It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments Banning Incandescent bulbs With No Public Voice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I feel for you but there is no way of knowing how you got cancer. Radiation from the actual sun when you go outside is roughly 9 times as much as a housefull of bulbs. They are also not the same gasses as the old bulbs.
The carbon and benzine from the power plant is far worse. It's a stupid system we have and if we allowed the free energy that is already available provided by the cosmos and the earth we could use different bulbs. Prob LED. I personally like led but they take a transformer to go back to dc.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have been desperately looking for non-brain-washing light bulbs since I arrived in Canada a month ago. They are no where to be found.
These are horrible light bulbs - many complain about headaches. It is a frequency that prevents enlightenment and awakening. This goes along the same path as digital TV replacing analog because as David Icke indicates it provides more frequency range for brain control. As an Honor Physics graduate and newly found Spiritualism I totally agree.

The only path out of this world control is through frequency control. These light bulbs are an attack at our very awakening medium - through frequency. I personally believe that the chemtrails with their metal content are to reflect back the sun rays that are the catalyst to energizing us to a new level of understanding of the universe.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by true-life

First of all I call bs on your physics backround. Or you would understand how these bulbs work. Secondly Tesla himself invented fluorescent bulbs. Thirdly you have no idea what you are talking about with frequencies which again alludes to the lack of physics backround. Brainwashing through digital airwaves? Radio waves brainwash just as easily just like HAARP.

I have gone to several meditation retreats for both vipasana and thervada budhism. Strangely the bulbs were all cfl. Why? Because they don't give off the same irritating vibration as the old fluorescent tubes and they care about the environment. Compassion for fellow beings is a huge energetic vibrational increase in your soul. Your old bulbs require you to pollute many times over killing microbial,'aquatic, insect, and plant life through pollution consciousness is key to evolution you can't be conscious being needlessly paranoid. The dalai lama himself has cfl bulbs or at least his temple in darmasala.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I replaced my incandescent for florescent though out my house about 3 years ago, after 2 years they all started going out. I have now replaced all of the original florescent with new florescent. If they go out again after 2 years, I am going back to incandescents. I did not noticed a difference in my power bill when I changed to florescent, lighting is just not that big of a chunk of my power bill. At this stage florescent do not seem to be worth the additional cost, and hassles of disposal.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by diatribe

Bs. Why don't giant offices use incandecents? Cost.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is a crock of sh(*t.
The real culprits of electricity are things like air conditioning, Hot water tanks and stoves, fridges,electric motors, and ELECTRIC HEAT!
The lights are not that inefficient comparatively.
We could easily conserve far more power by washing clothes in COLD water.....
The "science" behind the mercury bulbs is obviously flawed.
There invention by Tessla is no great feat.
The pollution from throwing away an incadesant is zilch.
The flourescents contain mercury(how many times do you have to be told?)
Its a no brainer that there is kickbacks for politicos in this phoney green law.
get the goverment out of the micro management business of our lives.
This is just another Govt/Corporate rip off!
With benefits for only the stockholders and the bribed politicos.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There is also the LED choice. Those apparently last 20-30 years. With none of the emission/disposal issues.

LED = 30,000 hours ($20-$60 and falling) CFL = 8,000 hours ($5-$8) INC = 750 hours ($1-$2)

Steps have been being taken for years to make all appliances (your "real" culprits) more energy efficient. In addition, in many areas,, you can run them off peak to save even more money.

And again, regarding the CFLs (an option, mind you...not forced), yes you have to dispose of them properly. But we have to dispose of a lot of other things properly too...such as batteries (car, cell, and so on), motor oil, and paint. We need "laws" because people are lazy and abuse landfills.
edit on 2/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here's a video we should all watch..

edit on 4-2-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have been trying to tell people about his for years. Most people I tell give me the same old lines that nI am sick of hearing. "That will never happen", "They will never do that" and so on. Here is a thread about they that I started a while back you should read

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I guess you got the really strong bulbs then. The problem is when they break, and they do, you need to put on a full hazmat suit to clean it up. Mercury is nothing to be careless about and is very toxic, I'll stick with the old bulbs until I can't get them anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I think it's no use. I completely agree with you. The people allowed here are using their knee jerk reaction to government intervention. I understand it though the government is out of control.

The mercury in cfl bulbs is about 5 ml. Less than most electronics people love.

Cfl use 2/3 less energy.

Again cfl can also be used wirelessly as tesla indicated as did MIT recently.

Lights use a lot of power. You all really need to get your facts strait. Watts are units of work. For instance try hooking up an alternative power source to a 100 watt light. Then a cfl then an led.

We are also talking about the span over millions of households.

I don't think it should be forced hmmm maybe but a large incentive should be given.

This could all be avoided if we got to the real problem which is how energy is produced.

However if you have ever lived using alternative electricity as I with solar. You realize everything must be efficient. And lights use a lot of power. Incandecents drain batteries in no time. Led is the way to go but uses dc power so an inverter is necessary. So as a stepping stone cfl is fine.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

There is less than a ballpoint pen tip of mercury in a cfl bulb. Less than your cellphone. You don't need a hasmat suit for them. Infect your cellphone is probably the most dangerous thing in your range other than your computer.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No. You don't need a full hazmat suit. You just have to take precautions as to not breathe it in or ingest it. Same as with a lot of other chemicals commonly found around the home. Ever broken a mercury thermometer? I have...plenty. And I didn't even take any precautions at all (we weren't as aware back then) and lived to be here annoying you today
Those thermometers are still out there too, but they are being phased out.

Nope. Just what was on the self. There were about three brands to choose from, but all were the same thickness. They're very sturdy, especially when compared to incandescents.

edit on 2/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Movescamp

Hey fill your boots and use all the cfl's you want, I for one have no intention of putting them in my house or around my kids. Everyone who has no problem with the "low" levels of mercury use them til your heart's content. I for one will not believe they're safe, and have no intention of using them. I think the reason for the thread is that we may not have the choice. There have also been lots of other things that we were told were safe too.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Movescamp

Believe me, I totally get the government intervention angle. I just think we have to prioritize and pick our battles and not go freaking out over things we can work on when the really critical issues and problems facing us are addressed and solved. Everyone has their hot buttons, but if we run around trying to fight every battle at once, we're going to lose all of them.

The intent of this bill is good. There are problems with the product, but there are choices. And even incandescent bulbs are still out there for a few years. In the meantime newer technology is evolving. Are the CFLs shooting mind-control rays at my head? Maybe. Maybe that's why I'm typing so much here because they're telling me to

We're slow as hell getting our energy consumption down to buy us even a few more years until we can perfect alternative sources like solar, water, geothermal, and wind. If we don't get our asses in gear, we all will be using candles and then we'll all probably be on here using peddle power to type about the dangers of wicks or burning fat or something.

And again, the sentiments expressed here about a trivial issue like proper disposal sort of alarms me to the fact that maybe people can't be bothered or are to lazy dispose properly of the many earth-dangerous things already forbidden in landfills. That kind of irresponsible and lazy thinking and activity is exactly what brings these laws upon us.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"Incandescent bulbs should be used inside in the winter, and if they can't find anything non-toxic, we would need to continue their use in Summer. Considering Summer has more daylight, it just makes sense that Incandescent bulbs are the best product. They are cheaper to manufacture, they last longer, and they provide heat, thereby reducing other energy usage for warming the house."

That's just ridiculous.... I have CFLs in every socket in my house... I can't even remember the last time I changed one. I recently got a new lamp, didn't have extra CFLs laying around, and threw some incans in there. Can't tell you exactly how long they lasted, but I remember wonder what the hell was going on with the light not working, as I had almost entirely forgot that I once had to change bulbs so frequently. I did the switch all at once, and checked the meter right before, and right after the install of CFLs. Made a big difference on my energy use.

Incans produce heat? Yeah? that's called wasted energy. My heating bills have not gone up since using CFLs, on the other hand my electricity bills have gone down. And whoever is heating their house with incans, isn't this massive amount of heat that's capable of heating your house in the winter also raising your cooling costs in the summer?

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

Originally posted by Sovaka
I see a few simple solutions...

A) Continue to use Incandescent.
B) Use LED based lighting.
C) Use candle light.

A+

the thing that makes the most mad about this, is the fact that the new bulbs the government expects everyone to buy are something like $45! can you imagine switching every bulb in your house, and spending $45 on each one?! it's an absolute JOKE to the lower and middle class..what do they freaking expect? One light bulb is enough money to put a meal on the table for days..

What? Who the heck is selling CFLs for $45? Where do you people get your info from?

Originally posted by WTFover

Originally posted by gardCanada
Then, there is also the landfill site which now will start filling with more contamination.

Not to mention all the revenue from fines, which will imposed on those who just toss them in the landfills.

Honestly now... how are they going to catch people who toss CFLs in the trash?

Originally posted by Flighty

I really can't help but think it's all part of the culling of the herd.
Maybe a tad dramatic, but it's absolute insanity to think every person is going to dispose of these lights according the instructions on the box.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

Oh my god... I really did step into some sort of crazy world opening this thread....

I never thought the day would come where I would feel more hardcore than chuck norris simply because i have no ill side effects from a light bulb. Jeez. Fluorescent lighting has been around for a long time... nothing new here people.

Originally posted by true-life
I have been desperately looking for non-brain-washing light bulbs since I arrived in Canada a month ago. They are no where to be found.
These are horrible light bulbs - many complain about headaches. It is a frequency that prevents enlightenment and awakening. This goes along the same path as digital TV replacing analog because as David Icke indicates it provides more frequency range for brain control. As an Honor Physics graduate and newly found Spiritualism I totally agree.

The only path out of this world control is through frequency control. These light bulbs are an attack at our very awakening medium - through frequency. I personally believe that the chemtrails with their metal content are to reflect back the sun rays that are the catalyst to energizing us to a new level of understanding of the universe.

Are you people being serious? I really hope this is an incredibly well done satire on other threads.... if not.. I just don't know what to say. Sorry?

Originally posted by willie9696

I guess you got the really strong bulbs then. The problem is when they break, and they do, you need to put on a full hazmat suit to clean it up. Mercury is nothing to be careless about and is very toxic, I'll stick with the old bulbs until I can't get them anymore.

Dramatic much? Yes, mercury is not good for you. No, cleaning up a broken CFL is not going to give you mercury poisoning. There are a lot of historical manufacturing processes where people were in direct contact with mercury. It takes a long time, at high levels to do anything.

The ONLY merit I see in any of this thread's ridiculousness is the fact that the government should not be controlling what light bulbs we use, that's just silly and a waste of time. But what's even more silly, and a bigger waste of time than that is all this absurd stuff people are posting in here.
edit on 4-2-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Do you let your kids use your cell phone. There is a lot of toxic chemicals in there. Plus the added bonus of radiation being held up to your brain.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movescamp

Do you let your kids use your cell phone. There is a lot of toxic chemicals in there. Plus the added bonus of radiation being held up to your brain.

There is no radiation that comes from cell phones! It is actually our earth mother and father attempting to communicate via cell-phone, but we aren't vibrating on the right frequency so we can't understand them, and we call it "radiation" (which actually doesn't exist, neither do atomic weapons or nuclear reactors, that's all just over-unity machines that have been stolen by TPTB and used for evil rather than good)

And the "toxic chemicals" as you so ignorantly put it are essential minerals our body needs to survive, but the NWO is trying to decrease the population so they try to limit these essential minerals from being in our phones.

Haha, you see even when I try my claims don't sound much more ridiculous than some in this thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movescamp

No actually none of my kids use the cell phone's to talk on, i prefer texting myself and thanks for asking. I guess the point of this thread is do whatever you want when it comes to lighting your home,business,garage etc., the problem may be will we have the choice? I for one like the choice of not using them if you feel they're safe then that's your choice. Oh and there probably aren't many chemicals in our water either eh?(yes Canadian lol). I just don't believe they're as safe as they say, and would like to continue having the choice. BTW I worked in hazardous material remediation so caution may be my middle name when it comes to stuff like this. Remember that asbestos was okay to be around years ago and I've known a few guys that have died of cancer directly related to asbestos.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Some people seem to believe there is radiation in cell phones? www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join