It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Has To Stop Now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It looks like The city of Escondido in California has started to do something.
Escondido's city-federal effort to oust illegal immigrants draws praise, criticism.

"The city of Escondido is the Arizona of San Diego County," said Kevin Keenan, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union in San Diego and Imperial counties. "The program is an extreme example of local police working with federal immigration agents, and neglects the tremendous harm to public safety from scaring to death our immigrant communities."

But backers call the program a balanced approach toward changing Escondido's status as a revolving-door destination for previously deported illegal immigrants. Officers arrest only previous deportees or people with criminal records; illegal immigrants encountered on city streets who have clean records are not arrested, said Police Chief Jim Maher.
When Escondido police officers pulled over Barrera in October for the broken tail light, he couldn't provide a driver's license. He gave his name to the officer, who called ICE agents. A few minutes later the agents rolled up to the scene, having determined through a database check that Barrera had previous convictions and had been deported in 2005. After they confirmed his identification through the image on a cellphone, Barrera was arrested. The woman and child in the car were not checked for their immigration status, police said.

Having immigration officers inside the city, Escondido police say, has made the city safer by exposing people who pose a threat. One man stopped for walking after hours along a drainage canal turned out to be a convicted wife batterer; another man pulled over for having tinted windows in his car, an immigration check showed, was a convicted child molester.
When Salvador Santoyo Juarez, 61, was pulled over last month for a having tinted windows in his car, an immigration check revealed that he had convictions for child molestation, drug transportation and drunk driving — all more than 20 years old. ( But He is Still Here illegally is that not a CRIME? )

(This is a Good One Here.) But critics contend that most detainees are people with drunk driving convictions from long ago who are hardly criminals. ( OK, My Question, Are they now All Of A Sudden, LEGAL? Or are they still illegal? )
Source: www.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I understand what you are saying. Believe me, I have looked at this subject from both angles. The problem as I stated above somewhere, is that the process of doing it legaly, well only a small certain priviledged few with connections get the approval, after paying the fee to just get considered and to then get rejected, well most say screw it. and I want to know where all that money is going, you know the application fee, 100 US dollars, and each day in one office alone they get thousands of applicants. There are a lot of people that try it the right way. But they get ripped off. Most would rather just pay the Coyote for a more sure way to get in. Yes I know it's wrong and against the law. But if you realise, how many people die trying to get in, a great deal die before even reaching the border. Like a friend once said, one of the reasons Mexicans work so hard for so little is because they are literaly dying and risking their lives to get here and get a chance.

How about if they are already here, have them all register so no one can say "we don't know who they are.." etc... once they are registered, they get the social security number and ready to be put into the system so that they can properly contribute. And the question is not so much about honor, it's more along the lines of die in poverty where they originaly came from or kick some butt working in the US.

Also like many people have pointed out, if the American companies did not hire illegals then Illegals wouldnt have work thus no incentive to come here. And as for the welfare and such, I also stated how they do check for legal status. Go apply for aid, see what documents they ask for, see if you get approved without proof of citizenship.

All in all, there are things from both perspectives that are bad and things that are good.

If the world was blind and nobody could see the color of your skin, or able to tell what ethnicity you are, I can damn near assure you there would be no racism, no racism disguised as what it is now.

On another thread, someone said "I don't have a problem with mexicans, I have a problem with what they do to a town" What if someone siad that about blacks, asians, arabs etc..?

So there are some with hidden racism, and that is unacceptable.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

The problem as I stated above somewhere, is that the process of doing it legaly, well only a small certain priviledged few with connections get the approval, after paying the fee to just get considered and to then get rejected, well most say screw it. and I want to know where all that money is going, you know the application fee, 100 US dollars, and each day in one office alone they get thousands of applicants. There are a lot of people that try it the right way. But they get ripped off. Most would rather just pay the Coyote for a more sure way to get in. Yes I know it's wrong and against the law. But if you realise, how many people die trying to get in, a great deal die before even reaching the border. Like a friend once said, one of the reasons Mexicans work so hard for so little is because they are literaly dying and risking their lives to get here and get a chance.

You know, there are a lot of things I'd like to have. That doesn't mean I get to not take "no" for an answer. Your paragraph above is a cop out trying to justify the actions of those who are willing to make breaking the law their first act upon stepping on this country's soil. My neighbor has a wonderful 10 acre farm. I could live off that land for the rest of my life being self sustained. I consider that a far better life. Just because that is fact doesn't give me the right to insist that he let me squat on his land.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

I understand what you are saying. Believe me, I have looked at this subject from both angles. The problem as I stated above somewhere, is that the process of doing it legaly, well only a small certain priviledged few with connections get the approval, after paying the fee to just get considered and to then get rejected, well most say screw it. and I want to know where all that money is going, you know the application fee, 100 US dollars, and each day in one office alone they get thousands of applicants. There are a lot of people that try it the right way. But they get ripped off. Most would rather just pay the Coyote for a more sure way to get in. Yes I know it's wrong and against the law. But if you realise, how many people die trying to get in, a great deal die before even reaching the border. Like a friend once said, one of the reasons Mexicans work so hard for so little is because they are literaly dying and risking their lives to get here and get a chance.

How about if they are already here, have them all register so no one can say "we don't know who they are.." etc... once they are registered, they get the social security number and ready to be put into the system so that they can properly contribute. And the question is not so much about honor, it's more along the lines of die in poverty where they originaly came from or kick some butt working in the US.

Also like many people have pointed out, if the American companies did not hire illegals then Illegals wouldnt have work thus no incentive to come here. And as for the welfare and such, I also stated how they do check for legal status. Go apply for aid, see what documents they ask for, see if you get approved without proof of citizenship.

You often hear they are poor and dying. If you are that poor then you cannot afford to pay coyotes to get here. You cannot afford to pay the high price of stolen identities and false documentations. I have yet to meet a starving illegal. Maybe they are somewhere but not here. We have citizens who are dying and poor right here. They have no money to travel esewhere for a better life.

It has been stated already how illegals get welfare. They do! Many get it through lies and deception as I have mentioned earlier in the thread. Others have mentioned how as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Ok, clearly I can't get anyone to view things from the other perspective, and I certainly am not about to try to change someone's mind.

Fine, send every single undocumented person back to where they came from, no matter what they have contributed to the country, because apparently none of them contribute, and because they broke the law and so many victims were hurt because they stepped over an imaginary line.

So with that, I will no longer taint your thread, I will not contribute what is obviolusly false on my end according to some here. My apologies if I offended anyone.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am sorry you feel that way. I truly am. I just know what I have seen personally and what many have experienced because of illegal immigration. I cannot understand how it is ok for an illegal to have the opportunity of a better life at the expense f a citizen. We have millions of unemployed people worried sick while illegals have jobs. I see people standing up for the illgal while completely ignoring the misfortune of our citizens and placing the illegals first. I do not understand this. It is not that I don't care as I care deeply about anyone who suffers for any reason no matter their culture or color.

To abandone a citizen and his concerns is scary. To have lost a child, husband, wife, brother or sister simply because our laws were not enforced is scary. To many, this becomes personal and they feel passionately about the subject. To be jobless while a foreigner can hold a job and your family struggles or falls through the cracks is frightening.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I know what you mean. But the question we need to ask is, why do the "illegals" have these jobs and not the Citizens? And people dying from someone breaking the law is a horrible thing wether the person commiting the crime is illegal or not. you can get rid of all illegals "theoretically" and people will still suffer the same tragic deaths. No matter how bad the economy is, there is always work to be done, in many instances, it's all a matter of one swallowing their pride, I've had to do that myself a couple of times, and to be honest sometimes I feel bad when I get a job, because I know I am single, no wife or kids yet, and I think, there are families that need work, but why hasn't someone applied where I applied? There is always work, it may not pay the best but there is always work. I know of many people living off their unemployment because it pays more than what most jobs pay, some people work just enough to get unemployment and then get themselves laid off or fired.

But the thing that I see is that it's not a matter of people being illegal, the world has people, you can stamp something on someone and say they are not allowed on a certain parcel of land, but as long as there are people willing to hire them, they will always be there, and in most cases employers are willing to hire citizen and non citizens alike, all they need is for their business to stay afloat, if not then they will either shut down, or have to move over seas. The problem with jobs is that many companies are exporting their fabrication plants to places like China, the price of everything is going up except the pay checks. Politicians give themselves raises, whilst Americans take pay cuts. Illegal immigrants doing labor for cheap means cheaper domestic products.

But it goes both ways, I do not agree with the Illegals that steal identities, and if some manage to scam their way into federal aid I do not agree with that either, but I know for a fact that the majority do not, at least from my own experience, the "illegals" that I know personally.

I just hope you understand my point. Although it may seem i am for Illegal immigration, I am really neutral, I don't care if they are illegal or if they are legal, like the undocumented people that I know, they don't hurt anyone nor do they impede anyone from anything, and they do not take advantage and abuse federal programs, 95 percent I would say are doing things all on their own. Like my father, before the Amnesty in the 80's, He never got federal aid, he paid the hospital bills straight from his pocket when my brothers and sisters were born, bought the building I live in and the house he now lives in, with solid cash, he did not send any money to Mexico, he paid/s his property taxes, and his income taxes, he started making 3 dollars an hour (we didn't have much, we never took trips to theme parks, never went to movies etc.. my dad was very careful with his money, saved and saved, but we lived a decent life).

Some perhaps do deserve to be sent back, but others like my family who are in no way a burden, rather a supplement should be allowed a chance. There are many natural born citizens that are a burden, leech and abuse the system, but just because they were born here and thus by default citizens, apparently they have a right to abuse the system without question, atleast according to them, I know most would not agree they have that "right".

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Jobs being outsourced to other countries have been a problem for many years. Corporations that are here choose to hire at low wages and usually hire an illegal first. There are bills that are being presented to hold corporations responsible. It's always about money and greed. I made low wages throughout most of my working history. Sadly here and in many areas, even those jobs are no longer available. I am living off of my savings right now.

Sadly, we have poor people from all over the world who will never have the opportunity to come here. The focus should be on helping them all where they reside. The focus should be the governments who should be helping their people.

I have known some wonderful illegals who were better people than some citizens we have. Usually it is these kinds of people who do choose to become citizens after a while.

Thank you for your comments and coming back.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Thank you for understanding. Sometimes I do not express myself appropriately, I'm not much of a writer.

And I also believe help should be offered in the country of origin, like being good neighbors. Mexico is full of resources, unfortunately, those resources are exploited and due to corruption, the people don't get a "piece of the pie". If that can be changed, there might even be an immigration reversal.

Times are hard for everyone. Small businesses alike, they have to compete with giant corporations that get their products made over seas. Slowly but surely, this kicked off a while back, but everyone was happy because the economy hadn't been immediately affected by it. The few jobs that there are, perhaps they don't pay much, but at least there are some jobs. I have a problem as far as getting a job, I've been told that BS line of being "over qualified", I never really understood that, I always say the same thing "it doesnt matter, I just need to work"

I just think that the issue is bigger than just illegal immigration. And to be honest, I just see the illegal immigration issue as just a distraction to keep peoples' eyes away from the real issues at hand.

- And to be fair, I have witnessed some ungrateful illegal immigrants acting as though they own the place, and those bring shame upon all immigrants. But it's just a small handful when compared to the greater majority of illegal immigrants. I can not agree to everything that is for illegal immigration, but I also can not agree to everything that is against illegal immigration, as far as the issues go that is.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I absolutely agree with 75% of your concerns.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"Salvador Portillo-Saravia, a member of the MS-13 street gang, was charged with raping an 8-year-old girl at her Fairfax County home last month. But he never should have been in Fairfax in the first place."

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"On December 21, 2010, Washington County Sheriff’s Deputies were sent to the Beef Bend Court Apartments to investigate a report of an 11-year-old boy being molested.

Two days later, deputies arrested Doroteo Perez-Tapia, 54, and charged him with first-degree sexual abuse."

"Since his arrest, detectives have received information that Perez-Tapia has victimized other children as well, and are asking that anyone with information about additional victims call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office Detective Division at 503-846-2500."

illegalaliennewsupdate.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The U.S. Marshals Service is searching for Salvador Portillo-Saravia, 29, a previously deported gang member. He disappeared after police in Fairfax County, Virginia, issued warrants for his arrest after he allegedly raped and sodomized an 8-year-old girl.

illegalaliennewsupdate.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
One child was beheaded and the two others were nearly decapitated by two illegal aliens.

An illegal alien caused 18 year old Trisha Taylor to lose both her legs above the knees.

Sean and his 5 month old daughter Sage were killed by a drunk illegal alien.

A pregnant woman was mudered by two illegal aliens while crossing the st.

A young single mom was brutally raped and murdered by an illegal.

One man was stabed to death by an illegal while protecting his 15 year old daughter.

Thousands of Americans have been murdered simply because our laws were not enforced.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

3 Shot Dead, 3 Wounded in Virginia; Suspect Is Arrested

A 37-year-old illegal immigrant was under arrest Friday after three people were found shot to death and three others were wounded at two houses just blocks apart in the northern Virginia city of Manassas, the police said.

I'm not sure what to say about this next paragraph from the same article

Mr. Alfaro, 37, from El Salvador, had been ordered deported by a federal judge in 2002, but apparently never left the country, the authorities said.

NY Times

Yes, this has to stop. The question is "How?"

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I find it strange that the greatest , most powerful nation on Earth can't secure its own borders. Can't? OR WON'T??

There's a reason the border is left wide open on purpose... is it to de-stabalize? Is it to slowly introduce the NWO's agenda of a 1 global nation, 1 global religion, mixing of ideologies? They must be pushing for the Amero or something...

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I believe that something could have been done a long time ago. There is indeed an agenda, but people are not taking it lying down. There are so many bills trying to go through to stop this insanity, but wether or not the do is another story.

You don't hear a lot of stories about just how many people are losing their lives in the media. It is important that we make others aware.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

The question is how? I wish I had the answers to that one. Besides making more people aware and standing behind the representatives that are trying to fight for us, I just don't know. I fear that if something isn't done soon, things could get a lot worse.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
reply to post by TNTarheel

The question is how? I wish I had the answers to that one. Besides making more people aware and standing behind the representatives that are trying to fight for us, I just don't know. I fear that if something isn't done soon, things could get a lot worse.

And that is my fear also!

What is the use of having laws if they aren't enforced?? And why such an outcry when an attempt is made to enforce those laws??

Madness

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
from the looks of it illegal aliens cant drive.

this topic is so touchie for me, as im canadain and its much worse in the US.
i was trying to think of a way to stop illegals from getting in
first we have to stop giving them visas like wtf?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join