It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Tell that to the people who need the money.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

We're working on them. It make take a while but change will come.
The thing is everything you say on here is watched and monitored so time is something you do not have much of .
Since ww2 where have we got to by debating ? Nowhere
you all sound like my spanish relatives ... tomorrow tomorrow they say .

Tomorrow never comes until its too late .

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
After reading the op here is the following:
The opportunity has been there constantly for any other country to build a strong economic base to rival that of the US, has always been there. Yet not one country is willing to invest the time, effort and money into doing such. Charity can not be forced, and that is ultimately the difference. The people may not give that much, but in size and willingness, the United States gives a lot.
The OP states about the military spending, however, the question must be asked, do you not enjoy some of the modern conveniences that come from such? We use the computer, enjoy the benefits of the internet. Many life saving techniques in surgery and medicines all came from that very military spending that has been mentioned.
The person mentions about all of the military bases, yet fails to mention, that where the US does have a strong military presence, yet fails to mention, that many countries, have garnered the benefits of not having to have a large military, to include able to spend money on their populations.
Iraq, well the question is what would you have, an unstable middle east, with a ruler who is willing to use unconventional weapons, or a somewhat middle eastern country, with that threat removed?
It was the US that was one of the biggest supporters of the UN, it was an American that wrote the declaration of Human Rights, something that many countries have benefit, and at one time the US was a world leader in domestic output, along with exporting a lot of that food to the rest of the world.
China, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela and Cuba, funny that those countries are mentioned, yet fail to mention, the very freedoms that are enjoyed by the US, is not enjoyed by the citizens of those countries: In all of them, the very ability to speak out against the government is a crime, and many times, those who do end up in prison, or even worse. Seems like North Korea, Iran, and possibly Venezuela, all make aggressive threats towards other countries in the world, to include using of a nuclear weapon against its neighbor. Israel is mentioned, but fail to mention that it takes 2 to have a fight. The Palestinians who are committing acts of terror, are getting their military hardware from somewhere, Syria has launched all out attacks against Israel, and so had Egypt. If your family was threatened or your town, would you not expect your government to take actions, to include acquiring and making allies who can assist.
It is claimed that the United States is an Empire, yet many of the territories that was once controlled by the US has been let go, so where is it an empire, and all of it as the request of the very people who live there.
It was mentioned Afghanistan, yet it was someone who was in Afghanistan, that launched an attack on US soil.
It is mentioned about the rights of man, yet fails to mention it has gone through a large number of changes, as many of the constitutions around the world, to the point where even they have not lived up to what there forbearers wanted.
But if a letter was to be written in response to yours here goes:
Dear World:
We will not go into the night afraid, nor will we do it with you. We will no longer support you, or give aid to anyone, we stand alone. Make no mistake, we will progress, as it was American ingenuity that managed to overthrow the strongest empires in the world. In times past, when something happened, such as a dictator happened to have been marching over your rights, or when a natural disaster affected your country, it was the United States who was there to give and give a lot. We used to have a symbol of freedom and liberty that would light the way around the world. But as we are tired of solving your problems, fighting your wars, and even coming to your aid, it is time we stop and close our gates, our doors and no longer sharing the benefits of the R&D that all of you benefit from. So you do not approach with your hand out, and we will not offer. If your people are hungry, well it is your problem. If your people are sick, well that too is your problem. If you wonder why your country stagnates, or fails to make advances, just think, what breakthroughs could have happened if you just put up with the US, and just consider, what your economies would be like, if you no longer were dealing with the US. From a point of history, it was the US who put a man on the moon, and explored the stars, funny what great event have you done for all of man kind, save stand in the shadows of giants?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Monts

What did you hope to gain by posting this on a CONSPIRACY website where (most of us) are already fully aware of what's going on? Try targeting the IGNORANT part of our country. The part that's already set in it's ways and thinks big brother is watching over us and they're here to help out. Try telling people who HAVEN'T heard any of this before. I for one joined this website because I found there to be a lot of people here who already have their eyes open.

A fair question to ask... but if you look at this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will note that ATS is growing steadily, and there are dozens or maybe even hundreds of people who casually just "happen" upon this website by accident- heck that's how I ended up hear.

More people are "waking up" to the conspiracy that surrounds them, and the point of this thread is to try and rally up these people to "wake up" others- Only after a big awakening can people take the next step.

Sure, there are a LOT of people who are totally ignorant or don't care, but there are also a lot of people who are open to this kind of stuff, but just haven't been presented with the information and are therefore un-aware of it. If more people and more people wake up, and start spreading the word, those ignorant people will find it harder to scoff us off and live in their bliss of ignorance.

Like I said- this thread is to show that it is up to ATS Americans to take the lead and inform other people in their community- make them aware to the corruption that is rampantly present in all facets of the system we live in.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by Monts
What am I supposed to do?

Target the people who run the country?

Dear powers that be:

Please stop your satanic agenda of global dominance and depopulation.

Monts.

I target the American people because only THEY can attack the people who run THEIR country!

Are you freaking serious dude?
Look, it's that easy:

What are the American public supposed to do?

Target the people who run their country?

Dear powers that be:

Please stop your satanic agenda of global dominance and depopulation.

The American Public.

This is going nowhere.

If you have any idea of how an economy works, you would know that in order for the powers that be to stay up top, they need the labor power of the people to keep them afloat.

Labour is the key to all economics- without labor, there are no products (see Marx's writings on commodities), and society will crumble.

A United American people would have the power over labor, which is THE most valuable product. What powers would the powers that be have if no one would comply with and work in their system?

That is just the economic side of the coin... I think if you take the time to think about the point you made, you would realize the other 300 millions sides to that coin that have collective power to create change.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
Despite all that, I'd still rather be an American citizen (which I am) than a citizen of any other country. It's possible to do awesome stuff here; it's safe; we're a rich and powerful country; and our quality of life is high. Capitalism has raised more people out of poverty than anything else, ever. No other system is as successful as ours, even though we're not perfect. No system is perfect. Things aren't bad enough here for the population to do anything about it.

Use 'was' and 'were' in place of 'is' and 'we're' and you're on the right track. Capitalism has not raised people out of poverty. If anything,it has lowered standards of living in many parts of the world through greedy corporations,shady governments and a lack of understanding of how people are exploited in the name of Capitalism. Just ask all of those resource-rich,money-poor countries who were hood-winked into taking loans from the IMF and the World Bank and are now plunged into a state of grinding poverty and sweat-shop labor. They were forced,in turn, to give up their resources and infrastructure because they took loans that cannot be repaid. All so you can have lots of goodies on the store shelves at rock-bottom prices brought you by your favorite successful brands such as Nike.

The Romans had a system for more successful than America's and it lasted a hell of a lot longer. The beginning of the collapse started when Caesar took power and began stamping and controlling his own gold coinage.

And lastly,America is safe? Who are you trying to kid? Safest compared to what? Have you seen what's going on over these last 5 years or so?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
All Im say'in is I think somebody needs a nap. I mean seeing he has ignored my every post. OP!
edit on 3-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigma91
Tea party starts trying to bring the country back to founding principles and ideals, away from what it is right now. And you eurotrash do nothing but bitch and complain about the tea party and americans. You can't have it both ways. Listen less to your brainwashing media and start thinking for yourselves.

America won't go back to what it was by following liberalism. Though you wouldn't mind liberalism trying to cut the US down to your level.

The tea-party is a great idea... unfortunately it has been Hi-Jacked by the Republicans.

Ever since Sarah "refudiate" Palin gave her first speech at a tea party convention, the "official" movement lost all credibility in my mind

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Its all been said before and action is being taken, just don't expect it to happen overnight. So unless you have something original to add, lead, follow or get out of the way. Its a world-wide problem, not just ours. So, until you realize that, crawl back under your rock and stop bothering us that are working towards a solution.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
We are paying """4 BILLION DOLLARS A DAY""" just in interest to Criminal Banksters......

link   
reply to post by Monts

Dear Monts,

Stars, flags, subscriptions to you!
If i was a mod i would also pay an applause as every mod here should to you.

I have nothing to add as you express my views thoroughly.

I an NOT antiamerican and i love the american peoples,
what i dislike is exactly what you help putting into perspective.

Great Job,
Thumbs up!

All the best, and may the future be good for you, me and all of humanity.
It certainly will not if we keep heading the present way...

Best Regards,

George.

p.s. you just made it to my friends list with a single thread and by the means of a truthfull and well meant person.
Bowing to you Respectfully for you contribution. A new friend

edit on 3/2/2011 by GEORGETHEGREEK because: removing a misspressed 9 within a word

link   
Goodie yet another Israel hating, American hating intellectual who lives in a country that probably would be under NAZI control today if it weren't for us terrible Americans, lol.

Your welcome lol.

link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Things take time. You work every day and things will change. Do you think slavery ended over night? Did women get the right to vote over night? Did the 40 hour work week or minimum wage come over night? How long did it take to get education for the average citizen?

Fights take time. It takes a little action every day to get to the goal. You don't go blow up a building or march on Washington and get change in the morning. Sorry you don't understand how things work in the real world. Try reading a little bit of American history.

The American Revolution actually started well before 1776. North Carolina actually fought the War of The Regulations from 1760 -1771. The American revolution it self was a process slow in coming that took decades to reach full steam and acomplish anything.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Monts

I see your point... but since when do Canadians have any kind of power to change US policy, even if we were to form a government that wasn't pro-American?

The answer is fairly simple to me. As a Canadian, don't try to change U.S. policy. You can't do it, and it will only get you all riled up - oh, too late.

There must be some issue(s) closer to (your) home that could use your good intentions.

And in exchange, I promise I won't create any ATS threads telling Canadians to engage in any sort of activism in order to change Canada's healthcare system more to my liking.

edit on 2/3/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

There are issues in Canada I care about, and have put my good intentions to use.

I'm not personally trying to change US policy... I'm trying to get ATS Americans to get up and start changing the policies that I see destroying the world.

I see so many intelligent, passionate, patriotic and hard-lined individuals on this site that I see as being the leaders that communities need to bring them together and make a stand.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Monte

Imagine if US citizens put that money towards getting rid of their debt and re-build their country- not saying that's the right thing to do, but I'm sure a lot of conservatives would agree with that premise.

Sounds easy enough dosn't it? Do you have any comprehension of the mechanics involved in bringing something as simple as that to fruition? You're not even real.
edit on 3-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I'm not real?

Well I guess does make sense as my comment you quoted was more a double-edged poke at conservative values... not for real

edit on 3/2/1111 by Monts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Monts

well in both wars we americans, had to come save your and the brits butts in both wars.
if it wasn't for the u.s. who most of it's citizens did not want to have any part of either war.
the whole world would be speaking german right now.

Lol...

All the US presence did to end the first world war was demoralize an already exhausted German war machine. Both sides were ready to give up- Germany biffed first so they payed the price.

As I recall, it was the Soviets who encircled Berlin and capitulated the Nazi's- not the US. And it was thanks to the brave heroics of British and Canadian pilots that Hitler had to cancel his plans to invade Britain and invade the USSR instead- before the US even entered the war.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Yea, we here a lot about the Canadian military. Do me a favor and thank them for me, both of them.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

You would not have made it past France without America. You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by Monts

I'm not trying to say America is the worst empire that has ever existed

From the first post in this thread.

the most powerful and ruthless empire that has ever existed.

No you never technically said we were the worst ever. You just said we were the most ruthless bullies on the planet and that we support the most violent country in the world. Double talk doesn't make twice as much sense.

You are presently the most powerful and ruthless empire in the world- and seeing as how this is the first "globally connected" world we have witnessed, that qualifies it as being the most powerful and ruthless in history.

Evil is connected with the "worst empires", not the most powerful- and is an attribute saved for genocide...

Yes we support some evil people. So does Canada, England, France and dozens of other countries. We have a lot of problems, but you really need to look in your own back yard. The difference is that a lot of people in America want to pull back and stay out of foreign affairs. Despite our government's actions the American people are very much isolationist. We don't want an empire. Unfortunately the state department and big business saw a huge opportunity after WWII. There was a power vacum and a manufacturing vacum. They took advantage of that under the guise of humanitarian aid.

The people went along with it because we wanted to rebuild Europe and get home. Unfortunately things did not turn out the way we wanted. The state department was working to protect big business while telling us it was about freedom. Given the fact tat we had just finished a war that destroyed two evil empires we believed it. Unfortunately the government recieved the benifit of the doubt for three decades. They had a long time to entrench the empire.

During that time the Russian empire emerged and we really did have to fight against the spread of communism. Basically we had to protect America, and most of reconstructing Europe, from people that were just as power hungry as our business leaders and bueraucrats. They would have happily wiped us out to spread their power and extract wealth from the third world. They would have done it in ways that make our actions seem benign in comparison. We entered the cold war and stood in the breech as the world's protector. Unfortunately by the time it ended in the 1980s we had forgotten how to make a dollar during peace.

Americans actually understand this. Well, many Americans. Many of us do march, write letters and spread the word. The fact is that we are fighting a bueraucracy and power structure that had 40 years nearly unchallenged to set it self up. Americans grew relatively wealthy off of it and didn't think to question it for most of that time. Now, they have spent a decade waking up. The Tea Party was the first sign that there is true hunger for change.

In other words give us time and work on your own problems. We know our history and our problems. We're working on them. It may take a while but change will come. That has always been the American way.

(Before anybody says it, I know the Tea Party has been infiltrated and taken over by neo-cons. It had a strong and vital begining though. It shows that there is still hope.)

edit on 3-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

You just summed it all up in one of the most brilliant sum-ups I have read.

People like you need to stand up, lead, and get things like the tea-party (but free of corporate fingertips) going again... and it is people like you that my message in the OP is directed at!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

Leave Canada's military alone. They have done their bit along the way. Plus, what could be tougher than lumberjack comandoes?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join