It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AA-12 possibly the most frightening gun there is.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This fully automatic 12 gage with almost no recoil and some very special ammo can come get you even behind a wall.Brought to you by blackwater.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 2/3/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

NOW THATS A GUN!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Very nice!!

Writes down AA-12 on Zombie apocalypse wish list

This ones nice too! 1000000 rounds a minute

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You always need the right tool for a job...... military application in close quarter combat this could save soldiers lives....
personally that is just a bad ass gun.......

gun doesn't scare me cause if i was staring down the barrel at least i know the pain wouldn't last to long
edit on 3-2-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Oh man Dave I want one of those too.Awesome and oddly quiet as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Nice post!! I shot one of these about a year ago. It is crazy amazing. Actually since 2010 some soldiers had these in operation in afghanistan and iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The scariest weapon I can imagine is the one that I will never see or hear, fired by a man who sees, hears and watches me, yet considers me only briefly before he ends my life.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I know what I am asking Santa for next year.

Jeez, I got to get one of those.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
We had one for our team in Afghanistan it was the best thing out there for intimidation factor and dealing death in CCB.

I was a team leader so I didn't use it in combat - not my role but my weapons sergeant did with very effective results. I fired a few rounds for familiarization and it was a hoot.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That gun is AMAZING!! I don't know what else I can say about this...

Also, I completely agree with the zombie quote. They should bring this gun to Resident Evil

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

How do I get one? Semi-automatic of course, I wouldn't want to hurt anyone

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

custom build it or ask a gunsmith to custom build it .... but parts and labor would cost at least 6000 dollars.!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yowsza Yowsza Yowsza
ok you win...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I can't really attest to how great the AA-12 is because I've never owned or shot one.
But to anyone saying they want to get one... or anyone that wants to get a zombie killer.
I recommend the Saiga 12. They're pretty much the same thing but the Saiga:

Based off the trusted AK47 design,
Simple to break down and clean,
Can shoot any 12 gauge ammo,
A ton of aftermarket parts (very customizable)
Faster RPM than AA-12,
A lot cheaper,
Not bulky and ugly

Yeah, I know, the guy jams it.... but he's firing it from his junk. What did he expect?
edit on 3-2-2011 by Blackjak966 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackjak966

The Saiga-12 is pretty badass (both original models and modernized ones), but it is only semi-auto in comparison to the automatic AA-12.

There are of course, other automatic shotguns out there, like the SPAS-15. Main problem with these automatic shotgun designs is stability. I heard in testing phases there was a lot of malfunctions and reliability issues. Makes sense to me concerning the use of buckshot ammo, but there's probably more reliability in using slugs (or other less-volatile shotgun ammo).

Pretty mean gun though, especially if loaded with flachettes.

According to this forum, unit cost is around $3800 a piece. That's pretty pricey considering a remington M1100 or M870 can be bought for around $350-600.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Sweet. Thanks for the link. That's news to me. That would be pretty cool if they made a semi-auto / civilian model of the AA-12. I wonder what the cost would be? hopefully less than $3800.

The Saiga 12 can be made full auto. The guy who's post you linked has one. He owns MD Arms, the maker of the 20 rd drums.

Here's a video of him shooting his full auto. You can see the rate of fire is considerably faster than an AA-12.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
For remarkable controlability id say that saiga was far and away the most stable twelve ive ever seen!
I know i want one!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by MMPI2

your post sums it up really well, my view exactly. Thanks for expressing those thoughts.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackjak966
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Sweet. Thanks for the link. That's news to me. That would be pretty cool if they made a semi-auto / civilian model of the AA-12. I wonder what the cost would be? hopefully less than $3800.

The Saiga 12 can be made full auto. The guy who's post you linked has one. He owns MD Arms, the maker of the 20 rd drums.

Here's a video of him shooting his full auto. You can see the rate of fire is considerably faster than an AA-12.

Interesting. I didn't know that the Saiga was produced in full-auto. I am more familar with the older Soviet version.

Seems like the AA-12 was first designed during Vietnam, along with another special ops shotgun, which was full auto ("Childer's SOW" as it is called, a modified M870). I don't think the AA-12 was full-auto for a couple decades later. Still though, US had some interesting small arms developments during Vietnam (like the pump-action Springfield M79).

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Weapons like these make me wish that guns and firearms were never invented. I believe in the way of the sword..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join