It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have faith will travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Is it just me or do most people in today's world choose fear over faith? I mean people complain and say the world is evil and bad things happen to them but fail to trust(have faith) where life is taking them. What if everything is okay and no matter what happens we will come out safe in the end?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I notice this as well, I also wonder why people spend so much time looking for the "evils" behind the veil instead of a positive outlook. (A perfect example of this, which I have really noticed on ATS, is that people's opinions on things like "HAARP" or "CHEMTRAILS" usually have a negative tone.)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"where life is taking them"
There is only one place life is taking "us"... Death.
"have faith"
LOL!
Faith: Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
So your saying "everything is okay and no matter what happens we will come out safe in the end", even though there is no logical proof or material evidence supporting that?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy

What if everything is okay and no matter what happens we will come out safe in the end?

as much as I wish that were true I strongly beg the differ.....history tends to repeat itself and our history stinks

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by superanon00
Faith: Belief

Stop right there.

Faith is emotional, not intellectual. It is not the same as belief. Even an atheist can have faith; in their case it's akin to what Nietzsche called amor fati.

Of course, Nietzsche went insane. YMMV.

edit on 3-2-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The best way to overcome your fear is to accept your death, it is going to happen one day. As for faith, I have put mine in science.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I reckon my answer could be slightly tipping the scales toward fear for the time coming. Not to say that faith is gone forever. It'll come back along one of these days, some say it's been quietly trickling home for a time now.

We're just worn out is all. Our competitive nature has been pushed to the limits and our souls just can't deal with it anymore. It's like having a catchy tune that you can't get out of your head. Right now we hear the somber melody of fear being whistled and it's too damn catchy.Giving it time is all we can do.
It'll fade eventually, I reckon. Keep an ear out for something different. You might like what you hear.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Like I said, people tend to shy away from faith.

People use their own self defeating beliefs to justify fear instead of faith because control seems more safe.

Faith accepts reality while fear resists it causing a want to change what is.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have faith in my fellow humans. That they are more 'good' than 'evil' and that in the main we have the same needs and drives. Now Ive just got to see through all the govt & media fear mongering designed to keep me needing them. I have to remember that the people who become tptb, though they are in the minority, control almost everything and that they achieved their positions by being the exceptions to my rule.

new topics

top topics

join