It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
I still see this thread getting flagged like crazy. Funny how noone will spit out any answers to HOW we are supposed to change, just good ole' American bashing. Thats all there is to see here.

You dont like your bedrrom - change the color = paint it
You dont like your corrupt government - ? = ? (

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I concur.

Said the same thing at this thread: ATS

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Here we go again....

Where to begin?

In these threads there is always so much pompous self-righteous, affected, complacent, egotistical, hypocritical, pious, preachy, sanctimonious, self-satisfied, superior holier than thou badly written anti US rhetoric and mumbo jumbo spewed out in a single thread usually supported by internet voodoo pop culture misrepresentations and fallacies such 865 KNOWN military bases. What they fail to mention is that among those numbers are US Embassies and their small Unit of US Marine Guards...

It's always hard to read this trash without hip waders while attempting to arrive at the little or no real point other than their rant while they stomp their feet whine and point fingers meanwhile taking literally everything out of context with lack of any real supporting evidence. In cases such as this it's almost always a non American who just loves throwing stones.

Does the OP have any answers? nope none. They seemed more interesting in getting their version of events across while ignoring any and all other contributing factors. Attempting badly to lay at the feet of the US all the worlds woes while they themselves not contributing one idea on how to do things better.

So we are an Empire?

The worse one the world has ever seen?

This is from a sanctimoniously, smug, self-satisfied, pious, pompous loud mouth individual who is sitting in a country which was created by the WORST empire the world has ever known. They have the balls to pout and point fingers? Yeah sure why not. Hypocrisy runs ramped here at ATS.

I'd suggest the OP actually crack open a real history book or two and roll up their sleeves and read about how the Empire that created their country once acted or all the other European powers for that matter. If it turns your stomach so much then why aren't you out there defending Afghanistan or Iraq?

If the world doesn't like the way we have handled things then have them get off their collective arses and do something about it. You don't like the Idea of the US being a world police?

Well if they "EU/Asia" or any of the other remaining industrialized nations would grow a pair and help us out more then we wouldn't seem to be the only ones out there. [World Police] It's not just our interests we have been protecting but most of the G-7 nations. Remember them? Now that it went to G8/G20 now a strong US isn't fashionable. It's funny when everybody needs help who's the first one they call when it serves their interests? But when it becomes politically incorrect to support the US we get thrown under the bus and all the things that supported the EU/Asia's rise in peace, stability and wealth is now thrown on our laps as proof of our evil empire.

As far as that demonstration of the most horrific things. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were small potatoes compared to the fact that we were already destroying a city a day in Japan with conventional bombers. May I remind you that we weren't the ones shoveling men, women and children into ovens or gassing them by the thousands nor did we try to exterminate people on the eastern front or later behind the Iron curtain.

Were we the ones butchering hundreds of thousands or more in China? Not to mention turning thousand of Koreans into prostitutes to serve the imperial army of Japan. Wait! Let me ask you this since you seem to know so much about history. Who exactly supplied weapons in lend lease? Then threw themselves into battle to help liberate Europe and Asia when they weren't our fight? Then later supplied Europe and Japan with the means to rebuild themselves after WWII?

Let's fast forward to the Cold war. Yeah the rest of the world enjoys it's lifeline of oil [Just don't ask how it got there] and commerce on the high seas and as long as it flowed everything is OK. Lets not consider who stood watch when Europe couldn't really stand on it's own against the overwhelming Soviets and Eastern Warsaw pact countries. Who was it again they turned to? Shall we talk about the Berlin airlift? Under American influence the world has reached the highest standard of living the Earth has ever seen.

Now that everybody has that highest standard of living and have lived in peace [Europe/Asia] for the longest period in recent history. Now all of sudden let's attack those Arrogant Americans. Yeah we are down. Now is when we will know who our real allies are. We faced the communist Chinese in Korea. The Koreans are still divided. The South is one of the wealthiest and most advanced societies in Asia, [Not to mention Japan and now China's rise] while North Korea is a Nuclear armed outcast. We won the cold war. China is now capitalist and the Soviet union is gone. You live somewhere free and can speak your mind freely online.

When you finally pull your head out of your backside think about how the world would have been under Communism. We have a very real history of how they handled Eastern Europe or China under Mao. Stop making embarrassing and unfounded statements may I suggest a trip to a library of your choice and actually cracking open a history book.

Instead of all this lip flapping BS.

What gives the US special status?
American Boots on the ground! Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and now Afghanistan. Unlike the former Soviet who fought theirs through Proxies. It wasn't until they joined the fun in Afghanistan that they knew what those proxies cost! We held the line! Our hands are bloody but so are everybody Else's who are now enjoying the fruits of a free and prosperous Earth. Europe, Asia, Africa, Central and South America. Esp those countries who now appose us and the US dollar.

Brazil, Russia, India and China! If it wasn't for the American Blue collar worker [Joe Sixpack] buying their products and services they never would have flourished!

Joe sixpack AKA Average American

Semper Fidelis
edit on 3-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Your very good with your adjectives Slayer, thank you.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Good opinions

PS: are you foreign?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seems like the OP would've been much happier living in a world where the only superpower is either China / NK / Soviet Union / WWII Japan / Nazi Germany / Iran.

OP! I think instead of whining on and on and on with seriously big walls of texts, you should atleast *add* a probable solution instead of bashing "ALL American" people, as you put it.
Until you do such a thing your rant is indeed useless.

I'd also happily answer your silly criticism on Israel and Gaza but I just know it will hijack this thread and will instantly steal the focus from the main subject, so I'll stay quiet for now. I'll just say that it's nice to see that while the Middle East is basically on fire, Arab homelands are imploding one after another, proving they don't even deserve to be called modern countries with modern rule, you choose to pick out Israel which is basically the only Democracy in the Middle East.
Obviously unbiased.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Honestly, I wish just for one year we could pull back all of the American “imperial forces” call in all our debts (I think we have forgiven a lot of debt in our days.) – pay our own; fence up the borders and allow no one in or out including commerce.

Sure it would be an adjustment period for us here as we have indeed sent all our manufacturing overseas but I really believe that in the interim transition period we could do without some dollar store kitchenware and toe nail clippers while we sort things out.

Last I checked we had everything we needed right here in our borders.

However, I wonder how things would fare outside them?

Without our foreign aid many people would starve and I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that shipping on the open seas will become an issue pretty quickly for other countries.

Further, every tin-pot dictator would make a grab for the nearest source of revenue. Who is going to stop them? Spain, France, oh or perhaps Libya or Sudan….

I would be quite comfortable with that arrangement.

edit on 3/2/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Time to start a "Hate America" forum for threads like this?

"Hey Monts": For the poor Afghani unfortunates who eat sand while we "fat oppressive Americans"throwaway a months worth of food every week:

"Get off your skinny butts pickup one of the several million AK-47's around you and get rid of your oppressive mullahs and leaders who would have you personally strap on a bomb vest; while they steal the crumbs from the bowls of the bloated children.

AndAll that foreign aid and all those bases add immeasurably to local economies the world over; we are what did you say? 10% of the worlds population? We're getting a little weary carrying all your butts around.and fighting your wars.(keeping you thirdworlders from cutting kids arms off because their grandma came from a different tribe). puz:

edit on 3-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

You are missing the point my friend.

This is not a "Hate America Thread".

This is a "Wake up to the monster your COUNTRY has become, AMERICANS!".

What do all conflicts stem from?

A lack of resources and unfulfilled needs.

There is more than enough resources to go around the world, but their is such an imbalance of distribution and western countries like the US metaphorically hog and control everything- keeping the rest of the world in a constant state of need.

It's not like you control were you are born- if you are born in Canada- you grow up rich. If you are born in Somalia, you grow up poor. Totally out of your control.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
It's not like you control were you are born- if you are born in Canada- you grow up rich. If you are born in Somalia, you grow up poor. Totally out of your control.

WTF do you expect the American people to do about that?
Ever asked yourself how rich is the ruler of Somalia in contrast of an average Somali person?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Hey there. Im a normal "averave Joe" type American. Work, house, the whole nine yards. Please do tell.... EXACTLY WTF am i supposed to do to prevent this crap? Ive been waiting for a response for a while now. You want me to go out in the streets and start yelling or some crap like that? Show me how to unite the MASSES and I'll show you how to change a NATION. Other than that. Good thread.

MOTF!

To you, and everyone else on this thread complaining about me not telling you "how" to change, you obviously didn't understand the last part of my message.

ORGANIZE community meetings... if you go to church, rile up your church friends and organize a meeting to discuss what is going on.

Post message in bulletins, posters on walls, even news ads (if you have money), informing people of the corruption, and pointing them to sources of information (like ATS) where they can learn about the system and how it is destroying the US and pulling the world down with it.

Any revolution that happens goes through phases, and the one that is taking place right now is in the crucial beginning phase: THE AWARENESS PHASE.

Most people simply don't know what is going on, and haven't taken the time to do their own research. They aren't aware of how bad things are, about the obvious conspiracy that is right in front of their faces. If everybody were suddenly and simply just made aware of all the information present on this site, there would be a total shift in consciousness.

A lot of people are more open to this kind of stuff than you would normally think- it is why ATS is growing at the rate it is; people are becoming more aware.

That is why it is up to people like YOU, (i.e., americans reading this thread right now), to be the current leaders of the AWARENESS phase of the revolution.

Inform people of the true corrupt nature of our reality is really all you have to do right now. If you help spur this knowledge with community, as I mentioned above, people will naturally want to talk to people in their community about this, and groups of people against with an anti-elite agenda will naturally form.

THAT is how you start the change, RIGHT NOW!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Sweet, Canada doesn't have poor people! I didn't know that, but that's a neat fact there

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by indianajoe77

Are you going to believe that you don't have any rights simply because some group of psychopathic people dressed up in fancy clothes wrote down on a piece of paper that your constitution is void?

When did the US constitution become "void" and by who?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

WE ALL HAVE INALIENABLE RIGHTS! The first constitutional document, La Déclaration des Droits de L`Homme et du Citoyen (Declaration of the rights of man and citizens), was a declaration of the inalienable rights of not just French citizens- but of the rights of EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THE PLANET.

Read your wiki article. It excludes women's rights and/or slavery. Additionally, these only applied to "citizens". And it was not the first constitutional document in the world. Maybe in France, but the Articles of Confederation at least preceeded it, if not others.

I should have been more clear- these were the first documents that proclaimed specific, in-alienable rights that ALL people posess. Although slaves and women were not mention, this document led to the abolition of a monarchy and the creation of a republic. However evil and short-lived the first French Republic was, it none-the less set the precedent for future constitutions and republics.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I am all in with you on this one. Let America transition in to a completely isolated country. When Somalian warlords start stealing humanitarian aid and NGOs start going belly up people will finally have a real reason to complain.

We give more aid than any one, but it still isn't enough. We control 20% of the worlds economy, but it is our fault if the other 80% doesn't pull their weight. We spend billions on the military, but a lot of that stuff is sold at discount to friendly countries. We send troops to stop genocide and when we don't run off in a month we are called occupiers.

We went to Haiti to help after the earthquake. Within days there were posts from around the world calling us occupiers. We were demonized for going to help. We were raping the country and blah, blah, blah.

I don't agree with the war in Iraq. We make a lot of mistakes and do some less than savory things. However, nobody else has done as much for the world in the last sixty years.
edit on 3-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
"Monts hates Americans" America is imperfect;America is wasteful;America is responsible for ALL the worst in the world. YAADA YADDA....

Have you people even read the entire OP?

Where have I said that I hate Americans?

I live in Canada, and although we may be better off than Americans, we still have a HUGE amount of problems, and I would most definitely be a hypocrite if I claimed that Americans are ignorant, wasteful, and apathetic people compared to us.

Did you not notice the praise I gave Americans toward the end of the thread?

I have every single bit of confidence that America can again become one of the best countries in the world, and a true respectable leader in the area of geo-politics.

Even the belief of the ignorant masses that America is defending democracy and rights, and is working towards a better future is grounded in the fact that the elite have convinced them that what they are doing is right. Americans want the world to be as great as America- they are all for democracy and world peace, just like most of the rest of the world.

They just need to wake up and realize that their blind faith in their totally corrupt system really has their values and ideology inverted upside down (search Marx's camera obscura).

My thread is NOT about hating on Americans- it is about hating on the system that Americans have allowed to take control of their lives, and to point out to them how corrupt it is and how they must change it.

My message to Americans is "wake up and do something", not "I hate you all because of what your government has done"

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Well everybody's yawning.. and will continue to do so as long as they can buy a Big Mac and get online without hassle... we're spoiled rotten lab rats, and until someone REALLY rattles the cage, nobody will give two hoots.

Americans are like fattened up pigs standing outside a slaughterhouse, with a sign that reads "This Is Not A Slaughterhouse, Go Back To Your Troughs, Nothing To See Here"

Sad, but true.

Couldn't agree more...

All the members here posting about how they've seen this written many times before and don't care or think it's necessary are the ones I am calling out in the first place.

If they stop yawning and actually DO something, then these threads will stop popping up.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OMG being a REAL patriot means admitting if your country is not perfect as well as being proud of its good attributes.
The op is not attacking you ! just the principles of your goverment that are ALSO shared by the uk canada europe western world in general .
You know , the principle of invading and pillaging any non western country .
Remember there are many nations represented in this fake depopulating war .
If you Americans stand up to tyranny then canada uk etc will follow suit ..

America could be the superpower that stopped the NWO !
now THAT is something a PATRIOT would be proud of!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I understand your point here...

I think though that the US is the first proverbial "domino" in the chain though.

You have to start somewhere to dismantle the system, and seeing as how the US has the largest military, and makes the most guns that are put directly into the hands of warring countries, it seems to me like it is the best place to start

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
To everyone who is awake .
It only takes ONE person to make a change , this forum is full of people i consider leaders ,
Surely ONE person can say "you know what ? stuff this im goin to start a protest " ONE of you is all it takes to start the snowball effect , ONE person becomes 2 2 becomes 4 etc .
Is is it so far fetched to think that the USA has 1 million people that are awake ?
No so come on , ONE of you start this . TPTB owe us big time
we are ready .
ONE of you lead the way

Thank you for doing exactly what this thread is all about-

Stop sitting around and waiting for someone to make the change... be the leader and MAKE the change!

When I look at the future, if things are going to turn out good for us, I see ATS as being the source of some of the best leaders to take on the system.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

But the heart of the beast- the central processing unit of the machine is America.

If the American branch of the machine falls, the rest will crumble along with it.

No. You are mistaken.
The United States takes orders.

My metaphor is about the machine itself- not about the programmers.

I showed in my OP that the US is by far the biggest military spender and most powerful country in the world. If Americans take back their country and stop "taking orders" from the vatican, than who will the vatican turn to?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Everything you have written has been written a hundred times already on this site... great work.

*yawns*

So what if it was written a 100 times before ,why did you even respond for the 101 time,why even make a comment like that if you wasnt going to say something positive.
'yawn' 'shaking head left to right'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join