It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Innovation and UFOs" A Commentary On The Recent Global Competitiveness Forum (GCF) By Stanton T

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

As most of you are aware, Ufology got a positive shot in the arm, (although mainstream media has overlooked it, in lieu of the more common circus events that Ufology is known for) via the recent Global Competitiveness Forum (GCF) which took place in Saudi Arabia a week or so back.

Rather then rubbing elbows with Love & Lighters, Tarot Card Readers and or Shamans; Stan, Nick and Jacques Vallee shared the podium with former presidents, prime-ministers and some of the top business execs in the world.

I asked Stan if he would put the proverbial pen to paper re his experience and he complied:

Many people hearing before the event of the Global Competiveness Forum , have asked for my reaction . I thought it would be useful to set down some Comments:

Although I have given over 700 lectures in all 50 states, 9 Canadian Provinces (No. 10, Newfoundland coming up on May 13) and 16 other countries, (Saudi Arabia was number 17), this was one that ranks very high. I have had much larger audiences (about 2000 several times vs under 1000 in Riyadh, though from about 30 countries), but hardly any so well arranged and with such an incredible group of attendees. There were a huge number of top executives from companies such as IBM, Volkswagen, Google, etc kind of a top line of movers and shakers. There were a number of well known politicians including Tony Blair, former PM of the UK, Jean Chretien , Former Prime Minister of Canada, and William J. Clinton former President of the USA. He gave an outstanding presentation including some recent scientific developments such as the earth-like planet discovered recently around a not too distant star.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello

I've seen some strange flow/idea charts from that fair and now this. I couldn't find any information on their site or regular news that covered this.

Do you have any credible links ? (I'm genuinely interested)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Frank~
Thanks for the great post!
Ive been wondering what went on there..
and Now I have a much better idea, thank you!
You rock, mate.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this.

I find it very encouraging that more prominent and influential citizens of the world are adding their names to the list of those genuinely interested in the topic.

While I normally shun the 'celebrity' angle when it comes to Ufology (since that is where huxterism rears its ugly head) , I suppose that if that is what it takes to get people engaged in the discussion, then so be it!

The more people talk about it, the more it is looked at, both casually and seriously, the less likely it is that we will miss what, if true, could be the most important discovery in the history of our civilization since language....

... and even if it weren't true, could very well lead us to the stars.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Good Day NSC,

Originally posted by no special characters
Hello

I've seen some strange flow/idea charts from that fair and now this. I couldn't find any information on their site or regular news that covered this.

Do you have any credible links ? (I'm genuinely interested)

If you search the site, you'll find the speaker's bio's and mention of the panel that Stan, Nick, Jacques et al were on and not much more I don't think. Our publication of Stan's commentary is the most that's out there currently . . . at least pertaining to Ufology.

Although I have asked Nick to add his voice and he said he would.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good Day Ahmose!

Originally posted by Ahmose
Frank~
Thanks for the great post!
Ive been wondering what went on there..
and Now I have a much better idea, thank you!
You rock, mate.

Thanks for the kind words!

This event is something Ufology sorely needed, and I'm glad that Stan & Jacques were asked to attend. (OK, Nick too). Interesting to note that Clinton spoke about "extra-solar planets."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

www.theufochronicles.com...
Stanton T Friedman: .......I had a similar thought about the Pope’s comments about the same God who made us could have made our brethren in outer space.. getting Catholics ready for the big disclosure? . .

When, where did Pope said this?

Vatican chief astronomer Fr. José Gabriel Funes says belief in God and aliens is OK!
www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-2-2011 by vulcanus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Goo Day Forumerions,

As promised by Nick he offers up his thoughts on his experience at GCF:

I've recently returned from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where I attended and spoke at the 2011 Global Competitiveness Forum. This event - and my presence at it - has generated some rumours in the UFO community and the conspiracy theory community, so I thought I would issue this brief statement on the subject, to explain the situations and, hopefully, to dispel a few misperceptions.

This event is similar to the World Economic Forum in Davos and takes place immediately beforehand, so that attendees can go straight from Riyadh to Davos. This event is organised by the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority and takes places under the patronage of HM King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz. It was attended by Saudi Royals and government ministers, along with Board and CEO-level attendees from top companies including Google, Walt Disney, Reuters, Boeing, Rolls-Royce, Siemens, IBM, Ernst & Young and Rio Tinto. Other speakers at the conference included Bill Clinton and Tony Blair.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

top topics

join