It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the slander : Obama is a Christian

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius
reply to post by kinda kurious

Don't believe everything you hear on the news and TV. Most of it is lies and disinfo. Being a member of this website you should know that shame on you

Thanks and happy 3 month anniversary.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It is my firm belief that Obama will say anything to illicit a desired response from a target audience. His own words and actions speak for themselves as does his ability to posture himself politically.

His fist order of business as our new POTUS was his famous apology tour. Funny to look at the state of the world now as it relates to this statement.

By confessing our nation's sins, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said that Mr. Obama has "changed the image of America around the world" and made the U.S. "safer and stronger." As evidence, Mr. Gibbs pointed to the absence of protesters during the Summit of the Americas this past weekend.

online.wsj.com...

Why would such a man of Christian conviction run for the hills when confronted about his mentor and long time pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright?

Why would such a man of Christian belief say something like this to a captive audience in Turkey April 6 2009

“The United States has been enriched by Muslim-Americans,” he said. “Many other Americans have Muslims in their family, or have lived in a Muslim-majority country.

“I know,” he said, “because I am one of them.”

Political posturing....say anything....blah blah blah...lip service blah blah

The line was a bold one for Mr. Obama, who has been falsely described as a Muslim. The claim persists on some right-wing Web sites, which may try to interpret his remarks as proof of that view.

But Mr. Obama, who spent part of his childhood in Indonesia, is calculating that the benefits of demonstrating to the Muslim world that Americans are not antagonistic toward it outweigh the potential political fallout back home. His calculus may also reflect an increased belief that he has enough political capital that he can spend some of it in pursuit of strengthening ties between Muslim nations and the West.

Introduced as “Barack Hussein Obama,” the president told the assembly that he planned to push for a two-state solution in the Middle East, despite the view of many foreign policy experts that such a goal will be even more difficult to reach because of the makeup of the new Israeli government under Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, not to mention the fractured state of internal Palestinian politics.

www.nytimes.com...

I personally think that Obama could care less about religion and would completely secularize the nation if he could get away with it politically. REMEMBER, that the NEW and IMPROVED Obama is now in campaign mode again!! Expect more of the same. Just reference his last campaign for some prime examples of Obama the talking head. How he can do it without a spine is a true mystery.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have to echo the sentiments expressed by some here already.

It is in no way defamatory to be called a Muslim.

Were he a Muslim (and even IF he is a Muslim or ever was one) it has no effect on the mandate of the nation.

While most of us accept that a person's stated faith and spirituality are the stuff of political theater today, it is nevertheless (at least in theory) their own business and has nothing to do with their capacity or eligibility to serve the public.

We are fortunate, thus far, that we do not live in a nation with theocratic tenancies, because given the class-based oligarchical conservative tendencies that are already in place, America would become a veritable Hell on earth.

This is a 'cosmetic' issue,

I only wish to stress that it is NOT slander to be considered a Muslim. Muslims have honor, dignity, and no small degree of a charitable nature. (of course, as is with all cultures and classifications of humans, exceptions can become glaring, especially when in the hands of the political kabuki theater producers we have all come to accept as 'in the know')... and the same applies to Christians, Jews, Atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, and all manner of human beings.

It is prideful vainglory and lust for celebrity that drives people to vilify others, and it is sheer ignorance to create memes which extend to entire peoples for the purpose of manipulating the adoration of comrades and patriots.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiste
LOL...I would much rather have a moderate Muslim president than a christian extremist...can anyone say "Westboro Baptist Church".

The false accusations that Obama is a Muslim, implies that all Muslims are bad and all christians are good. Mainstream Islam and christianity are closer than you think.

Well said. Strangely I had just Friended you after reading a post of yours in another thread.

Wow, synchronicity.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Why would such a man of Christian belief say something like this to a captive audience in Turkey April 6 2009

“The United States has been enriched by Muslim-Americans,” he said. “Many other Americans have Muslims in their family, or have lived in a Muslim-majority country.

Wow J, that is a tad weak.

"Many other Americans have Muslims in their family....."

BHO's father AS YOU KNOW was a Muslim.

"or have lived in a Muslim-majority country...".

It is no secret he attended school in Indonesia.

Hence..........

Twist words much? Geez.

edit on 4-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: added 2nd quote to first

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks Kurious...

I have posted a good and fair comparison site...I friend of mine sent this to me a while ago when we were arguing about religion. I learned a lot from this chart:

muslim-canada.org...

The similiarities in basic concepts blew me away. I did not realize they also believed that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Tiste because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by Tiste because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The Lord and G-d are two different beings. One is a false god and one is the real deal. As far as Obama having faith in the LORD Jesus Christ. Well thats true.

God created the heavens and earth and called his creation good. Scripture never said he called it good and evil
After Genesis 3 verse 22 -Skull and Bones Chapter 322
God is angry (THE LORD) makes wars, and punishes, kills, is jealous, and demands adoration and praise.

Let me ask you this. Did the press photograph his head in front of a circle (halo). They usually do. Good Mind Kontrol stuff and quite entertaing to observe.

HALOS and OCCULT SYMBOLISM amongst them

They really arent as crafty and illuminated as they would like to think.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

The US hasn't had a "Christian" president in a long time.

If we are to have a Christian president, may I suggest Mike Huckabee? Here is one Christian that doesn't attempt to convert everyone to his way of thinking. I like Mike, I watch his show on Fox, and I think he would be a good man for the job, much better than Obama.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I watch what Obama does; not his flapping, lying lips.

What is he doing meeting and planning with the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House and allowing them to infiltrate the government?

Why is his "church" in Chicago closely affiliated with the Nation of Islam in Chicago? Why did he chose a church with a "minister" who was an Imam but who still sounds like an Imam hating the US and Israel?

Why did he come to the defense of a Muslim jihadist who shot up US soldiers at Fort Hood in light of the way he demonized innocent Americans in the name of the shooting in Arizona?

Why is he randomly molesting every traveler passing through the airport in order to avoid focusing security on his Muslim brother(hood)s?

Why is he keeping the borders open for his Muslim pals to enter the country with weapons of mass destruction at will. He is doing this knowing that his Muslim Brotherhood pals have access to nukes and biological weapons.

Why is he promoting the Muslim brotherhood's takeover of Egypt by demanding Mubarak resign while the nation is in chaos? Why did he train the revolutionaries?

Why has he shifted law enforcement's work against terrorist activity from the Muslim Brotherhood's jihad on the US to his political enemies naming these Americans the real dangerous enemy - "domestic terrorists"?

Why has he set up rules of engagment that protect the enemy in Afghanistan but put our soldiers at risk?

Mr. Obama is not a Christian by his actions and words. He is a liar and in the course of advancing jihad, lying is promoted for Muslims. Every action he takes advances the weakening of the US in every way he possibly can while "progressing" and strengthing jihad against America. While he is denying that he is a Muslim, even while he was raised a Muslim, he hates America and Americans as if he were. He has every reason to lie about his true loyalities. But his actions tell the truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Great, one of the most powerful people on the planet, guided by voices, just like his predecessor, another nutter.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I still don't understand why it matters so much. If he's a Muslim, he obviously isn't the type that we have to worry about because his wife and daughters aren't covered from head to toe in burqas (aka he's not an extreme fundamentalist).

If he's only paying lip service to Christianity...well, welcome to modern Christianity. I know very few Christians who go out of their way to shove their religion down my throat, but most of them are plenty judgmental and jerks about pretty much everything else.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am not a regular 'defender' of political figures, but some of your comments strike me a ill-considered. If I may explain, respectfully.

Originally posted by sara123123
I watch what Obama does; not his flapping, lying lips.

What is he doing meeting and planning with the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House and allowing them to infiltrate the government?

I expect that any executive of the US administration meets - from time to time - with all manner of groups, so simply meeting with them is likely a function of foreign policy; since our government hides almost all things as 'secret' I can't say that I know the purpose of the meeting (aside from what the press and PR people report).

Could you please elaborate on the 'infiltration' of the government? I am curious because the same characterization can be laid upon the 'infiltration' of the government by corporate banking cartels, Christian and non-Christian groups, Shriners, Masons, etc, etc. I mean to ask, at what point is it infiltration? Since most such groups are guilty of self-serving reasons to occupy what is ostensibly 'public service' responsibilities, our entire government could be said to be 'infiltrated.'

Why is his "church" in Chicago closely affiliated with the Nation of Islam in Chicago? Why did he chose a church with a "minister" who was an Imam but who still sounds like an Imam hating the US and Israel?

Is the church you refer to in Chicago really "his" church? Or is it simply the church he belonged to for the purpose of garnering local political support? Do you have any reason to believe he specifically chose THAT church because of its rhetorical stance against what they call social and cultural offenses, and thus shares that church's leaders' view of the world? Not trying to be argumentative here but I don't agree with many, if not most, of my church leaders' views (or government for that matter)... why can the same not be true in his case?

Why did he come to the defense of a Muslim jihadist who shot up US soldiers at Fort Hood in light of the way he demonized innocent Americans in the name of the shooting in Arizona?

I suspect that I cannot reason with you regarding how these matters felt to you. I can understand that he might (as any president might) want to influence Americans not to take their pain and outrage out on Muslims because the shooter at Fort Hood was a Muslim acting, allegedly, on his religious convictions. I'm sure that he didn't demonize Americans in general, but American gun owners in the Arizona case.... which is keeping with his ideological conviction that guns are 'bad' for society. I didn't see the comments as a reflection of the nation, but on those who demand the right to bear arms.

Why is he randomly molesting every traveler passing through the airport in order to avoid focusing security on his Muslim brother(hood)s?

"He" is behind that? I believe you are mistaken. That is part and parcel of the national mistake known as the Department of Homeland Security and it's operational subordinate the TSA. I don't believe that any political party is singularly behind that practice; instead, I attribute it to interests that have 'truly' infiltrated the government..., but that is another conversation entirely.

Why is he keeping the borders open for his Muslim pals to enter the country with weapons of mass destruction at will. He is doing this knowing that his Muslim Brotherhood pals have access to nukes and biological weapons.

Several assumption herein. First off, the state of the border is unchanged .... not only did his administration have nothing to do with the situation, they remain disconnected from it. Why? I would say globalization agenda, but that's just me. As for it being done for the benefit of terrorists, well.... I can't see how that can be proved... although I understand that it is frustratingly incongruent with national security.... especially in light of the way American citizens get treated by the same government when they travel.

Why is he promoting the Muslim brotherhood's takeover of Egypt by demanding Mubarak resign while the nation is in chaos? Why did he train the revolutionaries?

I expect that you are assuming the Muslim Brotherhood will take control of Egypt. I'm not sure even THEY think that would be in the best interest of their membership, but thats just my opinion. I have been waiting for him to demand the resignation of Mubarak, he really hasn't. The political elite are friends, they always cover each other; and even when they do, they are careful with their rhetoric so as not offend any other friends who might disagree.

He trained revolutionaries? I didn't know that. I know our country trains insurgents ans revolutionaries all over the world; but it usually turns out that it has to do more with commercial and financial exploitation of the regime than any religious ideology, which is mostly used as a tool of political expedience.

Why has he shifted law enforcement's work against terrorist activity from the Muslim Brotherhood's jihad on the US to his political enemies naming these Americans the real dangerous enemy - "domestic terrorists"?

It was "on his watch" that this trend became prevalent, that much is true. But it started well before he took office. Sadly, political success relies heavily on the ability to name and vilify enemies... especially when they are vulnerable. I don't want our nation to persecute any religious group, including Muslims. I suspect he would say he agrees. But everyone has a right not to agree, including you.

Why has he set up rules of engagment that protect the enemy in Afghanistan but put our soldiers at risk?

I have a theory about this. The military is making use of - which is to say paying - contractors to conduct war. They are not subject to the Military Code of conduct and often are people who cannot and would never fit into the military discipline. They are at times criminals. Those criminals and their conduct however does not get identified as anything other than 'US military" making our soldiers guilty of abuse by association. Something had to be done to create accountability. this is his administrations half-assed, highly ineffective approach to 'dealing with the problem.'

Mr. Obama is not a Christian by his actions and words. He is a liar and in the course of advancing jihad, lying is promoted for Muslims. Every action he takes advances the weakening of the US in every way he possibly can while "progressing" and strengthing jihad against America. While he is denying that he is a Muslim, even while he was raised a Muslim, he hates America and Americans as if he were. He has every reason to lie about his true loyalities. But his actions tell the truth.

In closing, he is no different than any other clown of the political theater. I won;t even credit them with 'lying'.... I think they are actors... just like the one's we worship for their make-believe exploits in the media. He follows a script, he keeps us focused on him, even though he does not 'act' in any way to contribute or detract from the effectiveness of the government. That's what think-tanks, and political associates do. You may freely spew hatred for the man, but even if he weren't there, nothing would be any different - guaranteed.

There is another force determining policy and practice and nearly every President who dared intimate that was the case has either died or suffered some career-ending humiliation for the attempt.

No disrespect intended for the disagreement.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He is no more a Christian than

George Washington was...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Wow J, that is a tad weak.

"Many other Americans have Muslims in their family....."

BHO's father AS YOU KNOW was a Muslim.

"or have lived in a Muslim-majority country...".

It is no secret he attended school in Indonesia.

Hence..........

Twist words much? Geez.

edit on 4-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: added 2nd quote to first

Great way to low brow your own thread. Twisting words?? by quoting him?? I was simply illustrating why people believe what they do about the man of no conviction.

A true devoted and proud Christian would not say that he is one of them in that context to an audience of Muslims. Stand true to one's faith otherwise it is just another dog and pony show.

BTW Any idea of what church Obama and his family joined in DC?

ETA
I find your comment about his father to be most amusing. Consider that his "father" left the family including baby Obama and never looked back. The man had absolutely no hand in the nurturing of Obama through the years. Pretty sad really...Bringing up Barack Sr. is a waste of time and logic. The only stability and guidance that Obama ever got was from his grandparents. If anything, according to your logic, he is one of them first and foremost.
edit on 4-2-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Your post literally made me ROFLOLMAO!

This is just utter unimportant garbage that really has no place being on ATS anymore. This topic has been beaten to death. Who cares what religion this man follows, he is still associated with special interest groups who have no interest in helping the common citizen, which makes him a criminal in my book.

You really need to stop reading and believing everything that the guys upstairs throw at you.

I like how people like to call themselves "awake" on this site, but yet they are still tuttling with these meaningless topics and issues.....

Pick a side and lets stay there people, jesus.

Its posts like these that makes me look forward to a global cataclysmic event.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

The US hasn't had a "Christian" president in a long time.

If we are to have a Christian president, may I suggest Mike Huckabee? Here is one Christian that doesn't attempt to convert everyone to his way of thinking. I like Mike, I watch his show on Fox, and I think he would be a good man for the job, much better than Obama.

I used to feel the same way about Mike Huckabee. I certainly thought he was one of the front runners in the Repubs during the last election. On the face of it, he was the only Repub I thought I could vote for at the time.

However, he just recently traveled to Israel (following Mitt Romney who went there a week earlier) where he said this:

.....that bans on Israeli settlements in the West Bank is “apartheid.” “To tell Jewish people, ‘You cannot live here, you cannot raise your children here,’ this is the true racism, this is apartheid,” Mr. Huckabee said.

Of course, he didn't say whether he felt "Jewish only" roads in the region were apartheid.

Both Huckabee and Romney met with Prime Minister Netanyahu, while they were there, of course.

Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour is expected to go to Israel in the near future as well.

Can you say, possible presidential prospect's pilgrimage?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Someone please tell me what, exactly, Obama has done to make you think he isn't a Christian? What a bunch of nonsense. Ask yourself this question: Did you vote? No? Then you have no say and nobody cares what you think since you didn't bother to vote. You did vote? Did you vote for Obama? No? You lost. Get over it and hope you do better in 2012, however you'll need to present something better than Sara Palin if you are going to regain the Presidency.

Of course if Obama wins again you will all just say it was a conspiracy, so....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I find your comment about his father to be most amusing. Consider that his "father" left the family including baby Obama and never looked back. The man had absolutely no hand in the nurturing of Obama through the years. Pretty sad really...Bringing up Barack Sr. is a waste of time and logic. The only stability and guidance that Obama ever got was from his grandparents. If anything, according to your logic, he is one of them first and foremost.]

Fom linked transcript in OP:

My father, who I barely knew — I only met once for a month in my entire life — was said to be a non-believer throughout his life.

Who's waste of time? I'd say it is relevant to the shaping of his life. Perhaps he equates his Fasthere and everything he stood for to be the motivation for him to seek spiritual solace in another form of religion.

But thanks for telling me what I should and shouldn't do or think. :shk:

Let this thread serve to dispel the lies, myths and tactics of those who are blinded by intolerance. As always, I service what I sell. So bring it.

edit on 4-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Of course he's a Christian................a black seperatist, racist one, but a Chritian none the less. As bad as he is trying to screw us, why does it matter anyway? His religion really doesn't matter at the end of the day, where as the screwing he and his administration re giving us do.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Obama is a Christian in the modern sense.

Christian individuals that are part of the evangelical church community = Roman statesmen
Organizationally the evangelical church is the Pharisee of old. The church is a multi-national corporation.

Lift the veil. Modern day Christianity is the opposite of what the only begotten son encouraged us to be.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join