It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sugar REALLY Destroying You?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

See now, that is just fear mongering when you claim it causes birth defects.
en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see it has been the victim of hoaxes and many a controversy. Also, seems like there should be way more Brain tumors if aspartame does indeed cause brain tumors.
Maybe it's possible it causes some birth defects but maybe that also has to do with genetics. Being highly obese and diabetic can also cause birth defects... why aren't we banning sugar?

NOTE: My wife loves diet coke. She drank diet coke during her pregnancy and was told by multiple doctors that there was nothing wrong with that. My baby boy has no defects and is as healthy as can be.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

It's not fear-mongering, and you're using very poor logic to argue your case.

The controversy only exists because people are ignorant to where the money flows.

Industry funded studies must be separated from independent studies when performing a non-biased meta-analysis.

The FDA is corrupt to it's core, obviously.

edit on 3-2-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Grape juice is great post workout! As for vitamin water That is one of the biggest gimmicks on the market today! for the longest time i drank a cup of grape juice and took animal nitro (amino acid supplement) post workout! i recently switched back to gatorade the g2 has far less sugar then the original.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Im not about to debate this with you it is pure logic. i was a nutritionist and personal trainer for 3 and a half years. I think i know a thing or two about nutrition

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Right man..... I won't argue that the FDA is corrupt. In fact, I completely agree. But does that mean they want to poison everyone? Maybe so..... seems to me they are doing a good job of it by feeding everyone processed sugar. And, what's wrong with my logic?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The use of the term *sugar* requires more definition since the body responds to different sugars (carbs) differently.

Sucrose

Glucose

Fructose

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Without glucose, your body will enter a state called Ketosis due to depletion of the stored Glycogen.

As has been mentioned, moderation is the key. One thing that I avoid is HFCS and will absolutely not ingest any *sugar* substitutes unless I have no alternative.

Your body has to have glucose/glycogen to function normally. If you don't get it from your diet, your body will create something similar to it from its own protein/amino acid reserves which can be dangerous over an extended period of time.

Maybe I'm over thinking this but since I am not a sweets person so don't really need to watch my carb intake...other than Maltose.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Poison = population control.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

You are point on with this! star for you

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

Yes sugar might not be good for the waistline, but i'll take it over aspartame any day. Picked up a bottle of diet Irn Bru by mistake yesterday, gave me a headache...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
[more

yes yes...so does vaccines and chemtrails and the whole bunch....

Why was I able to conceive a child when both parents have an intake of aspartame?

Look, I am not trying to say aspartame is "healthy" and we should all drink it.... I mean I actually want to quit drinking diet sodas. All I know... is that processed foods and especially sugar is NOT good for you.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well, you say brain tumors should have increased. This statement is an attempt to argue, but from a point of ignorance. The fact is that brain tumors have increased substantially since the introduction of aspartame.

Here's a snippet that notes the 1986-1996 decade period, which I use specifically because this was shortly after aspartame was introduced and also before cellular communications were in widespread use.

In the United States, about 100,000 cases of brain tumors are predicted for 1996, almost double the number of just a decade ago. Of these, about 17,000 will originate from brain tissue and are called primary brain tumors. Secondary (metastatic) brain tumors, those seeded by cancer cells floating in the bloodstream from cancer of the breast, lung, kidney, skin, or other organs, will account for the remainder. (Cancer can spread from other parts of the body to the brain, but primary tumor cells rarely travel outside the brain.) The incidence of brain tumors, both primary and metastatic, appears to be increasing worldwide, especially among the elderly, and no one is sure why.
Linky

I'm glad we agree that the FDA is corrupt.

edit on 3-2-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You just made my point. It is not good for you witch makes it poison. This is the definition for poison In the context of biology," poisons are substances that can cause disturbances to organisms, usually by chemical reaction or other activity on the molecular scale, when a sufficient quantity is absorbed by an organism. "

if you dont need it in your body then it shouldn't be there it is foreign to your body witch makes it poison.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
[more

Why was I able to conceive a child when both parents have an intake of aspartame?

Sorry, but I don't understand this reasoning. You can still have a child, and he may or may not be perfectly fine. We're all born with genetic propensities that may be expressed or not, damaged or not, based on a variety of environmental factors.

Just because you may have a healthy child doesn't mean others aren't being born damaged because of the use of aspartame.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Okay so according to that then processed sugars are also poison.

I mean, just to get back to the topic of this thread (sugar) .... sugar is just as bad as aspartame if not worse.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yow what a topic.People look up the chemical formula for sucrose this is what you body was designed to break down and use as food.Now look up the chemical formula (if you can find it) for high fructose corn syrup. Now see any difference.Thats why one is bad and the other is natural.In moderation sucrose won't harm you.Nor will salt.But these high density sugars like corn syrup will cause you to become fat.Check your labels it's in everything.It takes your body a long time to break down high density sugars,during this time your body will not breakdown fat.And if your body doesn't need the nutrition it will not pass it through the system, it will make fat with it.So now you have a fat making machine called an over fed human body.
Aspertaime is chemical death and is a nerve poision in larger doses.Don't take my word for it look it up and learn.
edit on 2/3/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

If you choose not to believe their are dangers associated with aspertame then there isn't anything any of us can say to get you to change your mind. I'll try anyway. Our government and most of the corporations are only interested in money. If our government was really interested in our health why would they allow cigarettes to be sold? Because they make too much money of of them. They allow nicotine in the cigarettes so that people will become addicted to them so that people will buy more so that our government will make more money. If you ingest aspertame you won't die today or have a tumor tomorrow just like if you smoke a cigarette today you won't die today or have a tumor tomorrow but if you continue to smoke it will eventually affect your health. It's your choice if you choose to gamble with your health.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I agree with you there. But like i said before it is fine in moderation. Far less dangerous in moderation then aspartame. after all your body does need sugar to survive. however it does not need aspartame to survive.
edit on 3-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I'm glad we agree that the FDA is corrupt.

Asking if an alphabet agency (in this case FDA) is corrupt is like asking if the sun will rise tomorrow. I have worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 17 years. There is a reason that I avoid their drugs at all costs.

I've read the reports from the FDA scientists who stated that aspartame should not be allowed on the market. Donald "The Demon" Rumsfeld pulled some strings and here we are.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by comody88

Well... I never said I don't believe there is any danger to it. I will of course say that it's possible that it will adversely affect some peoples bodies.

As with everything...I believe in moderation.

I just think sugar should get the same wrap...because I have seen my own family members be destroyed by sugar...and they don't know why they are overweight and unhealthy.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

moderation is key my friend. of course you will have health issues if you don't watch how much you consume.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join