It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Has To Stop Now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I don't know about you but I don't appreciate "taking care" of people who came here illegally when I have a hard enough time taking care of myself and my children! They are criminals, hence illegal alien. There IS a legal way to get into the country, many many immigrants already do it!

Also, if you moved to a country, illegally, that didn't speak your language would you expect them to learn your language for you!? Would you not expect them to be P&(&*) off that you got free health care and benefits at their expense when many of them that live there LEGALLY and have NO healthcare and are barely making enough to survive?

What language IS the official language of the USA?

Hhhhmmm it was originally a conglomeration of native languages.

Then the Illegal Immigrants brought over English, Dutch, Spanish, and French.
Then we imported Africans with their own languages.
Next we brought over some Chinese to build our rail roads.
As we flourished people from Ireland, Greece, Germany, Turkey, Sudan, Etc all flocked to these shores.

Here in Baltimore alone we have a Little Italy, Greek Town, China Town, and numerous other culture specific neighborhoods.

What language do they speak in the Bayous of Loosiana?
What language do you use to order from Taco Bell?

It seems that you do not mind whipping the scape goat who comes here looking for a better life while you are more than willing to take the whipping yourself from your Government, Banks, and Corporations.

I suppose it is easier to whip on those smaller than you than stand up to the big guy. That is afterall, why they point the little guy out to you.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 3-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I order my Taco Bell in English. I say, "May I have one been burrito, please?"

That's a real stretch there with the language thing, IAMIAM.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I order my Taco Bell in English. I say, "May I have one been burrito, please?"

That's a real stretch there with the language thing, IAMIAM.

No it isn't my friend. Have you ever actually been to England and heard the "Queens English"?

It is different than what we use here. Even on this forum you can pick the Aussies and the Brits out of a crowd by their euphemisms.

Travel the country a bit. What you hear up hear in Maryland will only confuse someone in Alabama. Alabama speaks a world of different than California. No one in the whole country can understand creole except them cajuns.

So what Language IS our official language? It certainly is not uniform, it certainly is not English. It is a melting pot, just like America is supposed to be. That should be a complement.

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. "Burrito" is spanish. Just saying

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

First off I don't whip anybody. Secondly the U.S. TECHNICALLY has no official language, note I say technically but the general consensus is that ENGLISH, specifically American English, is the official language.

When all the immigrants you listed came here the majority, the HUGE majority, learned to speak english and you know what? Those immigrants LEARNED the language of their new homeland which happened to be english. They didn't expect others to learn their language because they had something called respect for their new homeland even though they didn't receive free government handouts. Nowadays people aren't getting hired for jobs for not speaking a language other than english! This didn't happen 20 years ago and to deny that would be ludicrous. Hell, people have been fired from their jobs for not knowing the language that new immigrant employee could only speak, whether they be legal or illegal. That did not happen 20 yrs ago.

I live in Erie Pa and we have a little Italy and other "little" ethnic neighborhoods. Those people do not expect others to learn the language of their homeland because they do not any longer live in their homeland. FACT. Let me ask you this, Say you spoke only French, just for the sake of argument, and you moved to a country that only spoke Swahili. You denied to learn their language. Do you think people would lose their jobs, would you expect people to lose their jobs for not knowing your language? Wouldn't that be wrong? Wouldn't it be wrong for them to have to learn your language to keep their jobs that they had before you even immigrated to that country?

Also, it wasn't just the English, Dutch, French, Africans. etc. that built the railroads... Im not going to continue that point because that was almost 200 years ago and times are different hence the immigration laws that are in place but aren't thoroughly enforced. Mainly due to the BS politically correctness.

Seriously? Not all immigrants come to the U.S. illegaly. FACT. A lot of them come here the respectful way, the legal way and many of them take the initiative to learn American English so they can become a productive part of society. I speak my mind against illegals (criminals because breaking the law is criminal) and I speak my mind against the bankers and the government and the corporations.

I understand and respect your point of view and where you were going with your post but do I agree with it? No I do not, not a chance. Especially when I have mouths to feed and I am barely making it (only making it btw from family handouts, hell i'm on my mothers computer) and criminals are getting free government handouts when I am a productive member of society and I am denied this help which would help my children live a better life and Im sure as hell that my two boys will become productive members of society and not criminals. (note I say sure and not %100 positive) I have no problem with helping people, I am a people pleaser but damn come here legally like others.

One more thing, illegals that come here and murder legitimate citizens and commit other crimes like raping 10 year old children only to get deported to come back and do it over and over again. Actual legal citizens would spend many years in prison for doing the same and probably never do it again, although it does happen time to time.
edit on 3-2-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Yes, I've been to England. And to every state but Hawaii. And everyone spoke English. I've been to many other countries, where some did and some didn't, and where they didn't I felt lost. I am more than well aware that this is a melting pot and all the wonderful things that come with that. English was not my first language.

However, we do have a common language here that all can understand and use to communicate, save those who resist for their own reasons and choose not to communicate. That is their choice, but with that choice comes costs.

I'll go out on a limb here and say this country would be a clusterflock were we to attempt to live here and work here and run it with everyone speaking their own language of origin. You probably don't believe in nations and in borders, but even if those were to disappear, we would still need a common language. At least until that day someone invents those cool in-the-ear translation contraptions.

Ever been to the UN and see what they have to go through to make sure everyone understands? That's quite the process.

Apologies for straying off topic.

edit on 2/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
How is it illegal to immigrate anywhere?
Who owns earth?

Wouldn't it make more sense to legalise drugs, share this planets resources, rehabilitate those who are violent from having to fight for their mere survival due to our system of iniquities, and unite as a common people with a clear understanding that we need each other to survive?

What about getting rid of the debt based system of iniquity called money, the system which enslaves us?

Wouldn't it be wiser to turn our weapons into useful products such as maybe surgical equipment, hospitals, schools, housing, and other things which protect life rather than destroy it?

I know I know, can't be done, there is "Bad" people in the world.

Keep your eyes open, the world is changing FAST!!!!!!!

With Love,

Your Brother

It's a lovely thought that we could all live in harmony and could have all our needs met. Everyone would love for that happen however, the reality is that it won't. In the latest video I posted where the illegal guy killed two momen and a child, he was arrested 16 times!!!! There are many illegals who have been arrested and deported many times and keep coming back to continue with their crimes. If you are all for open borders, then you are welcoming this kind of behavior. You are in essence saying that it is acceptable for our citizens to be murdered. If you would be happy in a lawless environment then hey, that is your choice, but it is not mine.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
As for the english language here in the U.S.A. It is the one language that ties us all together. It is a requirement for someone to learn english if they are to be citizens here. It is rude for a foreigner to come here expecting us to learn their language. It is highly insulting to our citizens to be forced to speak spanish just to get a simple factory or similar type of job. It is a slap in the face to have illegals taking jobs that belong to a citizen and if you are lucky enough to have a job, now you have to speak a foreign language? When did I move out of my country?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
You are in essence saying that it is acceptable for our citizens to be murdered. If you would be happy in a lawless environment then hey, that is your choice, but it is not mine.

Come on now, your better than that. This is a red herring and not what I said at all.

I am not for anyone murdering anyone, yet:

We don't seem to mind the tobacco companies doing it.
We don't seem to mind poverty doing it.
We don't seem to mind alcohol addiction doing it.
We don't seem to mind obesity doing it.
We don't seem to mind our soldiers doing it.
We don't seem to mind our Mothers doing it.
We don't seem to mind our corporations doing it.
We don't seem to mind our banks doing it.

Hell we should invite every violent criminal in the world to come join OUR blood bath. Killing is what AMERICA is all about.

It's on our TV's
It's in our movies
It's in our video games
It's in our music
It's in our BLOOD.

Don't tell me we have an illegal alien murderer influx. We are a nation built on blood. We have raped and murdered our way to success. How many people do you think we murder with our own police force over the "Drug War"?

Put the kool-aid down, it's toxic. Open your eyes to what has happened here.

Better yet, just wait but a moment. America has sown the seeds of discord, now it is time to reap what it has sown.

You live in Babylon, and you do not even know it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I understand that a restaurant in Hawaii wants to apply a 15% Gratuity Tax to the bill for non-English specking patrons, their reasoning is, Waiters and Waitress have to pay Taxes too.
Here it is: www.kitv.com... and :
www.staradvertiser.com...

Yes it is common knowledge that patrons in other countries do not tip.

This is a good idea,,,, They could charge you a tax for pressing any other number on your phone when ask, 1 for English and 2 for,, What Ever.
Their banks could charge them extra for printing their bank statement in another language and so could any business. The illegal wants to do business in America, Learn Our Language or Pay!

It's just an idea!
edit on 3-2-2011 by guohua because: Tried to Spell Check.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The illegal immigration issue is most definitely a problem. The extra money put into ELL schools here in my state alone is causing a major budget crisis.

It's impossible to get a job here anymore...either they've been shipped out or an illegal has been hired "because they'll do work that Americans won't"...BALDERDASH!

Border patrol is more to stop the influx of drugs than anything else..THAT is the main priority.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hey Girl, I felt that way for a solid 20 yrs now. You think the elite, that make sure our borders stay open, give a crap about what happens as a result, to you or me, or your kids or theirs. Not a chance. All they care about is the agenda. In this case open borders are a lot easier to translate to a NWO than a sovereign nation. They want that one world government. Dosn't matter what it costs you.
edit on 4-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Hell ya SnF
edit on 4-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Travel the country a bit. What you hear up hear in Maryland will only confuse someone in Alabama. Alabama speaks a world of different than California. No one in the whole country can understand creole except them cajuns.

I have traveled 50 of our states..I can understand the language of each of them. The accent may be different but the language is the same....ENGLISH (American, if you will.)

By the way, the citizens of the Louisiana bayous are called Creole. They speak a French/English language...which can be understood.

edit on 2/4/2011 by TNTarheel because: reword for diplomacy.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Especially when I have mouths to feed and I am barely making it (only making it btw from family handouts, hell i'm on my mothers computer) and criminals are getting free government handouts when I am a productive member of society and I am denied this help which would help my children live a better life and Im sure as hell that my two boys will become productive members of society and not criminals. (note I say sure and not %100 positive) I have no problem with helping people, I am a people pleaser but damn come here legally like others.

Here is the crux of the issue my friend. This is really where your rage comes from. Immigrants have been coming and going across our southern borders since this country was founded. The only reason, the ONLY reason you are enraged about it now is because YOU are struggling economically and to divert the attention from the real criminals, the immigrants are being made the scape goat.

Your Government is the one waging the drug war which fuels the gang violence. Your government is the one allowing the banks to hold you down financially. Your government is the one who is making your life miserable.

Look around you, don't we have resources in this country?
Don't we have factories sitting idle?
Don't we have workers needing work?

resources+factories+workers=production !

What are we missing? MONEY
What is money? The ILLUSION

Try not to get to attached to being "American" my friend. The new term for the age is Man. It is coming and there is nothing that can stand in its way.

Throw down your oppressor and be ready to be liberated.

Just an opinion, and I am not trying to change yours. Hold on for the ride though, it is gonna get a little bumpy.

In the mean time, bless you for working so hard for the boys. I know it isn't easy right now. Draw close to family, bring friends together and buckle down. Try getting a bunch of families together for meals. There is a multiplication affect to more people eating at meals, especially if you have potluck dinners. Have a couple families in your neighborhood get together and each bring a dish for the meals. You will find you food stretches the more that participate.

Times are only going to get tougher for America. I am not saying this for any other reason than for you to be prepared. Be prepared mentally and spiritually.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Your hatred toward illegals blinds you from the truth. Just because you see or hear people speaking Spanish around you doesn't mean that they don't speak English or aren't learning. Despite your fear English is not a dying breed.

From a Pew Center Report ( didn't you cite them in a different thread)

the Pew Hispanic Center has data showing that once those immigrants settle in, they do exactly what previous immigrants do: learn English and, by the third generation (the second one born in the country), lose the home language.

www.economist.com...

Furthermore, you fail to account for the fact that many countries all across this world is incorporating English into their school curriculum.

Here is a source from Wikipedia that they got from the 2000 US census. Says that about 96% of Americans speak English very well or well. Of course you know that the census also includes illegals in its count.

en.wikipedia.org...

They are learning our language....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Maybe in Your City not here and we have the billboards to proof it, By The Way,,, When Did I say Spanish Language?
Yes, I did use that agency in a thread, they appeared to be valid, but you can twist any thing the way you want when your trying to call some one a racist, which is what it appears you are trying to do.

By the way, you don't know me and you haven't bother to try and learn who I am, but you're sure I hate Spanish specking peoples.
I'm replying to a thread with what I know, illegals have no desire to learn English Now or Ever.
Why should they when we have people like many here that will cater to them and open their doors to them and spend our tax dollars to house, educate and feed them, while many Americans are out of work.

English is not my native language, But, I studied for 5 years before coming to America and joining my husband and then I went to Phoenix College and took another 3 years of English and Grammar classes.
Why, I could have come here and continued to speck Mandarin Chinese, my husband understand me and the Chinese Cultural Center is 15 minutes away and I know of a really nice Chinese community here.
But why disrespect my husband home land and my new home land? I'm now studing Accounting and I'm taking classes full time at Grand Canyon University.
I have not shamed my family, illegals have no shame, they don't care about you or your culture.
edit on 4-2-2011 by guohua because: Check for spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Girl, You are a prime example of the way all immigrants should be!
Star for you guohua

You took the initiative to assimilate by learning the language of the American people. Now, if all immigrants were like you we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Your list seems a little low...I think you are missing some.

Well not some...more like millions...millions of Native Americans that were killed by "illegal immigrants" around 500-200 years ago.

How ironic that it is the "illegals" of today that share the same ancestory to those that were massacred so long ago...still to this very day...their ancestral lands are not free for them to roam...and they are called "illegal" on land that was stolen from their ancestors.

How very sad.
edit on 4-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

While I don't agree with everything you say I do agree that we need to throw down the oppressor! I totally understand your point, illegal immigration isn't necessarily the problem it is a by-product of the problem.
And thank you for your compliments to me and my boys.

Bless you too my brother

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Why do people insist on bringing up the past!? It happened centuries ago, get over it! It doesn't relate to today's society and our problems and issues now.
By the way, before the illegal immigrants (I didn't know the Amerindians had immigration laws back then, you left that part out. I guess you learn something every day) destroyed the Amerindians centuries ago these same Amerindians were killing each other!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I didn't say you hate Spanish people. I said you have a hatred for illegals. And if I wanted to call you a racist, I would do so without beating around the bush. But I have no reason to call you a racist.
AS for your English, I am glad you learned and I encourage everybody to learn more than one language. However, I am not for any place in America being a speak English only place. This is America and if I want to speak Spanish than I should have that right. Furthermore, you shouldn't judge all illegals the same. I have known many illegals who have went the extra yard to learn English because they want to be a part of this great country.

You pop up many threads about illegals while ignoring the fact that illegals are only entitled to what your elected politicians give them. I will agree with you that politicians are wrong for doing this. However, they do it in order to keep the attention on illegals rather than themselves. I wish many people would see for what it is for.

I ask you, why hasn't the social security card been made tamper proof seeing that we have so much technology?
I ask you, why haven't politicians enforce the fines on businesses?
Democrats are always blamed for being soft on illegals, but I ask why didn't the Republicans take care of this issue when they had control of Congress?
I ask you why haven't politicians required at least one parent to be a legal citizen in order to get government benefits similar to what is called for on the US income tax?
I ask you why isn't every business obligated to use the E-Verify program the government has?
I ask you why the US visa system still allows people to overstay their visas?

You can cry illegal this and illegal that all day, but until the issues above are addressed you can continue to expect illegals to come. Complaining about what illegals do or don't do isn't going to do the trick.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join