It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 300 reported dead in Egypt protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The U.N. human rights chief said on Tuesday she had unconfirmed reports that up to 300 people may have been killed and over 3,000 injured in the unrest that has engulfed Egypt for the past week. The U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, was appalled by reported death toll and injury count, saying, "I urge the Egyptian authorities to Comments ensure police and other security forces scrupulously avoid excessive use of force."
edit on 3-2-2011 by devildogUSMC because: too much to list

edit on 3-2-2011 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There could not be more of a dicrepency in the death toll from this article and what msm is reporting ( the msm that it at eight). I know this came from infowars; don't discount it based on that. Their source seems more credible than they are themselves. I am not a fan but sometimes AJ and HIS TEAM get it right. Check it out. I think the MSM is drastically minimizing the casualties that they are reporting. I think we are about to see somethng huge today.

READ LINK
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I really hope AJ is wrong on this one. Faux news said just this morning that like 10 people had died and only 800 or so injured. I thought that seemed low though...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
MSM minimizes casualties in the Afghani and Iraqi wars...it's logical they will
follow suit in this uprising as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Not very surprising after seeing video footage of ambulances plowing into people...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why is there a smiley face in the title of this thread? yay dead Egyptians?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Once Egypt fulfills prophecy and again attacks Israel the casualties will be much higher. In fact when their beloved caliph (aka antichrist) invades and crushes Egypt as prophesied in Isaiah, Egypt will suffer tremendously. This is starting to fulfill that prophecy. Watch and observe how Biblical prophecy will come true right before your very eyes.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

That was a complete accident was well was my many other edits on this one. I'm sleepy give me a break. I changed the link don't go to the AJ site; please go to the new one that I posted. I'm not an AJ fan but sometimes he can point you in the right direction to start your own research on a particular subject. I still try not to source infowars to avoid ridicule and discountenence. The MSM is trying to report about 500% less deaths. WHY?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Are you sure they were ambulances?? I had heard that police/military vehicles were doing that-can you provide a video link or sources to show ambulances doing that?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Someone just made a thread showing 2 videos, One looked like a military vehicle, other was said to be an ambulance. Should be fairly simple to find, I just watched it on the recent post page.

Other Thread
edit on 3-2-2011 by anthbes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Yeah I watched the video and I didn't notice any strobes. But I don't know how things are over there.
It's getting crazier by the day....

edit on 3-2-2011 by inthemass because: Spelling error

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Anybody got any live video coming from Tahir? Would really appreciate a link.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
300 dead and thousands wounded is much more serious than the MSM is making this out to be. They have effectively supressed media coverage and we do not know what's happening. I would think our advanced sattelites would give us some imagery if they wanted us to see. Why would out government be complicit with keeping us in the dark when they could shed some light? Have they not truly decided who they are a backing as of yet? Maybe waiting to see the situation unfold further before they tell out who was right and who was wrong. Never official statement that been very vauge.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The news blackout does not bode well for the protesters. Today is supposed to be a huge turnout.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
From Twitter moments ago...

80 cars of POLICE HAVE entered #tahrir and are killing and arresting protesters. HELP EGYPTIANS. PLS RT #jan25 #Egypt

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

They may be all out massacring these people as we discuss this and they are definately killing some people right now. How could we know before the MSM? We couldn't. They are also keeping the truth from us right along with mubarak. With the vast resources and connections that the MSM has, they should be putting this out before I find out on my galaxy tablet.
edit on 4-2-2011 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
What can we do to help? I feel terrible. These people are out there standing up for what they want and against injustice. I wish I had the courage of these people. I wish my fellow countrymen cared about our nations future and the injustice perpetrated against our citezenry enough to at least get together and really let them know that they work for us and we demand they only do anything in an official capacity that benefits the lives of the citizens. I'm willing to bet the American government cares less about the will of its citzenry than egypts.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
We need some live feeds or streams anyone that can find one please post it the world needs to know what happens to these protestors...pro mubarak have taken out foreign journalists and not allowed journalists to report anything. Something bad is probably about to happen

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

It is happening right now. We won't get to see anything and they will make up whatever stories they want us to believe so that we accept whatever they say to be the right way to have responded.IMO. Hopefully they let the people win. Hopefully the military does what it is supposed to do and defend their citizens instead of the opposite and kill them.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
Why is there a smiley face in the title of this thread? yay dead Egyptians?

well maybe the victims would make sweet mummies?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join