It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Relying on instinct

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ATS is the best site on the planet for serious and informed discussions into all things " beyond the norm " , but from time to time we come across threads that seem just too far beyond the rational .

Here's a tip that was given to me for weeding out some of the more " questionable " threads.

1) Believe half of what you see

2) Believe even less of what you hear

3) Believe absolutely nothing of what you read.

As for Youtube....... I would totally disregard any thread that uses Youtube as source material .

I always try to keep an open mind , but I can usually tell , just by the title of a thread wether it is worth a read.

I would be very interested to read what other members use as filters to get to the truth .

Good luck in the search

Terry
edit on 3-2-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
yep, instinct begotten and relying on Yahushua is the base of truth, from there keep smiling, have faith.....the track record of that book is flawless, and one cannot argue that... research the track record of biblical prophecy in the supernatural AND IN history



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i think you need to be more specific. You basically say some things are a lot of rubbish, but give no reason or examples. And as for youtube videos imediately meaning the thread is rubbish, that statement alone is rubbish as there are many, esepcially scientific videos on things like QED and such on youtube that are very informative and would actually teach you a few things you never knew.

if you are talking about some of the so called poltergiest videos and such then i do agree with you on that one however



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
yep, instinct begotten and relying on Yahushua is the base of truth, from there keep smiling, have faith.....the track record of that book is flawless, and one cannot argue that... research the track record of biblical prophecy in the supernatural AND IN history


I'm sorry , my friend , but I am not interested in, nor do I expect salvation . I am talking about pure instinct and not an indoctrinated one

peace



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
i think you need to be more specific. You basically say some things are a lot of rubbish, but give no reason or examples. And as for youtube videos imediately meaning the thread is rubbish, that statement alone is rubbish as there are many, esepcially scientific videos on things like QED and such on youtube that are very informative and would actually teach you a few things you never knew.

if you are talking about some of the so called poltergiest videos and such then i do agree with you on that one however


I was simply giving my views as what drives my instinct regarding certain things and wether or not I choose to agree or disagree .
Granted for instance , if I wanted to see a review of say a new DSLR , then I would rely on Youtube , because I know the reviews will generally be informative and helpful . I certainly would not rely on youtube if I wanted to expand my belief in the paranormal .

Thank you for your somewhat pompous reply .



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey
 


Yeah relying on instinct is alright but it seems you might be trying to judge a book by its cover.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by gandalphthegrey
 


Yeah relying on instinct is alright but it seems you might be trying to judge a book by its cover.


If the cover of the book says "tright" , then yes you are correct

edit on 3-2-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by gandalphthegrey
 


Yeah relying on instinct is alright but it seems you might be trying to judge a book by its cover.


thats a better way of putting it than i did, but yeah, that exactly what is being done here.

If you don't agree with something its your opinion. If others do its up to them what they believe in. Its called freedom of choice and you and the rest of us should all be able to choice what we believe in, be that reptilian shapeshifters, NWO, or just plain greed, whatever you think is wrong with the world is a matter of choice



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join