It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
That alone would cause the economic collapse of the USA.

And do you think that the economic collapse of the US would only effect the US? That every other country on the planet would march on, leaving the US to wallow in despair?

Sorry, Ace. The US goes under, a lot of other countries will follow us down the bowl; probably including China.

How much of China's exports are bought by the US? If the US stopped due to an economic failure, do you honestly think the rest of the world would be able to pick up the slack?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Interesting point in the OP about US military bases around the world.

I wonder how Americans or the US government would feel about having a foreign country's military base on the American mainland.

Any Americans care to offer your thoughts or feelings on this?

P.S. I live in Australia and we have US military bases here and Pine Gap.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
and i wouldn't want to live anywhere else

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

And do you think that the economic collapse of the US would only effect the US? That every other country on the planet would march on, leaving the US to wallow in despair?

Sorry, Ace. The US goes under, a lot of other countries will follow us down the bowl; probably including China.

How much of China's exports are bought by the US? If the US stopped due to an economic failure, do you honestly think the rest of the world would be able to pick up the slack?

You are overestimating US impact in this post. The global economy would be impacted if the US economy collapsed but it would recover.

The majority of China's 8-9% p.a. economic growth is due to domestic urbanisation - not exports to the US. The majority of China's exports go to the global economy not the US. The US may be China's biggest single customer, but US exports are dwarfed by exports to the rest of the globe.

China has been an agrarian economy but is rapidly industrialising. China is building a city of 4 million people every month. The backbone of the Chinese economy is being fueled by people moving from rural farms where they generate no income to the cities where they get jobs and start spending money on consumer items.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Medusa16
and i wouldn't want to live anywhere else

Well sure you wouldn't. I'm sure you wouldn't want to live in the areas of the world that have extreme poverty, disease and starvation. We love it here so we can sit around on our fat butts while we WASTE the very food that could be feeding those people!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Never said guns were the solution i was stating we dont have the biggest arsenal of weapons in the world for nothing.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Reflection

exactly....

I think each of us live in our own little idea of what America is.. Not all of us have the ideal white picket fence, TV every night, nostalgia with a popcorn bowl... Some of us actually live, and work our arses off, appreciate our neighbors, take care of those in need, and eventually retire to an evening of indulgence with our favorite bottle of wine and ATS..( I've been a lurker for a while, but I got tired of just reading

Some people live an America they hate. They see only what they want to see. I choose to live in an America where I can be free to make whatever choices I want. Food in my belly that I pay for with money that I earn from working a great job that I choose.

It is what you want it be. Isn't that what this place is all about?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
You are overestimating US impact in this post. The global economy would be impacted if the US economy collapsed but it would recover.

And so would the US.

The US may be China's biggest single customer, but US exports are dwarfed by exports to the rest of the globe.

Which means if the US tanks, there will be a lot of Chinese saying, "Damn, now who's gonna buy these Xboxes?"

And as you said, the Chinese export to everyone, which sort of makes me laugh when ATS posters scream, "The US is a slave to China!!"

China has been an agrarian economy but is rapidly industrialising. China is building a city of 4 million people every month. The backbone of the Chinese economy is being fueled by people moving from rural farms where they generate no income to the cities where they get jobs and start spending money on consumer items.

Wonder who's going to grow their rice for them after that?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Medusa16

I wouldn't exactly say America is what we want it to be. I think the word freedom sometimes gets a little misused. The only real thing we have freedom of are our choices. The amount of choices you have, usually has to do with how much MONEY you have. So the higher up on the pyramid you are, the more "choices" you have. And the ones that have the most choices usually base their choices on getting higher up on the pyramid than the ones farther down on the pyramid. This is why the middle and lower class spend more time on average volunteering than the rich portion of society. Problem is though, that the middle and lower class don't have nearly as much money/choices/freedom as the rich to use for the betterment of humanity. It's a bit of a conundrum we have at this juncture.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

And sorry to you chump, of course I realize that. Did I say anywhere else it wouldn't? We in Canada will be hurt the most as 90% of our export based economy heads south of the border.

Tell me somthing I don't know.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

And sorry to you chump, of course I realize that. Did I say anywhere else it wouldn't? We in Canada will be hurt the most as 90% of our export based economy heads south of the border.

Well, Ace, you could have added that in your post, but it's no big deal.

To sum it all up, if the US goes belly-up, there will be a whole lot of countries that would be "embracing the suck" afterwards.

Tell me somthing I don't know.

Well, you didn't spell the word, "something" correctly......

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Okay, what do you suppose we do about it? There is nothing the average American citizen can do as those who are in power or those who are in the running for power can only be chosen provided they are corrupt in run in that circle to begin with. Things are so out of control now, there is nothing American can seriously do. The time to correct it was the 60's, before many of us were even born. Many tried but they failed. That's why the 60's was the most instrumental decade in America's history. What we have today was born in the 60's. Or one can say it was born shortly after WWII and really took hold in the 60's and is now here to stay.

Since the dawn of mankind, civilization, what has separated the world's elite civilizations from the rest? That's right, a powerful economy and an even greater military force. America has both. Other countries need to 'quit hatin' and realize that America has everything in place to ensure it remains on top. People can talk about the economy but that military will ALWAYS be the best in the world. That will never change.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

What can we do about it?? We are the ones that the military consists of. We are the ones who value and buy the products that support the system. WE ARE THE SYSTEM.

What it's gonna take is for us to start challenging our ideals and values. Questioning and thinking for ourselves, instead of basing our ideals and values on blind faith.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

ORGANIZE community meetings... if you go to church, rile up your church friends and organize a meeting to discuss what is going on.

Post message in bulletins, posters on walls, even news ads (if you have money), informing people of the corruption, and pointing them to sources of information (like ATS) where they can learn about the system and how it is destroying the US and pulling the world down with it.

You think people don't do all that already?

Most people simply don't know what is going on, and haven't taken the time to do their own research. They aren't aware of how bad things are, about the obvious conspiracy that is right in front of their faces. If everybody were suddenly and simply just made aware of all the information present on this site, there would be a total shift in consciousness.

Those are some REALLY naive statements. Like someone else said, at least half of Americans ARE aware of the conspiracy. As for the unaware, it's not as simple as just telling them about the conspiracy and all of a sudden they accept it. A lot of people live in denial no matter how much evidence is presented to them.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2011 by 11azerus11 because: deserves a thread in its self

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

What can we do about it?? We are the ones that the military consists of. We are the ones who value and buy the products that support the system. WE ARE THE SYSTEM.

What it's gonna take is for us to start challenging our ideals and values. Questioning and thinking for ourselves, instead of basing our ideals and values on blind faith.

You are spot on my friend. When people around the world think of America they dont think of the New York cabby working sixteen hours a day to make his wage! When people think of the UK they don't think of the butcher awake at the break of dawn who doeasn't get home to his wife and kids until gone six in the evening. When people think of Canadians, Australians, French and so on, they honestly don't think of the people of that country more the stereo type caused by the policies of their government... Honestly, why should any foreigner judge me on what my government does or doesn't do!? We are all being pigeon holed and judged by what are so called elected government does on the world stage. All Frenchmen dont think alike. All Brits dont think alike. All Americans dont think alike. Stop lumping us all together in the same boat and believing that gives you credence to hate everyone from that country!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Military research is also for civilian fronts.

The only thing wrong with the system you described is the fact that they've not cared about most people for awhile now.

Truth is, powerful nations with lots of money spend more. Suck it up.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Uh huh..
It's easy to be a back seat American ( yeah I went there);
But what would You actually do if you were an American?
Let's here the plans and I will each time tell you why they wont work.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Why is it an particularly loved human tradition to make those with whom they do not agree out to be some sort of devil?

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join