It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased solar activity for 3rd to 6th of February?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
A Coronal Mass Ejection just took place during the day of 03/02/2011, and it appears to head towards us. It does not appear to be a major Coronal Ejection however it is something to watch I guess.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This CME will reach earth probably on 5-6 of February, however it could overlap the solar wind coming from the coronal hole facing Earth right now

ps: it is all fine, we are not going to die!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Here is a good video about it. I found this connected the the New Madrid threads.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

I just have no luck with these videos. Here it is

www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/yo-CJuC-yuY

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
already reported here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

good links, though
edit on 3-2-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
O, I did not see the other thread. I just wanted to point out the overlap of CME and Coronal Hole Stream.

Arriving a little later than expected, a CME hit Earth's magnetic field on Feb. 4th around 0200 UT.

And

A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole should reach Earth on Feb. 4th.

I will be watching how the situation evolves in the next 2 days, it could be interesting however I do not see anything major yet. Brasil just got a large-scale Black-out but i think it would be too early to link it with the solar activity, as the measured values for several indicators are still below any alert level..

new topics

top topics

join