It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Chemical Antidote Packs Distributed for Political Conventions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The CDC is distributing chemical antidote packages to start with Democratic and Republican convention cities of Boston and New York.

Yahoo News
The government is quietly shipping stocks of antidotes against chemical weapons to states under a long-awaited program to boost response to a potential terrorist attack.

New York and Boston, sites of the upcoming political conventions, are among the first areas to receive the "chem-packs."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.nypost.com...
The federal government has rushed chemical-weapon antidotes to New York City and Boston ahead of this summer's national conventions, an official from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said yesterday.

The CDC began sending out so-called chem-packs � large containers of antibiotics and antidotes for a variety of chemical weapons including nerve agents and cyanide � to states four months ago, but expedited the shipments to the convention host cities.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The federal government claims this is a precautinary move and says there is no credible threat of chemical attack at this time.

Related News Sources:
AP - Myway
CDC, Emergency Preparedness Page

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Phoenix]

[edit on 7-15-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 7-17-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Scary information. I guess it's safe to assume that the terror warnings have as a possibility the use of chemical weapons. This is the first time I've read of this ever happening in the USA.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It would appear the government is taking the possibility of an attack on the conventions seriously and with all the ambigous warnings justifiably so.

I am working a slow dial up connection for the moment and may lose connection for a bit so if anyone can help with some links feel free to do so.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Now is this just being used as a percaussionary measure or is this threat actually credible?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Apart from atropine (used on nerve-gas casualties), are there any antidotes to Chemical Warfare agents?

zero lift

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
mabey its time to post what to do incase off an attack im not trying to scare any one but donte leve it to its to late

[edit on 13-7-2004 by leejones]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.clevelandclinicmeded.com...
This is a good website that contains the symptoms of various chemical and nerve agents and how to treat them. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but, I guess it's always good for a little precautionary info.
joey

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift
Apart from atropine (used on nerve-gas casualties), are there any antidotes to Chemical Warfare agents?

zero lift

It's called Protextia made by Montreal based Biotech Company Nexia. Here's the link www.nexiabiotech.com... I really this stuff comes out soon. It hold alot of promise as it protects from both Biological and chemical agents I believe.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
so is this the sort of thing where you'd have to stab into your heart a la "the rock" or "pulp fiction?"

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
No it's just a regular Injection from what I've read. From all the stuff I've read about this stuff through thier annual reports and the peer-reviewed stuff, it will give you about 1 week of protection after the initial injection. Protexia is artificial BChE. Normally BChE is obtained from blood plasma, but the problem with that is, well we have a blood shortage and BChE is only present in blood in trace amounts. Thats where protexia comes in. They have genetically engineered a goat herd to produce human BChE in thier milk (its the same company that is producing spider silk in goats milk).

www.nexiabiotech.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
According to the AP this is what the Chem-Packs contain,

The packs come with a variety of chemical antidotes, such as atropine to fight nerve agents. Some are in autoinjectors for attack-site use; others are packaged for emergency-room use.

AP Story

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is so funny everyone belives this will work [antidote] this info is from the same people who told my mom and dad when they were kids to HIDE UNDER YOUR DESK at school if there would be a nuke attack!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Believe me...this stuff will work...Ive had training through my job in the subject...the packs given are a precautionary measure...thats it...dont go out and pick up junk like this yourself...because many of these...if used improperly...will kill you...in many citys EMS/EMT workers have had these for years...so its not really anything new...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is ridiculous how the government is manipulating the country to get into mass hysteria, probably to make the Democratic convention a fiasco, if Al-Queda wants to gas anybody it will be the Republican convention after all it is bush the one in war with them not Kerry. Right?

And by the way when my husband was in the middle east he was given all kind of antidotes to use in case of biological released, and he said that he did not trust any of those drugs and either the size of the needles specially the one you have to inject in your hart.

He said that he never took any of the pills they were giving him on daily bases after having a reaction to one of them, so he kept them in a drawer until his return to US.

new topics

top topics

join