It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency declared, NewMexico running out of natural Gas!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It is currently only 2 degrees here at the moment in tularosa newmexico.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I use to live in Santa Fe - winters are pretty harsh -- cold and snow! A lot of the adobe homes there have kiva fireplaces they can use for heat but that will only keep you warm if you stay in one place. I hope they come up with some good alternative heat sources.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: double post

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

propane is expensive but in this situation
i am glad that i have it.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Is this really happening, haven't checked alternate sources yet. I have never heard of temps that low in that geographical area. This is just bizarre. Any additional data you can provide would be appreciated. Stay warm...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truthwilout

yes its really happening, did you watch the video in my op?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jophiel
reply to post by Xcathdra

and do not come on here trying to say
this isint news, you do not live here
and cannot even spell lascruces

Could care less about my spelling, and pointing it out only makes you look like an ass. Secondly I didnt say it was not news. I said the manner it was portrayed in is exaggerating the news (apparently I spell as well as you comprehend), as the problem is caused by outages due to loss of pressure and originates in Texas, and not because the state is running out of gas as the title suggests.

The cause of the outages in New Mexico is because the source of the gas comes from Texas. The pipeline running into New Mexico is intact. Texas is having issues on their end (pressure in the pipline system), which affects your end.

Source
edit on 3-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CestLaVie
I am somewhat skeptical regarding this claim of running out of natural gas, as far as I recall the US has always claimed to have huge reserves of natural gas.

The title is misleading on this post.
New Mexico is not running out of gas its reached pipeline capacity this extreme cold has everyone in that state turning up there heating to the point that they can not pump enough gas through the pipes to heat everyone's homes.
There is still plenty of gas just the pipes are too small.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

as in my op title, i said running out of gas, whiuch is true , becuase of that in texas , we are running out of gas, whats your point? how does that info make it suck any less for the people here?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jophiel

It seems tonight I got plenty for them!!!

OK! All kidding aside now. So go green start building the damn wind mills already!!! Solar panels, and hydro-electric. Easy peasy!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jophiel

as in my op title, i said running out of gas, whiuch is true , becuase of that in texas , we are running out of gas, whats your point? how does that info make it suck any less for the people here?

Because their is ample supply of Natural Gas in Texas as well as New Mexico. The way you titled the thread, "New Mexico running out of natural gas!!!!!!" is an exageration of whats going on. Noone is running out of natural gas. People are having issues because the gas pressure is to low.

huge difference.. and this is exactly how false info / panic starts.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

lol thats not the kind of natural gas we need here
the solar thing has been adopted alot of places here
though.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jophiel

I know I couldn't resist though.

I hope they solve the problem quickly though I have a friend out there.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

what city is your friend in?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
For those who may be affected by this, here is a list of emergency shelters that have been set up for those without gas/heat tonight (2/3):

• Highland High School in southeast Albuquerque (4700 Coal SE)
• Manzano High School in the Heights (12200 Lomas NE).
Other warming centers not affiliated with the Red Cross:
• Los Padillas Community Center in the South Valley (2117 Los Padillas SW)
• Paradise Hills Community Center on the Westside (5901 Paradise NW)
• Raymond Sanchez Community Center in North Albuquerque (9800 Fourth Street NW)
• Vista Grade Community Center in the East Mountains (# 15 La Madera Road, Sandia Park, 87047)

Source

And here are the latest updates from New Mexico Gas Company:

I live in the Albuquerque area, and know several people here and in Bernalillo who haven't had gas in over 24 hours now. APS has closed all schools again tomorrow, so more gas is available for heating people's homes. A few hours ago on the radio they were urging people to not only turn down their thermostats, but also to turn off/unplug unnecessary electrical devices to help ease the "energy shortage" as they're now calling it. Link

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Let's pray to the Creator that everything gonna ok for people live in that area.

P.S. The creator in mean of the one who create every freakin sh1t out there including God and what not.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AdmireTheDistance

so now we have an energy shortage?
that is just great, the news gets better.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Jophiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Looks like the US is going to have one massive bill this winter from Canada Inc: All Your Heating, Electricity, Gas, & Water Needs.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
breaking: looks like i will not be paying my bill till monday, governor
orders all offices to close friday due to the outages, great just great
i had alot to due tomorrow. story

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

* Meet Governor Martinez * The First Gentleman * Emergency Response o Emergency Shelters o Non-Emergency Phone Numbers o Closings Information Information on Closings and Delays FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2011 Governor Martinez has ordered state operations not providing critical services to close tomorrow (FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2011) in order to decrease the strain on energy supplies throughout the state. “Due to statewide natural gas shortages, I have ordered all government agencies that do not provide essential services to shut down and all non-essential employees to stay home tomorrow, February 4,” said Governor Martinez. “I have also encouraged all schools that have not already announced closures to strongly consider doing so. To view the memorandum from the State Personnel Office, please click here. THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2011 Non-essential Personnel Early Release Governor Martinez has ordered the early release of all non-essential* personnel today, Thursday February 3, 2011. Employees in critical and/or essential positions will remain on the job. (see below for further definition) Questions about which category an employee falls in will be answered by the Cabinet Secretary and/or Agency Head. Employees are instructed to check the SPO website Friday morning, February 4, 2011 for further information. Press releases and/or media alerts will be distributed through the Governor's Office. As always, employees should remain in regular contact with their supervisors in order to receive proper instructions for reporting to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join