It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Schumer on the 3 branches of Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have seen this a few times now, and I am not sure if its in context or not. I have not been able to find the entire segment, just bits.

In the video Sen. Shumer talks about the 3 branches of Government.

* The President
* The House
* The Senate

I dont really care for him, but I have never seen him make a flub like this before. Is it possible he mispoke in trying to give his example, or has he been in the Senate for so long that he just forgot how our Government works.

Thoughts?

The clip below is the longest one I came across. The comment about the 3 branches is near the very end of it.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Schumer is one of my representatives. He is a schmuck and I have hated his guts since I saw Waco: Rules of Engagement. He helped cover up the illegal raid that killed women and children..you could play this quote back to him and he wouldnt even know what hesaid wrong

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Schumer is the most anti constitution (specifically second amendment) official on the hill.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why do we keep sending these people to Washington then?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why do we keep sending these people to Washington then?

Because we (the American people) are stupid too. Puppet on the right? Puppet on the left? Doesn't matter, the only way to make it different is if everybody voted for none of the above in protest of the farcical political system. Most people are too stupid, asleep, and blind to see that its all lies though.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What a MORON!

Whoever voted for this guy should be ashamed of themselves.
And we let douchebags like this take away our rights? What is wrong with us?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Wow i love it short and to the point. The problem with democracy is people don't bother to know who there voting for. The only way to change government is for people to taker interest in the government. Know what there doing on your behalf. Not just follow politics 2 weeks before the election and vote blindly for parties. Case in point even the government knows people vote for parties. In Georgia a bill was passed to exclude party affiliations on the ballot. Was deemed to be racist because the black people wouldn't be able to tell who the democrat was to vote for? Id say that sums are problem in a nut shell.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Reminds me of a line from a The Who song: "..meet the new boss..same as the old boss.."

Matt & Trey hit it on the head in the South Park episode where the children had to elect a new school mascot because the old one had been deemed non-PC.

When it came to voting the the children had to choose between two mascots: a Shiat Sandwich or a Doosh Nozzle.

And thats reality. We have to choose from Dumb or Dumber.

Simple truth: most people that want to lord & govern over others are the LAST people that should be allowed to do so. Too many of these people, whether politicians or Law Enforcement Officials, have deeply flawed personalities and questionable mental health. Ask a psychiatrist about the police - a common reaction is a defeated shaking of the head while throwing their hands in the air in a 'I surrender' pose. Because most experienced psychiatrists and psychologists have dealt with both law enforcement types -and- their victims. And they are disgusted by the truth.

Too many Governments are an extension of the adage "the strongest survive". Strongest does not mean most intelligent, wisest, capable - none of these things. Brut force and muscle prevail, often hand-in-hand with minds that are not wired properly. So a successful business person needed only to toss coin to people of low moral values and they would have a gang of thugs to do their bidding. Money & power, the great corruptors. Those with money & power do what it takes to make sure their lineage will continue to prosper and conquer.

Life has been this way for too long, for too many. We need to have our leaders and representatives nominated by our fellow citizens, good people that they have come to know & trust in their lives. We need the people, the populous, to be voting on issues on a weekly basis. We should be making the decisions. We don't need self-serving power-drunk members of the secret handshake societies to make sure they have while we have not. We are not in the Dark Ages. Most folks have a decent enough education to speak their own minds - and to put in place a governing body that really is for and by the people.

new topics

top topics

join