bearded and muscled).
But from what I hear it is like being taken up in the sky physically.
That is just awful - a nightmare worse than hell.
I'd rather stay behind.

Well, according to my more regular Christian upbringing we were rather taught that Jesus will descend on a cloud (rather hilariously, just like He left).
What's the point of Him descending if everybody who supposedly follows Him is ascending?
Maybe they could meet each other half way?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I have a more profound thought than that, and I was thinking of making a discussion thread for it.

Here goes:
Suppose the purpose of this physical existence is to learn valuable spiritual lessons. We return over and over and we get challenged in more and more ways until we learn some universal truths. The faster we learn the lessons, the quicker we rise up the scale of spirituality until we are eventually "enlightened" or "god-like" or whatever you want to call it.

If that is the case, should we attempt to be the best people possible at all times and speed up our ascension? Is that really a reward or do we miss out on some hard lessons that way? Would we regret having ascended so quickly and wish we had taken more time to experience physical life in all of its raunchiness?

What if we go too slow? Is it possible that we miss out on the opportunity for ascension altogether? Perhaps "hell" would consist of being stuck on earth, or ceasing to exist whatsoever?

I have been pondering this for myself. I know military guys that wished they had started as enlisted men instead of OCS. I know personally I have gone into positions of leadership and wished I had the opportunity to have experienced starting at the bottom. Is it possible our spirituality is similar.

Should we embrace all the grittiness and carnal pain and pleasure in life and stop trying to soften it up and hurry past it?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I always had questions on the rapture, and the details of ascending - especially when I once joined a church (sect) who believed this.
I'm very scared of heights, and this worried me very much about ascension "into the clouds".
Is it best to start some medication now in anticipation of the event?
Would shooting up to heaven carry the same risks as divers getting the bends?

Will we go up naked?
In many TBN movies on the "rapture", people's accessories and vehicles are left behind, but their clothes are gone. Please tell me I won't see the TBN cast in the nude.
Maybe we will be beamed up, like Star Trek, and arrive in new garments in the clouds (and maybe even sexier bodies). Perhaps we'll all look like the hunky pics in children's Bibles (at least in my youth all the men were depicted as slim, bearded and muscled).
But from what I hear it is like being taken up in the sky physically.
That is just awful - a nightmare worse than hell.
I'd rather stay behind.

Well, according to my more regular Christian upbringing we were rather taught that Jesus will descend on a cloud (rather hilariously, just like He left).
What's the point of Him descending if everybody who supposedly follows Him is ascending?
Maybe they could meet each other half way?

These are your fears... in your face in your words above.. face them all and you'll get through it just fine.. that's all you ever needed to do and all 'they' have been programming you to avoid through perpetuating your fears .. they know what you're afraid of and all tv , movies.. games LIFE Is programmed to highlight and encourage your (above) fears .. Don't let them ! once you face them , as you go through them with calm dignity and faith that you will get through it .. you WIN ! Peace and Love to you ~

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

If that is the case, should we attempt to be the best people possible at all times and speed up our ascension?

I would say, we should attempt to relax, and trust that part of ourself that is already ascended and which is guiding us along the path at a pace we can handle. Some call that part our higher self, or the atman, or a guardian angel, or the anima/animus. A rose by any other name...

edit on 4-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned this yet?

If a physical being vibrates to a higher frequency and thus separates themselves from the physical part of themselves forever, then in fact they have "passed on".

Don't you get it, it is so obvious; there is a question being asked of all of us, do we wish to "ascend" or do we wish to remain here. One, of course, means you keep your physical body and survive to clean up the mess when all the "ascending" take off. The job is going to be horrific but with the right mindset one can begin to grow and nurture the Mother Earth again.

Then I imagine there is the thing about Earth Ascending as well, in that case any one that does not ascend will descend because it is really bad to be here physically! I personally am focused on staying here for another 40 years to clean up this mess! Then I can "ascend".

Never underestimate a Harvest, any kind of Harvest is going to entail Consumption, I kid you not!

Happy Times are sure to follow!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
OP, I don't understand your question. Why would you mix two entirely different theories together and ask a question about their correlation? The theory about the end of the world is fear-mongering, and has been spread by MSM. The theory about ascension is the original one. They don't hang out together...

If we die, we are still able to ascend. Death isn't the end, but the end of a cycle. You have lived many lives here on Earth, and this one might be your last. If you die, and were due to ascend, you're still going to ascend anyways.

So what's the point of ascending if we all die? Well, I can't answer it because the question it doesn't make any sense, but I guess it only means that maybe you didn't get the concept of ascension right...

But hey, no one knows what it really is and how it's gonna happen!

top topics

join