It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you visit ATS more than 5 times a day - ATS Psychological Meltdown.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
rant

This is not a post on behalf of bashing ATS by any means but I must share my thoughts to those of you who may be slipping... as I myself seem to be as well.
I will speak of ATS in the context of a drug, something psychoactive.
My first experience of ATS was back long ago, not too long, but back before any of the podcasts etc. Back when this whole site was just being loaded up with 9/11 conspiracies about this and that. I originally came across the site through a search engine while looking up parapsychology and pseudoscience. Mystical stuff such as telekinesis and the stretches of physical possibility.
Over time I read the news feeds and followed up on all the news and speculations and all the fear mongering and worry. Wow what a schizophrenic place! It has rubbed off on me quite a bit and I fear that too many of ATS's members are afflicted by the same disease. Today, I found myself on youtube looking up recently added UFO videos for the 3rd day in a row. HOW PITIFUL!
I realize that everyone has their own levels of tolerance and sanity but please, for the sake of your health and your mental / emotional well-being, analyze your actions and habits.
Are you moving in the direction you want? Do you have a Direction? Does it honestly involve CONSPIRACIES?
Truthfully, I have come to the conclusion that NOTHING on this site comes out to be of any significance UNLESS it hits the MSM.
So - Why waste my afternoon hours refreshing the latest topics scanning for new UFO videos and PROPHESIES OF EARTHQUAKES?
If a ufo is spotted and filmed in Jerusalem - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE! IT'S NOT HOVERING OVER MY HOUSE!
If a post says "New Madrid Fault - Unleashing wrath in 3 hours!" honestly... - What difference does it make?
This place has driven my daily habits to the realm of disgust and I am ASHAMED to have stooped so low.

I had to come to this conclusion in order to save myself from the perpetuating ritual of checking ATS on my spare time.

I used to get pissed at my mother for freaking about murders and robberies she'd hear about on the news. NOW I'M 3 TIMES WORSE THAN HER and ADDICTED!

I'm done acting like I care about the rest of the world, until I'm ready to stand up and do something about the things I read, It's probably best I don't read them. - Save me the emotional ties.

Please take a look at yourself as well, please don't get caught up in the psychological meltdown.

A.
/endrant

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, your thread caught me hitting the refresh button

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

Hello, my name is Wayne and I am an ATSoholic....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
lmao!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Analyzing
rant

So - Why waste my afternoon hours refreshing the latest topics scanning for new UFO videos and PROPHESIES OF EARTHQUAKES?

You make a good point. But some of us are just bored...and reading prediction threads or bible prophecy is fun ...I guess I could go do something productive...but what's the point if the worlds gonna end in 2012?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Truthfully, I have come to the conclusion that NOTHING on this site comes out to be of any significance UNLESS it hits the MSM.

Uhhh...why do I waste time on here if nothing makes a difference? Because it's interesting, it's as simple as that. If you want to remain oblivious to what really goes on in the world, just stick to mainstream "news". But if you seriously want to know a little bit more about the world you can visit websites like this. Not everyone here is on a mission to change the world and destroy "TPTB". The information and discussions is enough on it's own, we're all here to learn from each other and expand our minds beyond the average person. And I think that's good, if you want to think it's crazy just leave and please don't make threads insulting our intelligence and sanity.

edit on 3-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by M40T4

Yeah, Guilty...
I've taken to disposing of my password occasionally, resetting it by hitting" lost password" then deleting the incoming email
how pathetic is that?
but a couple of days later its:
" I wonder if the Aliens landed yet"?

(*where's that recycle bin folder ?)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Truthfully, I have come to the conclusion that NOTHING on this site comes out to be of any significance UNLESS it hits the MSM. So - Why waste my afternoon hours refreshing the latest topics scanning for new...

You're right, nothing culture changing is going to happen unless it hits MSM, but ATS is great for meme mining in balance with MSM as a predictive. Where memes go, reality tends to follow. I admit to checking the firehose multiple times a day but tend to limit my actual activity to once or twice a day. Know what you mean though, it all can get to be a bit much after a while.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

the sad thing is you're right today i saw alot of planes more than normal n i caught myself pointing them out to people and everyone thought i was crazy because they were just planes i felt so weird lol

new topics

top topics

join