It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former MUFON Director reveals that a "sponsor" put up money for Robert Bigelows NIDS/BAASS Skinwal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
In the words of James Carrion former director of MUFON

"Mr. Bigelow did not fund MUFON’s work for BAASS, instead “sponsors” that Bigelow revealed to John Schuessler but not to the other MUFON Board Members put up the money."

"When I uncovered some very damaging information about the Skinwalker Ranch (also owned by Mr. Bigelow) and provided that information to the MUFON Board along with my doubts about the true agenda of the BAASS-MUFON relationship, the MUFON Board unethically bypassed me and communicated in secret with BAASS in an attempt to continue the project. When I found out about this unethical behavior, initiated by my former friend and current International Director Clifford Clift and MUFON Board member Jan Harzan (probably the next International Director after Cliff retires), I resigned immediately from the MUFON Board and the International Director position."

please click the link to read the full story

LINK TO FULL STORY

the assumption and rumors i've been told for quite a while now is that the Department of Defense has been this 3rd party benefactor who has been paying the bills for the paranormal forays, project Blue Book is very much alive, but has now been privatized...as Bigelows BAASS team (aka the retired NIDS)
edit on 4-2-2011 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The problem with this whole gig is the simple fact if Department of Defense was really monitering UFOS it wouldnt be on the internet!!! Wont be on google easily available to search!!!

Just my opinion the truth is out there

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
You put your finger in a real bloody wound!

Then it is all confirmed directly by the Former Mufon Director!

Please read these threads about this sinister Affair! Mufon/Bigelow Aerospace/Baas/Military Intelligence...

Bigelow Aerospace is a "Shadow Society" of a Military Branch involved into the Alien/Extraterrestrial Issue!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&F.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yes, the truth is out there, the DOD is not directly involved but by medium
of Bigelow and MUFON. I always use the next source to clear for me the
old and the present links:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by realitydiscovered

that is correct they are not directly involved, they are the financial benefactor to Bigelow to continue the project and reap the data. In my book that makes them the true owners of this paranormal fiasco Bigelow has setup. They also control MUFON like a puppet.

there are also was three goverment officials from the DOD that came to the ranch 2 years ago and left RUNNING back to their vehicles from something they witnessed at the ranch. I remember one was CIA, another was a 3 star general (of what i dont know)

sorry i absolutely cannot backup that claim with hard evidence, but it is true
edit on 4-2-2011 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the two big quotes made by MUFON regarding Bigelow Aerospace (BAASS) relationship are

"...He hired Mufon to try and capture a UFO on the ground so he can back engineering it to transport people in space...This is the truth and no exaggeration! We work for him and have no idea how much he knows or what information he may be hiding!" Denise M. Stoner, Chief Investigator Florida - Mufon State Section Director

"Mr. Bigelow did not fund MUFON’s work for BAASS, instead “sponsors” that Bigelow revealed to John Schuessler but not to the other MUFON Board Members put up the money." James Carrion Former Director of MUFON 2011

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

It was around Michael Lee Hill, the Lake Erie UFOs and the Skinwalkerranch phenomena
that I learned much more about Bigelow and his connection with MUFON, because I had
some similar experiences. Bigelow tried to scare the ufologists at some time the last year
with his statements "People were killed..." and so to leave the perimeter of the investigations
only for him himself and maybe for the intelligence services as it now can be seen. I still in
the beginning wrote somewhere that those entities don't like such way of proceeding and he
won't get to any sucses trying to contact them working with unclear intentions.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
any other thoughts? no one else finds an ongoing goverment sponsored private organization being paid to seach for aliens of interest? I have never understood why this never becomes bigger news in the ufo community...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
One must be deep into the subject to become aware in its significance,
you cannot expect of the mainstream ufology swimming onto the surface
and praying for a disclosure to be engaged in such petty things. I can
recommend you to translate somehow for you yourself pages 82-91
(Expedition in Novo-Cheboksarks) from the next book to see you how
there are already some results in the work upon the contact:

smorod.ru...

There is only a little exagerated that they are ETs, it is not still sure.
I'm sorry the book is in a djvu format and the text cannot be automatically
translated.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
any other thoughts? no one else finds an ongoing goverment sponsored private organization being paid to seach for aliens of interest?

Hi hiii_98,

There was an existing thread on this topic started by Frank Warren at : Former MUFON Director, James Carrion Fires Back at Critics and Reveals Reasons For His Resignation!.

Frank also indicated he found the lack of response to the contents of that article curious.

I think my response to Frank in the prior thread on this topic also applies to your comment about the lack of interest in the contents of the relevant article:

Why do you find it curious Frank?

Given the absence of any supporting evidence and specifics, why bother paying attention to any " 'conspiratorially implications' alluded in James' latest piece" ?

I read the item when you posted the link here on ATS (and had previously read every single one of the posts on James' blog plus most of his other material online - including listening to one or two interviews he did quite a while ago and the material on his new(ish) website).

I considered posting a list of obvious questions that arise, but did not think it would be productive to post them. Basically, if the relevant matters were important, wouldn't James have given fuller details or posted relevant evidence?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Don Ecker has posted an interesting account of the contract allegedly signed by the MUFON board. It's over on the Paracast forum, here.

I can't post all of the contract here. It makes interesting reading, here's a small part...

3.0 Warranty of Performance. Buyer agrees to Five Thousand US
Dollars ($5,000.00) per month to be spent from the Fifty Six Thousand US
Dollar ($56,000) monthly payment stipulated in paragraph 8 below for a
special Rewards Program. Seller intends to disburse Five Thousand US
Dollars ($5,000.00) per month according to the following formula in order to
fund a Rewards program that encourages and enhances the quantity and quality
of the information Product. Buyer agrees to accept the following formula
for the disbursement of such funds. Seller warrants that it shall follow
this disbursement formula throughout the term of this Agreement. Seller's
rewards disbursement formula is as follows:
a. One monthly prize for the dispatcher
accumulating the most performance points as described by the MUFON SIP
Project Incentives schedule attached as Exhibit A. This prize will be
$500.00.
b. There will be monthly prizes for the
first place and second place State Coordinators as described by monthly
accumulation of performance points. First prize will be $750 and second
prize will be $500.
c. There will be monthly prizes for the
first, second and third place field investigators based on monthly
accumulation of performance points. First prize will be $1,500, second
prize will be $1,000 and third prize will be $750
Bob Bigelow bought MUFON?.

In the context of the posted details, such a clause appears divisive. The rest of the alleged contract is even more curious. As Lewis Carrol might remark, it's 'curiouser and curiouser' that anyone would be naive enough to sign it...

Don's interview on Dark Matters Radio is available as a 'right click save as' here. The DMR archives are here, for any members who haven't heard the show.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Don Ecker has posted an interesting account of the contract allegedly signed by the MUFON board. It's over on the Paracast forum, here.

Thanks Kandinsky. I'd received a post via the UFO Updates List a bit earlier and started a new thread about that contract here:

Obviously it is closely related to the in-fighting at MUFON being discussed on various threads here already...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
star & flag the skinwalker ranch is a favorite of mine
and many an ATS'r this does not surprise me.

IMO this site is to important not to belong or at least
have ties to some 3 letter agency.
The one place i really want to go see for myself.

So the jist is R Bigelow as good as "owns" mufon or at least
has a lot of influence. Then he in turn is tied to the DOD?
reading that bit in KANDINKY's post shows quite the money trail.
edit on 5/2/2011 by stealthyaroura because: cos i got carried away with skinwalking demons & portals to other dimensions & stuff.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

hey there Hill_98 you got any up to date info on the ranch?
it's a great topic, i know the site has supposed to have calmed
down there must be some info you can share?

Keep meaning to by the book "hunt for the skinwalker" can you recommend it?
have you had any more expeditions? (not that you would break in mind:lol

spill the beans hill, throw me a bone or two.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was clearly amazed Robert Bigelow and John Alexander in one cave
investigating the alien implants, not considering that they "aliens" are
everywhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The MUFON saga is interesting, yet falls short of compelling...in my opinion. It seems like the entire history of ufology and UFO groups features endemic conflict and rivalry. A recent blog by Keith Basterfield also highlights the same story in Australia. The UK scene is smaller than the US and has the same internecine activity.

Frustrating?

We can chase our tails about the motivations behind Bigelow and the MUFON directors or accept that this is the way of ufology. Maybe it's a reluctant acceptance with aspects of irritation? It's hard to be certain. Nevertheless, it seems futile trying to make clear sense of it all.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the laugh ... it's made my day more enjoyable. I'd have to agree if I had the money I'd be busy back engineering a flew flying space crafts myself.

Come on I'm not a Mufon member and never will be, WHY? Cause of the infiltrations of x intel personnel.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The thing in us said: 0 to 0.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
It seems like the entire history of ufology and UFO groups features endemic conflict and rivalry.

Indeed, e.g. :
(1) internal disputes at NICAP (contactee supporters versus those that thought NICAP should refuse to get involved in contactee - or occupant cases)

(2) NICAP v APRO (e.g. should a UFO group focus on scientific research or lobbying the goverment to do research / disclose information / acknowledge the existence of ET visitors)

(3) MUFON being born when Walt Andrus, a former member of APRO, had broken away to start up his own organisation - resulting in the Lorenzen's hating MUFON.

(4) Goodness knows how many less significant disputes... I was recently reading a UFO group's journal from the 1960s (BUFORA's journal, from memory) and it includes pleas for unity and attempts to overcome internal divisions.

These days, of course, we have the wars between competing UFO discussion forums...

I don't think there is any need to resort to theories about government agent infiltrating UFO groups to being about division (as has been alleged in relation to NICAP and hinted at, if not outright alleged, in relation to the current problems at MUFON) - good old fashioned big egos, greed and honest differences in approach clearly account for a huge number of the disputes in the history of ufology.

The tendency to ascribe differences in opinion or values to some sinister government plot is. in my opinion, pretty laughable - hence my parody of this tendency in the article I wrote quite a while ago at:
Top 100 Real "Men in Black"

(This may explain in a bit more detail my initial post in this thread and in response to Frank Warren's question about why people weren't more excited by the matters implied by James Carrion).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I don't think there is any need to resort to theories about government agent infiltrating UFO groups to being about division (as has been alleged in relation to NICAP and hinted at, if not outright alleged, in relation to the current problems at MUFON) - good old fashioned big egos, greed and honest differences in approach clearly account for a huge number of the disputes in the history of ufology.

There's no doubt that 'infiltration' has occurred over the years. Whether it's been as destructive as people allege is dubious. I agree with you that human nature is the biggest factor in the meltdown of UFO groups.

The unavoidable hindrance, as I see it, is a lack of consensus in any area. As a loose example, Anne Druffel and Jerome Clark have diametrically opposing perspectives about the fall of NICAP. One says sabotage and CIA, the other says says bad book-keeping and poor management. Both are emphatic.

top topics

join