It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Droughts, Once in a century event just hit AGAIN !! WORSE !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The once in a century droughts that hit the Amazon in 2005 has in 2010 got even worse and more widespread, with over 20 places in a state of emergency.

If these droughts continue, the Amazon rainforest would almost certainly transform from being a carbon filter slowing our climate change and would instead be a major source of greenhouse gases.

Climate change surely must be happening considering all the freak weather in the world recently, and
Research leader Simon Lewis, from the University of Leeds quoted,

"If greenhouse gas emissions contribute to Amazon droughts that in turn cause forests to release carbon, this feedback loop would be extremely concerning.

"Put more starkly, current emissions pathways risk playing Russian roulette with the world's largest rainforest."

BBC Link

BBC Link 2

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well the moisture HAARP redirected to austrialia had to come from somewhere.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Well the moisture HAARP redirected to austrialia had to come from somewhere.

you are kidding right??

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Funny how a serious post got turned into a conspiracy within the 2nd reply...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Amazon is so Important to life on earth, this aint no conspiracy it is real life, and we the humans of earth refuse to even acknowladge that there is such a thing as global warming.

The world is changing and yet we refuse to change with it, the weather, the natural disasters all just passes us by, we believe everything will be ok tomorrow.

But tomorrow just gets worse and still we refuse to believe.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

Didnt I hear that the ice caps were melting on several planets in our system? Global weather change is obvious I agree. Propaganda global warming tax b.s. i disagree.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

if only harrp was a conspiracy, sadly its a real thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

You are aware that the russians and chinese have the same technology right.I understand a couple of the european countries have it as well.Weather manipulation is easy it's all about the placement of energy.Just incase anyone here cares www.rense.com...
edit on 2/3/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/3/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Not a conspiracy at all. There is plenty of proof that it exists. Here is a recent show from the History Channel called "Thats Impossible". The show is in 5 parts, as listed below:

Part 1: www.youtube.com...
Part 2: www.youtube.com...
Part 3: www.youtube.com...
Part 4: www.youtube.com...
Part 5: www.youtube.com...

HAARP has 'come out of the closet' as it were and is no longer just the lunatic ramblings of those who others think sit around wearing their tin foil hats dreaming of conspiracy.

And it would make sense that water would be taken from one place and essentially moved to another hence, the Amazon being in drought conditions and Austrailia being in flood conditions. I'm not saying that this is FOR SURE what is happening, but I am only throwing out a possible explaination.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

Now there are thousands of dead fish in the Amazon. The news reason doesn't sit right with the locals.

According to the technicians of the Institute the symptoms that occur in this case are the same symptoms of other instances of the genre. The fish are dying putting their heads out of water trying to obtain air, due to lack of oxygen in the water. This deficiency is due to the large volume of ash produced by burned, which is carried by runoff along riverbeds of the wetland.

However, the idea of blaming the ashes of forest burn has no rationale. The residents of the region, they don't believe in this theory. More probaly the poisoning of water by gases would be generated by decomposing organic matter, a process that, in fact, removes oxygen from water. All very natural to some extent. What is not natural in the region is the volume of fish that died from deadly agent

Thousands of dead fish and other aquatic species

Also....more on the drought:

Two Severe Amazon Droughts in Five Years Alarms Scientists

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Do not get me wrong, I have no doubt that HAARP exists but I have extreme doubt that the USG would use it to stage weather warfare.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000
The once in a century droughts that hit the Amazon in 2005 has in 2010 got even worse and more widespread, with over 20 places in a state of emergency.

I did a post on this a couple of months ago when the droughts first hit:

Amazon suffers extreme drought, raises fear of a critical tipping point being reached.

And not only is this the second "100 year drought" in 5 years - it's actually the third in 12 years, as there was another extreme one in 1998. This is particularly freaky-deeky when you consider the fact that 2010, 2005 and 1998 are the three warmest years on record. It's the sort of correlation that has a lot of people worried that the Amazon is right on the verge of a critical tipping point.

Mass tree deaths prompt fears of Amazon 'climate tipping point'

The dense forests of the Amazon soak up more than one-quarter of the world's atmospheric carbon, making it a critically important buffer against global warming. But if the Amazon switches from a carbon sink to a carbon source that prompts further droughts and mass tree deaths, such a feedback loop could cause runaway climate change, with disastrous consequences.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Have no doubt the world is changing , the BIG question is, Are We?

And the answer is No, not only are we not changing and adapting to the world changes, but we humans deny it.
More the fool us !!

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

join