It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zerubbabel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Meaning of the name Zerubbabel:

English biblical name of the leader of the first of the returning Babylonian exiles. **If the name is Hebrew, it is probably a contracted form of Zerua Bavel sown in Babylon, or Zeruy Bavel winnowed one of Babylon. If it is Assyrian-Babylonian, it is probably a contracted form of Zeru Babel, seed of Babylon.

www.names-meanings.net...

The Greek form Babylon (…) is an adaptation of Akkadian Babili. The Babylonian name as it stood in the 1st millennium BC had been changed from an earlier Babilli in early 2nd millennium BC, meaning "Gate of God" or "Gateway of the God" (bāb-ili) by popular etymology… The earlier name Babilla appears to be an adaptation of a non-Semitic source of unknown origin or meaning…
In the Hebrew Bible, the name appears as… (Babel; Tiberian … Bavel; Syriac … Bāwēl), interpreted in the Book of Genesis (11:9) to mean "confusion" (viz. of languages), from the verb bilbél, "to confuse".

en.wikipedia.org...

**It is a matter of derivation/perspective, whether Zerubbabel means sown in but coming out of or still a seed of…confusion.

winnow: 1. (vti) remove chaff from grain: to separate grain from its husks chaff by tossing it in the air or blowing air through it 2. (vt) examine something to remove bad parts: to examine something in order to remove the bad, unusable, or undesirable parts

seed = 1. (vt) plant seeds in place: to plant seeds in the soil of a place, or plant an area by sowing seeds 2. (vr) drop seeds: to shed seeds that develop into new plants

In the Hebrew account, the name is symbolic of those brought out of confusion.

Strong’s Hebrew meanings:

2216; from 2215 and 894; descended of (i.e. from) Babylon, i.e. born there
2215 zarab…; a primitive root; to flow away:-wax warm
894 Babel…; from 1101; confusion
1101 balal…; a primitive root; to overflow (specifically with oil); by implication to mix; also (denominatively from 1098) to fodder:-anoint, confound, Xfade, mingle, mix (self), give provender, temper
1098 beliyl…; from 1101; mixed, i.e. (specifically) feed (for cattle)-corn, fodder, provender

…”This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubabbel, saying, ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ saith the LORD of hosts.
Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, ‘Grace, grace unto it.’”
Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
“The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.
For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth. -Zechariah 4.6-10

A plummet is a plumb-bob.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cce919181444.jpg[/atsimg]

en.wikipedia.org...

The plummet in the hand of those brought out of confusion will make the great mountain of confusion (Babylon) a plain. The great mountain is obviously in a position of where Zerubbabel had been and will visit again, to level it.

I’d like to share one of my latest poems. This is how I see the awakening so many are discussing. The Truth is the only thing that will bring people out of confusion.

The Plummet

In the beginning, The Word was God
Existence by Word
Manifest Truth ~ Life created
God is Truth.

Absolute Truth; contrary is but lies
The Word became flesh
The liar thought he killed Truth!
Truth cannot die.

Men made in the image of Truth, twisted by lies
Both coming to and from men…
Who create and destroy with words
The plummet ever present.

Truth stifles lies.
No lies in the presence of Truth = life
Truth be known, lies expire
Truth reigns.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

Funny thing about the Tower of Babel story... A great nation. mightiest on earth seemingly works together as a cohesive and directioned populace to create some pretty fantastic stuff for the *ancient* world. Once the tower is built there seems to be a period where the Babylonian rulers get a little too big for their britches and they start importing a lot of people/slaves from other cultures, hence the confusion with culture and language. Then of course, G-d gets pissed off and down comes the tower and most of the empire and everyone scatters back to their country of origin, the rulers are either dead or leave.

What if we link that up with today... A great nation, the US, mightiest on earth seemingly works together for a couple of hundred years, directioned and with purpose in a cohesive manner creating great works and fantastic technology. Once the nation is built, the politicians and bankers get too big for their britches and become corrupt, ripe with greed and avarice. They start importing hundreds of thousands of new debt slaves to support the economy. These new debt slaves bring their culture and language, enter multiculturalism. The country is then destroyed through fragmentation and special interest groups because no group will compromise. I suppose in this hypothetical situation, the politicians and bankers would end up dispatched as well.

Is the Tower of Babel a metaphor across time that applies to today? Maybe the *confusion* in the story is the cause rather than the effect of G-d's wrath?

Civilizations and countries have collapsed before very possibly due to multiculturalism. This has happened in the past in Rome, Portugal, Spain, etc. and now England, Denmark, Holland, Sweden, Canada, the US, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love other cultures and I appreciate their intrinsic value (especially their food), but it seems to me that for a country or a people to have unified direction and singular goal orientation, their has to be assimilation within the host culture/country and that starts with one language and none of this hyphenated crap like Italian-American or African-American, etc. We are ONE people or we are just a lose rag tag bunch of self interested individuals.

If we don't learn by our mistakes (and apparently we don't) we are doomed to repeat them.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/3.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
THAT is an awesome poem!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
THAT is an awesome poem!

Thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Thank you for your response. It made me think.

There are obviously two groups of people: those having the Truth and those not.

“For who hath despised the day of small things?” (Zech 4) actually means something like, ‘Who would have believed such a small group could bring down something as large as a world system?’

The group with the real Truth is obviously a very small part of the entire population, which is steadily increasing to nearly seven billion. The Scriptures count 7000 who haven‘t bowed a knee, 144,000 sealed and the two witnesses…151,002. Actual? I dunno, but it would have to be numbers like that to astound the masses.

I also believe that they will not all be in the same nation. All of the tribes were scattered. If those numbers are indicative of what will come to pass, most of the world will be corrupt from confusion, not just the US. Remember, this is a small group of people against most people worldwide. The level of confusion today is obvious, if only from the current platform. We are on a conspiracy theory forum, one of many, that has members from around the world…on the www; and, it be hoppin’!

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Is the Tower of Babel a metaphor across time that applies to today? Maybe the *confusion* in the story is the cause rather than the effect of G-d's wrath?

Hypothetically, you are a parent with a house full of children. You have set rules. The children do what they always do ~ break the rules. The problem with rule breaking increases, as they continue to ignore more of your rules. Pretty soon, the entire state of the home is mass confusion. Who is at fault for the confusion: you for setting rules, or the children breaking the rules? Finally, what would you do about it?

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Is there any thing whereof it may be said, ‘See, this is new?’ it hath been already of old time, which was before us. -Ecclesiastes 1.9-10

This means that people are still doing the same things they have always done, with a much bigger world population; and as one world, not as individual nations.

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. -Matthew 24.21

I think the children create their own confusion.

This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. -I John 1.5

top topics

join