It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Las Vegas Strip Shut Down Due to Bomb Scare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The bomb squad has been called out to a suspicious package at the Las Vegas Strip. The Strip is shut down in both directions for about a block while bomb squad, fire and police personnel investigate the package.
The call came in around 1:30pm local time. Responders discovered a package with some sort of antenna sticking out the top.
After investigating the package, it was determined not to pose a threat. It is believed it is a tracking device for a delivery truck.

KLAS TV
Metro Police are investigating a suspicious device in or near the row of adult information display boxes on the corner of Stardust Road and Las Vegas Blvd.

The Strip is currently closed in both directions between Cathedral Way and Convention Center Drive. The Frontier is south of the area and the Stardust is to the north.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Despite the fact that the device was found to be harmless, someone made an anonymous phone call to say that it was a bomb and that it would go off at 4pm PST. This phone call has been chalked up to a prank in poor taste.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Keep an eye on this Please... If it does need to be bumped up, we need as much info as possible...We have two big stories going right now, and possible third in the works.....

Trick

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The bomb squad has just arrived at 2:45 p.m. p.s.t. One member of the bomb squad is going over there to take a look at it. Police got the phone call at about 1:30 p.m. this afternoon.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here's the Stratosphere's cam of the area.

www.klastv.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The bomb squad man is by the package it has an antenna sticking out of the top of it!
It's to the left of Wayne Newtons name.

[edit on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
They are showing a magazine/newpaper vending box (full of stripper ads on the strip). Bomb squad has pulled back after attaching something to the box... hmm.. I can *almost* see this from my house!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's the red spot on the corner sidewalk.... left of Wayne Newtons name. It's either in a magazine rack or underneath it!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its definately in a Yellow magazine rack.. im watching it live on local news. They have a camera right on the box waiting for something...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The bomb squad took a sample (off the package) looking for bomb making residue. Time 3:15 p.m. p.s.t They are examining it at the command post on scene.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah Calculon386 it's one of those yellow smut magazine racks!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
They hooked up some sort of cable to the box and ran it back to the bomb squad van. News thinks its a fiber optic camera or a small detonating device.

This is on the corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Desert Inn road. Glad im already home.. traffic will be EXTRA horrible this afternoon. ATF is also standing by to take over if it is a confirmed bomb

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The View of the camera has changed, can any of you make out what they are looking at now?

By the way, Not One Major News source is covering this, Good Scoop Guys, and Gals

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No change right now.. local channels all cut away to commercials.. FOX said they expect the box to be detonated as a precautionary measure anyways. Dont know who else is in Vegas, but i'll keep posting while its happening. Let me know if you need any other info?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386
No change right now.. local channels all cut away to commercials.. FOX said they expect the box to be detonated as a precautionary measure anyways. Dont know who else is in Vegas, but i'll keep posting while its happening. Let me know if you need any other info?

The view on the webcam changed, it used to be focused on the strip, now it looks like on a hotel and parking lot.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Two bomb squad guys are in full gear and a third getting a suit on. One appears more heavily ammored. One just cut the wires off of something. It looked like he was toward the object and than backed up unspooling something.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Im in Vegas, but cant watch the new due to work restrictions. Keep the info coming. Im just downtown on Bonneville.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've got it live on Klas television (our channel 8) with Gary Wadell.
Did you hear that the bomb is scheduled to go off at 4:00 p.m. p.s.t.!!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Apparently the device is under the yellow box, not in it. Bomb squad is suiting up a few more and are gather mostly around the squad's van looking at something.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I believe they got a phone call from someone according to Gary Wadell.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
No bomb! It was something else.. they said a tracking device from a delivery truck or something.. Police and all are packing up and going home.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join