It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops beat 15 Yr old suspect. stomping his head on VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I just don't understand why doesn't the PD fire any officer that commit these crimes? They just suspend them for a week or two.

I get so furious to know theres violent cops out there, everywhere. I'm from NYC so I know how 90% of them are A** wholes. Then they wonder why no one respects the law

worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Thought I would embed it so people can view it more easily.

This is just disgusting!! What the hell is wrong with law enforcement these days? It seems like we are constantly seeing them abuse their power! I can't see things like this going over well within the community, much less our nation... maybe I'm wrong. After all, American Idol is still on.

edit on 3-2-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

This is why I dispise most if not all police officers

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yea, as long as they keep american idol on and show a breast every now and then most americans don't care what happens to their fellow Human Being... it want do for something like this to happen around me..if it does, we'll both get paid......It's pitiful......
edit on 3-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Why does the first officer (In blue shirt) run away so fast after he stomped on his head? It looks more like a Monty Python clip than an arrest.

This man deserved to be arrested, but not beaten! A nonviolent crime should not be met with brutal force.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Before some one calls me out on this like they did on another thread, allow me to go on record as saying this is wrong and can be in no way justified. I hope the officers involved are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. No excuse.
Seeashrink

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I agree with the guy in the video who said 'wait until the people in the hood see this tape' .

That's exactly what needs to happen , make copies of the video and hand them out in the "hood" , with photographs of each and every one of the spineless bastards who were involved .

How are these pukes any better than the criminals ?

Take these punks to Detroit and drop them off inside of 8-mile , with copies of the tapes strapped to their chests . Let them get a taste of their own medicine .

This is Rodney King , all over again .

That's gonna be one rich kid before this is over with .

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Can anyone say they really trust law enforcement officers? You don't even want to look in your review mirror at them because you just know they're going to pull you over and ask, "Why are you looking at me?! Are you hiding something?!"

There was no reason to beat that kid. Even if he did something truly awful, he had surrendered. (probably only cuz he tripped and fell, but still...) That was excessive and uncalled for.

When and if this nation does decided to rise up, I feel very bad for people in a badge. They have been abusing their power for a very very long time. As we all know, karma is a #@&%*!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Why does the first officer (In blue shirt) run away so fast after he stomped on his head? It looks more like a Monty Python clip than an arrest.

Something (no idea what) also appeared to be going on in the background. If you watch again you see him and another officer run toward the mass of parked cars. Toward the end of the video it looks like they may have someone else down in the background, but its too blurry to make out clearly what is going on back there.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is a prime example of why they are passing laws everywhere that makes it illegal to record LEO while they are on duty .

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

That's a possability. Of course, I don't know...but if that is the case it is clear that these LEO's are not very well organized.

After having my own physical confrontation with a police officer, didn't go to jail for the record, I know how some of these LEO's can be. On the other hand, I have met many who take their job seriously and treat citizens with respect. We need to weed out the officers that take it too far.

edit on 3-2-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
To all the good cops:

This is why we can't trust any of you.

You may be the best cop on the planet and treat everyone with the utmost respect, but how are we to know? From our point of view, you could be one of these thugs, and even if you aren't the next one to roll up might be, and then mob mentality takes over as we saw in the video.

I hope they prosecute absolutely everyone who was involved...every cop present, every supervisor who tried to cover it up or failed to charge them, every prosecutor who failed to uphold the laws, and every judge who tried to suppress it. And the cops should be charged with attempted murder, not simple assault: kicking someone in the head several times could be deadly.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

This is a prime example of why they are passing laws everywhere that makes it illegal to record LEO while they are on duty .

Yep. Looking that way...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

If the public allows these laws to take affect, there will be no way to keep these rogue cops from abusing their authority. It amazes me with all these bad cops being caught on video, these officers don't think twice before beating someone. You would think their would be at least one sane cop in the bunch that would have tried to hold back these officers from beating this guy.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That was surprisingly good coverage by the news team. I agree with the man on tape - "How in the hell.." do they not get charged with assault? I was raised to believe that the police were accountable for their actions and not above the people in respect for the law. At least no one has come on here yet giving us the usual line that that those were highly skilled compliance thumps to force compliance - perfectly placed to not cause any permanent damage.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Given the rash of police brutality threads (and videos) on ATS it seems like there should be a dedicated forum.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Cowards! These are the fools that were in high school that would stalk girls! I live in an apt bldg and i get way more respect than any fag with a tin badge. Cops in my hood are a dying breed much like they're cousin the snitch. These are the weak minded individuals that take the oath to protect and serve the public and at the same time fail to see what a cancer they are on the soft underbelly of our society. They are in a position of limited power and yet they are consumed by it.. #ing Morons!!! You say I hate cops until I need one, but I say i am better off without them, street justice is always swifter and sweeter.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, all.

But the crazy thing is, that this is what happens everyday where I'm from in NYC. Do you know how many people I know that have gotten disrespected by LEO's for no reason? Do you know how many people I know that have gotten arrested for something that they did not do, and are doing years in jail?? Its your word against the cops. You will never win, unless you have 100 witness with a superb background, who are all public servants and volunteers.

I think they should have a 3 strike rule for cops. 3 major complains like excessive force, and your GONE! On to being a Mall Cop

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
BAD PRINCIPLES, BAD COPS, smh smh

new topics

top topics

join