It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To ALL American BASHERS! Read!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Dendro

But you have strange bacon. It bothers us.
Please stop.

Trust me, we find it strange too. It's why we import American Bacon, but the name just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Oh, solutions? Um, stop demanding every 2 seconds to see the birth certificate of your leader on the basis of his skin colour. To the rest of the world that is called racial profiling. How about you stop invading countries that don't want you there and acting like you were invited for punch and pie.

I actually like you guys. If it weren't for America I wouldn't have South Park to put me in my happy place every day.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
I think we should stop hiding behind screen names and 'avatars'.

We should squash the fear. We should network and organize state meetings.

Only then will we see our true numbers.

Many will join once they hear our cause and see how many of us there are. And when I say 'us' I mean just regular people like me, I'm just a store clerk. I, like many on here (ATS) have trouble supporting a government who misrepresents me and seems to rob me on every front.

I

edit on 3-2-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

great idea my friend!

But this will probably unfortunately and sadly never happen as long so many members are victims of indoctrination to hate their fellow human sisters and brothers.

The insane indoctrinated hatred against Muslims and all political hate against people with a different political opinion is a great example of this here on ATS!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

But it would seem that not too many people give a rats ass. They walk around with their noses in the air and could care less. Sad really

What is sad is your inability to realize that we north americans have been walking around with our noses in the air for some time, which makes us an easy target...

I agree quite a few of the threads that do bash on us are redundant as hell - but that is only a reminder that those throwing rocks our way live in glass houses themselves...

Just deal with it dude...or, respond accordingly, but bitchin' about it only attracts more of the same.

link   
Unfortunately for you guys America is the top dog and all the other little dogs will be biting at your ankles. It comes with the territory Im afraid. It maybe ignorant of us non US citizens to take pot shots at your country, but its gonna happen. I suggest you learn to deal with it, because the "why all the American bashing" threads are boring.

link   
Where the hell is Mark Zuckerberg when you need him?

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I had a feeling that after reading what you posted on monts thread that you would post something .As far as it goes I agree with you.Offer a solution or shut the f**k up.
edit on 2/3/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Are the "American Bashing" threads as boring to you also?

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
For the state to get back on the rails, things I would like to see.
1/ Open source implementation of electoral system with fairer, transparent structure
2/ Federal Reserve and IRS back in government hands
3/ End to influence of money in government processes
4/ Removal of all politicians who did not sit through the recent reading of the constitution
5/ End to politicians voting on policy they do not fully understand including all implications
6/ New open and transparent investigation into 9/11 with United Nations support
7/ Disclosure on UFO's and free energy
8/ Integrity restored to Science and Media with end to corporation conflicts of interest
9/ Genetic Modification to come under much stricter regulation of all responsibilities
10/ The corporate and human entities both have basic rights and responsibilities that needs better definition.
11/ To open the workings of the economy to peer review to help build a more sustainable system.

As for what an individual can do, I am still working on it trying to understand where the specific problems are and how best to find a resolution with my limited capabilities.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

EXACTLY. But it would seem that not too many people give a rats ass. They walk around with their noses in the air and could care less. Sad really

I beg to differ. I think most folks do in-fact care. Working paycheck to paycheck sucks, no one wants to do that. Staring at the clock hoping the time will fly by so they can go home, spend an hour or two with their loved ones and then do it again...over and over.....paying to be on a planet that they were born onto.

Most folks do not know who to blame or even if there is a culprit, the "that's just the way it is" mentality.

We need peaceful professional face to face organization to educate the masses and to direct our collective feeling of hopelessness into a hammer of REAL change.

peace

edit on 3-2-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

DUDE! Just for the record... I love youse guyses bacon. Just dont pick on the ants when its the hill that you dont like.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

He has a point though mate. Americans suck! But then again, so do most other folks who make up the nations of this little ball of dirt that we all live on. After all, if we didn't all suck, we'd be living in a utopian society....in which we'd all suck, but in a good way...

Rev

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I will reply. I think that people have got it all wrong on ATS about the "collapse" of the american way. I think that before that happens we will really F&&K some sht up. I am an american and I can tell you one thing the solution will come in due time. There will be some miracle development of some sorts, or we will invade another country for real this time and just take their resources. Of course, for that to happen the shtf scenario will be almost in full effect for this to happen.

Like I have read on ATs from a few viewers, sit back, relax, pop a cold one and watch it all go down. Just make sure that you are prepared to take care of you and your family. We are too far gone to try to talk people in change. It is like everyone is in a comatose state. Prepare yourself screw everybody else(but women and children).

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
There will be some miracle development of some sorts, or we will invade another country for real this time and just take their resources.

And some people wonder WHY some American bashing is occuring? lol!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm not an American basher, but there have been times I have criticized the actions of my country. But I'm not only allowed to because I'm American, I'm supposed to.

I so agree with you. New Rule: Solution or shut up. And that goes for everyone...American or not.

It's easy to sit removed and judge with bias. It stinks to hear your country criticized. No matter what country you're from. To hear people from other places think they know what's wrong with you or best for you or say they could do it better makes you throw defenses up like nothing else can.

But sometimes too, we have our blind spots and we need someone from outside to give us a perspective. Many times those giving us their perspective do so with enthusiasm or arrogance or disdain. But for the most part what they say isn't something too many Americans would disagree with if they could get past the tone (and sometimes even just the title of the thread).

And the most ironic thing of all, is that we all sit in a world of hurt that really not any of us here had much to do with or even noticed until it was tool late or can control by sitting here and typing. Maybe we don't have solutions right now, but we're never going to if we just keep bickering, both nationally and internationally.

edit on 2/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: will I ever manage to submit a post without a typo

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Originally posted by liejunkie01
There will be some miracle development of some sorts, or we will invade another country for real this time and just take their resources.

And some people wonder WHY some American bashing is occuring? lol!

Laugh and bash all you want. You know it is true.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Any nation that arrogantly appoints itself as the planetary policeman , will get a bashing from time to time.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
It's very easy to point out others faults.

...just because its easy doesnt mean it isnt true...

Easy to point a finger and say "he did it".

...sometimes its obvious that he did it - like if he's standing there over a dead body, holding a machete, covered in his victim's blood...

...sometimes its just fun to blame someone / something else... my children's father had a noxious gas problem and used to blame it on my dog...

While you sit, withering away in your mundane lives, heart filled with hatred for fellow humans,

...what was that you were saying about pointing out other people's faults?... oh, yeah - its very easy...

REMEMBER. All of your bitching and complaining ammounts to a hill of beans (i.e. worthless) if you dont have a way to change things.

...i might agree if you had offered a solution along with your rant but you didnt... so, according to you, your rant is worthless... maybe you should rethink your criteria for when complaining is worthless...

In all honesty,

...since it appears that you're not even being honest with yourself about your own flaws, i suspect you might not recognize honesty if it baked you a cherry cobbler..

without a respectable plan, that would actually work, you might as well sit areound and watch your fingernails grow, because bashing on me because im from a place that is different thatn you is pointless.

...i guess that makes sense in "my rules dont apply to me" land...

I am an "average Joe" type american.

...the average joe is a fantasy created by the marketing industry...

SOLUTION OR SHUT UP!

...not exactly a solution, joe...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Did you just say invading another country might be a solution to our problems? That was sarcasm, right? Not picking here, Just checking because someone might read that and misunderstand, particularly if English is their second language.

I'm afraid that this time, barring an alien invastion, there will be no magic bullet, and the only SHTF scenario is probably going to be the collapse of the USD, in which case your advice is sound.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It's very easy to point out others faults. Easy to point a finger and say "he did it". While you sit, withering away in your mundane lives, heart filled with hatred for fellow humans, just because thay are from this place or that. REMEMBER. All of your bitching and complaining ammounts to a hill of beans (i.e. worthless) if you dont have a way to change things.

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Exactly what are you doing HERE?

In all honesty, without a respectable plan, that would actually work, you might as well sit areound and watch your fingernails grow, because bashing on me because im from a place that is different thatn you is pointless.

See above.

I dont like my government any more than you do. I am an "average Joe" type american.

SOLUTION OR SHUT UP!

And THIS is YOUR solution....a thread bashing anyone who has and voices a negative opinion about Americans?

So when will you march on Washington to sort out your government, the one you criticise? When will you shake off the commercial corporate lifestyles you have been bred into so strongly? When will you break free of the Financial institutions that take your homes and every cent they can? When will you say "ENOUGH, I am MORE than an average Joe".

You are not just American, you are moreso Human, we all have problems and we all deal with them differently.

Solution or Shut up you say, but your thread is neither is it?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

And any nation that let them and even encouraged them do this is not allowed to gripe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join