It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Team Severely Beaten, Hospitalized In Cairo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Fox News Team Severely Beaten, Hospitalized In Cairo

www.deadline.com

FOX News Channel's veteran foreign correspondent Greg Palkot and his camerman Olaf Wiig have suffered severe injuries in Cairo while covering the unrest in the Egypt capital. Palkot was badly beaten and Wiig has a possible broken jaw after attacked by pro-Hosni Mubarak supporters yesterday. Both were hospitalized overnight. Out of concern for the safety of its journalists, Fox News kept the incident a secret until their release from the hospital today. In 2007, the same producer, Olaf Wiig, was taken hostage in the Gaza strip with correspondent Steve Centanni. They were released 2 weeks later
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I can't access the video that is included. Could someone please asssit.

Also there is a story where an ABC news team was held against their will.

I guess the decision has been made to get the media as they appear to favor the protestors.

Where will this go? I would suggest the western press get out of town. ASAP like.

www.deadline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add this info from the comment section of this story:

I have confirmed this with another Fox correspondent. Palkot was badly beaten and they worried about his life. He is said to be doing better. Comment by Bill Hoyer — Thursday February 3, 2011 @ 9:46am PST.
edit on 2/3/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

And this was the headline on Drudge Report this afternoon:

ABC News Reporter Brian Hartman Threatened With Beheading

A group of angry Egyptian men carjacked an ABC News crew and threatened to behead them today in the latest and most menacing attack on foreign reporters trying to cover the anti-government uprising.

Source: abcnews.go.com...
edit on 2/3/2011 by anon72 because: Added ABC story link

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hey Anon! Doesn't fill you with confidence does it?

Something big may be in the works, and they are trying to censor the media before they can show it.

After all it is now too late to pretend everything is OK, we know it isn't, all the embarrassing pictures have been broadcast. It's too late to begin rounding up the foreign reporters now.

Which leads me back to the conclusion there is worse trouble to come!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yes - an ABC team was car-jacked and threatened with beheading but let go.

I think this is the vid you are looking for about the beating of the Fox crew

edit on 3-2-2011 by Frogs because: type to fast I do - and leave out words

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
HAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHHHHHAHAAAAAAAAAA

TWATS.....

cmon now...egyptians cant gaurantee their own security...what are these morons going on about.

to ad mubarak is pi$$ed with the forein world especially the west for not backing him....now reporters are looking more like spies and instigators to him then journalists....they will be supressed along with the protestors...
edit on 3-2-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Once Anderson Cooper got assaulted, I knew it was only a matter of time before Faux News did something to trump Cooper's beating. I wonder how much the network paid the news anchor to instigate a fight and get his ass kicked?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Once Anderson Cooper got assaulted, I knew it was only a matter of time before Faux News did something to trump Cooper's beating. I wonder how much the network paid the news anchor to instigate a fight and get his ass kicked?

hahha for ratings lolol
....this is the highlight of the protests me thinks

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Are u kidding A.C. is crying over a few slaps in the face while while these modern day warriors got their faces bashed in and teeth broken. /flex

This Is The Most Reliable and Best News Station In Television History,- The One And Only Amazingly Fair and Super Balanced Fox News. These guys deserve a medal!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is Geraldo with them? He seems to always be in situations where he's getting beat.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's interesting how a U.S. backed dictator is having U.S reporters get beaten!

End Foreign Aid!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Reporting in those countries can be risky even when there is no rioting.

"We thought we were goners," Hartman said later. "We absolutely thought we were doomed."

Word of their harrowing ordeal came in a Twitter message from Hartman that stated, "Just escaped after being carjacked at a checkpoint and driven to a compound where men surrounded the car and threatened to behead us."

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How in the heck can there still be "pro-Mubarak" supporters in Cairo?

The shear numbers of anti-Mubarak supporters would lead me to believe that by now all those pro-Mubarak idiots would either be in the hospitals themselves, run out of the city, or dead.

What gives?

edit on 3-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Just to be "fair and balanced," but without causing all the backlash from the other thread, I will say that my comments from the AC thread apply equally here.

I'm glad they are alive, and I hope they are thankful for their good fortune, and I hope they come out and commend the crowds over there for the restraint they are showing instead of calling them unruly mobs!

In my humble
opinion, anyone that gets out of a situation like this alive, is a testament to the civility of individuals within an otherwise chaotic mob.

Controlled Chaos.

I think I said something similar in the other thread, but it was a little more direct.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Are u kidding A.C. is crying over a few slaps in the face while while these modern day warriors got their faces bashed in and teeth broken. /flex

This Is The Most Reliable and Best News Station In Television History,- The One And Only Amazingly Fair and Super Balanced Fox News. These guys deserve a medal!

You are being fecious? Sarcastic? Frankly I'm just glad Fox News decided to join the party and do some reporting on this story...7 days later. Also what is with the insignificant news reporting they were doing like all last week. Zsa Zsa Gabor and her husband have been hospitalized...what? There is a revolution going on!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
How in the heck can there still be "pro-Mubarak" supporters in Cairo?

The shear numbers of anti-Mubarak supporters would lead me to believe that by now all those pro-Mubarak idiots would either be in the hospitals themselves, run out of the city, or dead.

What gives?

edit on 3-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

I truly am starting to believe that the "Pro-Mubarak" and "Anti-Mubarak" supporters are the same people ...There is a lot that is not starting to add up in all of this.

These riots and demonstrations seem to be about much more than a regime change anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Is Geraldo with them? He seems to always be in situations where he's getting beat.

He brings on his own beatings both literal and metaphorical because he is a flaming mustached idiot...

Heck, I say anyone who can be in the same room with him for 2 minutes without wanting to do so deserves the peace prize for patience.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well if they just beat the crap out of the Fox news people....I would understand. But apparently they are attacking all foreign journalists. I would like to break a few Fox News jaws myself...for trying to incite the same kind of protests in the U.S., playing with the ideas of "Revolution", etc. Fox News is a propaganda machine.

SNIP Fox News, Rupert Murdoch, and all of the corporate demons who dont give a SNIP about the common person.
edit on 3-2-2011 by JRockABM1 because: (no reason given)

edit on Feb 3rd 2011 by Djarums because: please do not circumvent our censors.

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I heard it was 30 pieces of silver, plus 3 extra vacation days. What did you hear?

Jeezus, where do you guys come up with this stuff?:shk:

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Once Anderson Cooper got assaulted, I knew it was only a matter of time before Faux News did something to trump Cooper's beating.

I've got a better one.

You'd think they just say he got assaulted because he was gay.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Originally posted by freedish

You are being fecious? Sarcastic? Frankly I'm just glad Fox News decided to join the party and do some reporting on this story...7 days later. Also what is with the insignificant news reporting they were doing like all last week. Zsa Zsa Gabor and her husband have been hospitalized...what? There is a revolution going on!

I'm poking fun at the ridiculousness of the idea that these guys got paid to be beaten. Common how stupid can you be?
A.C. gets a little boo boo and everyone cries over him.
Then fox reporters get the crap beaten out of them and everyone thinks they deserve it or got paid to do it.
And in case you forgot there were revolutions in several countries and Fox was there before CNN covering those protests.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join