It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

"Or just keep flaming me if that makes y'all feel better about yourselves"

You don't seem to have a problem flaming us, does it make you feel better?
Keep telling us we're ignorant and brainwashed and we the American public will continue to tell you how wrong you are. I'll go out on a limb here and say the majority of the American public does not know half the crap our govt does, nor do we agree on a large majority of their actions when we find out. Please don't attack or condemn the American public for the actions of our govt. which we unfortunately have little control over. We are very caring and compassionate people in general and have tried to help every race on this planet even when we didn't have the $$$. Do you have any idea how many manufacturing plants, oil and trading we have in and with Canada that have helped your country have economic and national security?

edit on 4-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

I can agree that lots of rap glorifies aggression, hatred, and bashes races and genders. BUT!!!!! So does other religions, and other musicians, and other groups of people like the such as the KKK... Why does it seem you feel that some ignorant, poverty stricken rapper is the root of all evil? Meanwhile you dont mention the Islamic extremists who are proud to say they want to kill anyone who is Jewish or from the west regardless on if they are a peace loving person!!! Why not condemn the KKK for spewing hatred and trying to divide us Americans into groups of colors?? Yea some rappers are scum bags, and a lot of them are spitting out the wrong messages, but rap isnt why we are where we are!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pisces77

Sure, he makes points all of us already know. Besides that, if you read my post on page 19, he backs up some of his statements with opinions that are stereotypes. He expects America alone to feed the world, and no other country has to because their not America. We all drive nice cars and are living the high life. We all hate countries that dont follow us. The list goes on, obviously you didn't read his entire post because while he does make valid points which I mentioned in an earlier post, some of it is just flat out BS.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaysconspiracy
reply to post by FPB214

I can agree that lots of rap glorifies aggression, hatred, and bashes races and genders. BUT!!!!! So does other religions, and other musicians, and other groups of people like the such as the KKK... Why does it seem you feel that some ignorant, poverty stricken rapper is the root of all evil? Meanwhile you dont mention the Islamic extremists who are proud to say they want to kill anyone who is Jewish or from the west regardless on if they are a peace loving person!!! Why not condemn the KKK for spewing hatred and trying to divide us Americans into groups of colors?? Yea some rappers are scum bags, and a lot of them are spitting out the wrong messages, but rap isnt why we are where we are!

Im not saying it is the root of evil at all. Listen, I condemn everything you listed. I do not like terrorist's, the KKK or any group that is filled with flat our hatred and violence. Im white, and when I see how immature and uneducated members of the KKK are and the things they do, I want to punch them in the mouth for degrading a human for being a different color.

All im saying, is the "main" rap/pop artist's are not inspiring my generation to do anything. The lyrics are worthless, read Tupac's Me Against the World, the last verse, and you will see what im saying. Its talking to you, it's inspiring you to go out in the world and make yourself into something. That's all it is, inspiration. Really from all of Tupac's lyrics, I love that song and last verse especially. I think you will to. Not all rap is worthless, the stuff that has meaning nobody knows of because of that. It has to be simple and talk about nothing important to get big. Actually, i'll post it here.

With all this extra stressin
The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath
When will I finally get to rest? Through this supression
they punish the people that's askin questions
And those that possess, steal from the ones without possesions
The message I stress: to make it stop study your lessons
Don't settle for less - even the genius ask's questions
Be grateful for blessings
Don't ever change, keep your essence
The power is in the people and politics we address
Always do your best, don't let the pressure make you panic
And when you get stranded
And things don't go the way you planned it
Dreamin of riches, in a position of makin a difference
Politicians and hypocrites, they don't wanna listen
If I'm insane, it's the fame made a brother change
It wasn't nothin like the game
It's just me against the world

edit on 4-2-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Of course, some of what each of these posts & replies say is BS, to some degree. That doesn't mean that there aren't valid points that need to be considered and discussed. Why is everyone so concernced with being 'right' instead of being concerned with the issues?

Anyone can find fault and opposing 'factual' information about these issues... that doesn't mean we shouldn't still have a legitimate level-headed discussion about them. People to people discussion, not government to people, or media to people. We all have good points and concerns. But where is the actual constructive dialogue?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've posted this before, but here it is again.

If we really want to change things, we need to target one large Amercan conglomerate (say, Titan Corporation), and kill it by completely isolating it and all the companies it owns with a 50 - 75% boycott, and make sure that Wall Street knows exactly what we're doing and why we're doing it.

That entire corporation and it's subsidiaries would be gone within 6 months. Mainly because the Wall Street psychopaths would kill it off - all of it - by dumping all stocks associated with it. Then would come the bankruptcy maneuvers, and lobbying for a govt bailout. But if tens of millions of voters were purposely targeting that one conglomerate, no politician would touch it. It'd be a fairly quick death, and the increases in sales to the competitors would cause them to absorb most of the rank and file workers. Screw the Chinese and Indonesian factories. They'd just jump into a new supplychain and be just fine.

The point would be to prove to Wall Street and Washington DC that the people of this nation realize that they decide what lives and dies in this society. The executives of that targeted corporation would - of course - be publicly profiled and their careers would be finished forever. Any company that took them on would be shut down next, although they and their families would not be harrassed or harmed. This would be about ending the professional presence of an entire corporate entity forever, and making it very public that this is what is happening.

Then, when that's done, the government and their Wall Street overlords would be eager to learn how NOT to have that happen to anyone else. And that's when the law gets laid down.

If the Tea Party crowd wants to really change things, then throw away the tri-corner hats and tea bags, and get serious about teaching the public how to win its nation back again. And without a shot fired. Just pick a primary offender - a real predatory corporation - and publicly execute it by simply pretending it no longer exists and that its products no longer exist, and that its banking subsidiaries no longer exist, and its insurance carrier subsidiaries no longer exist. Shut off all money to that corporation and every company it owns, and watch it collapse.

That's how you win. No lobbyist or Senator or Representative or President or anyione at all can ever make you buy from one product vendor instead of the other. You can kill off any of these corporate predators by simply refusing to ever do business with them as a unified group of American citizens who've finally had it with this bullsh*t.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pisces77

Yes he has good points, and yes we as a people need to discuss how we can make this country a better place. BUT!!! The reason the op got blasted ( in my opinion ) is that he did lots of finger pointing while not giving any constructive advice on what to do about it! Nobody likes being told they are ignorant or stupid, and thats basically what he's saying when he time and again tells us to "wake up". As if we are a bunch of dummies listening to what the msm tells us without questioning or wanting change. To say what he said leaves me and others with the assumption that he is looking at this from a simplistic/childish point of view. We dont mind having things brought to our attention, but there is a right and a wrong way to say it. ATS is full of some of the most free thinking people in this world so its out of line to generalize us saying we need to "wake up".....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pisces77
reply to post by FPB214

Of course, some of what each of these posts & replies say is BS, to some degree. That doesn't mean that there aren't valid points that need to be considered and discussed. Why is everyone so concernced with being 'right' instead of being concerned with the issues?

Anyone can find fault and opposing 'factual' information about these issues... that doesn't mean we shouldn't still have a legitimate level-headed discussion about them. People to people discussion, not government to people, or media to people. We all have good points and concerns. But where is the actual constructive dialogue?

I agree with you. We all know our problems though, and it is discussed on ATS regulary. What I took from the OP, was pretty much a rant about America and why we are hated, along with all of our problems. This wasn't a "lets discuss America's issues" post, in my opinion. It was more of a rant. I responded to the main points that he made that were so far off it wasn't even funny. So I was trying to educate him on the reality of it. I wasn't argueing with some of the facts. Just the nonsense crap that wasn't even true. Any American would be upset at alot of the things that were stated, simply because besides the facts they were naive stereotypes. If you have pride in this country, like in any country, you would say "hey, let me tell you how it really is so you can get a better understanding and not make false statements about a country you do not live in." Aside from that I agree.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

I respect, appreciate, and agree with your comments.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Theoretically a good idea but we don't decide who fails and succeeds (yet). We shouldn't have bailed out GM, Chrysler, AIG, BofA, etc.... but we did and not by choice. How did we get repaid for our generousity, they build plants out of the country that don't employee US workers and the financial institutes will not loan money to the public, even Hedge/Vulture funds are not able to purchase failing properties. The price of learning our lesson the hard way, I suppose.

edit on 4-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Wall Street will die when the US Dollar dies. A new wall street will probably start up in Asia.

There is no way anyone can save the US. The US is going back to horse and wagon and steam trains. But first there will probably be a civil war. Hard times makes people frustrated and angry and some one has to pay.

If you Americans feel that your being bashed here on this forum. It will be nothing compared to what you people will do to your fellow country men when the though times kicks in.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
way to incite a riot lol. Chill out man.
Soon the powers that be will flee underground and mother nature is gonna kick everyone's ass. Lets talk about building a new world after we see who survives the 400mph superstorms and earthquakes and tidal waves that come with the polar shift.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Monts,

Thank you for message! I have been telling people for years about what’s happening here in America, but to answer your question of “have we lost our minds?” Yes, would be the answer! There is no other answer to give. The 60’s stopped the public from protesting here in America. When 8 major freedom fighters were assassinated, the public just stop doing anything to preserve our rights. Ever since we have had our right chipped away from us one small tiny piece at a time. So small that we don’t even see our rights being taken from us. We have TV stations that show our congressmen and woman working on bills, you can watch that for one hour and see what is going to be taken from us next. But how can you ask Americans to stop watching reality TV to watch congressmen vote on your rights or some bill that will give corporations the rights to seeds (s105 bill) thru the US patent process.

See most of us in America suffer from normalcy bias, a condition that allows us to think that nothing will ever happen because nothing has happened yet in our lives. This is our flaw and most don’t want to wake up from this dream we have been forced into because we are so used to living this way that is unimaginable to conceive anything different. The general public truly does not care about anything until it directly affects their lives. There are thousands of us that are preparing for what is going to happen. If there is anything one can count on it would be history! History has shown that every country that has tried to get out of dept has failed and ended up falling out of power. The US is next with out a doubt.

People of the US are kept in the dark or distracted by technology because our government and corporations are in bed together trying to strip us of all our rights. Our TV stations are owned by corporations that back congressmen. No one ever gives millions of dollars away with out something in return, this is just pure fact. So our congressmen go to these corporations and ask for campaign dollars to help get re-elected and in return the congressmen will help chip away at our rights so that they can make more money. However, the congressmen need other things beside money, they need to control our rights but can’t do it because of our constitution, but, they can ask the corporate owned broadcasters to not display what they don’t want us to see and skirt the constitution all together.

People in our country are like little tiny babies, we never want to be told how bad we are, and never want to know that everything is going to go down the drain. People in this country are so conditioned to think that anyone saying negative things, they will just disregard and pay no attention to what’s being said. People in this country will argue that nothing is ever going to happen, ever, because we are the supper power of the world. I think these people need a history class to understand how all the other countries fell out of power. Most people don’t THINK at all in this country and it’s very obvious because we are neck deep in debt, no health care system that will ever work because of greed, people are living in the streets, more than a quarter of our population is in jail, we pay more than 40% in taxes (most don’t even believe this at all, but they fail to take into account all the taxes we pay for all the things we buy), over 50% of the cost of a loaf of bread is taxes, our unemployment only counts those that are receiving benefits and could care less about those that have lost their benefits and are still unable to find jobs. This is just the tip of the ice burg.

I can tell you how to fight against the “Machine” that is known as The United States of America, money is the answer! Money can only solve one problem, the end of the use of money altogether! That’s it. Every country that uses money is a part of the global system. With or without all the pieces working together it will fail every time, and it has failed every time. With Egypt in protesting status, they are a piece of the global puzzle.

So the only way to fight the US is thru money! One way is to do like the terrorist have done and cause chaos so that our government will pick a fight with what ever country they think is responsible for the attacks and waste as much money as they can fighting against a cause that has already clamed the lives of the attackers that caused the chaos. Another way is to stop working; the US relies on taxes to make the interest payments to its debtors as well as fund their goals to take over the world. Why else would we need our military in every developed country? One more way is to stop buy things, that’s the only other way to get taxes. No one needs anything except food and water to exist. TV’s, cars, homes, phones, everything else is not needed at all to live.

Our government is not the problem here; this is just a distraction to keep us separated so that we can not see the whole picture. Our corporations are the problem; they are pulling our governments strings to do things in the interest of capitalism. Corporations only have one concern, money, and as much as they can possible get out of anyone that has it. If corporations really cared about the earth and the people on it, every one of them would shut down right now and stop killing us. Why would you tear up your home for the pursuit of money? Stupidity! Capitalism! Controlling tendencies!

The people of the US can not be held responsible for our government’s actions because we don’t have any knowledge of what they are doing other than what they want us to see on corporate TV. This is another ploy to keep us in the dark. We know how other countries feel about us, most of us don’t like it either, but that’s because these people are ignorant to what the truth is and this is another way to keep us from joining everyone else. We think it’s us that other countries don’t like when it’s our government and corporations that you’ll don’t like. We have been conditioned to believe that we have no power individually, and failed to remember that we are all in this together; so it’s going to take all of us to get out of this together.

We are slaves! Work is the new word for slavery. They keep us at the level what we can survive; expect everyone to make $250,000 a year, and like 90% of us is barley making enough to eat. This is simple math here; a fifth grader can do this math. I’m going to use conservative numbers because it really depends on where you live in the US to determine what you will pay to live in that location. I’ll use what I pay for bills and show you that most people in America are having a difficult time living.

The federal minimum wages of the US are $7.25 per hour. A person making 10$ and hour will get 8$ out of that after taxes are taken by both the federal government and the state, again this depends on your location in the US. The cheapest rent I can find is 300$ a month; forget a mortgage because a person making 10$ and hour will never be able to afford a home in the US. So 8$ equals $16,640 a year. Rent at $300 a month is $3600, this leaves $13040. Electricity is $70 a month, equals $840 per year, this leaves $12200. Gas (heating for the house not fuel for vehicles) is $70 a month, equals $840 per year, this leaves $11360. Since we don’t have the option of mass transit through out the US, each of us needs a car to get to work. Fuel for the car per week is $25; this equals $1300, leaving us with $10060. You can’t have a car with out insurance; at $124 per month equaling $1488; leaves $8572. Since you have a car, you need to register it each year at $35 a year plus taxes, on a vehicle that you have already bought and paid for plus paid taxes on it when you bought it to begin with, in witch equals a % of the value of the vehicle based upon the “Blue Book.” So if your car is worth 20,000 at the time you pay your taxes, at 10% this is $2000 (each year this tax will go down). That leaves us with $6537. If you have a home phone (land line), this will cost you about $65 a month, $780; leaving $5757. If you have a TV, we can not watch TV in the US for free any more, well you can but you’re not going to be happy with the reception at all. You’re going to pay $80 a month, $960 that leaves $4797. Food, one of the biggest costs we have, for a family of four eating ok food that is not very good for your health is at $400 a month, $4800, leaving us with -$53. I haven’t even covered health care premiums, 401K deductions, toiletries, children’s needs, house repairs, car repairs, credit card payments, and several hundred other things that we are forced to buy or have to pay for in order to do anything. You literally can not do anything in America for free except say what you want and even then, there are some fools out there that will call the police on you for speaking your mind. In witch will lead to a fine and court cost.

Our constitution says that the government can’t tell us what to do but it says nothing about charging you for doing it!

We the people of the world have the power in our hands to change everything right this very second. If each and everyone of us stop and think of how we can have a better life with out the control of a few people and act upon that thought with out worrying about our material possessions being taken by the governments or corporations of the world; we will change the world.

I’m 100% positive that if everyone in the US stood up right now and in one voice said “We will not go along with your game anymore, we quit” the rest of the world would stand up with us and protest by our sides. We have the power! We have always had the power. They need our money, because that’s all they care about, let’s take money out of the equation and let them figure it out once money is worthless. We can determine what is worth something just as well as the powers that be. Let’s make rock worth a billion, and then each of us would be billionaires. Money is only a marker for trade value; we can make anything a marker.

Let the world stop this charade and begin a new with out controlling anyone. Basic rights should be in the hands of everyone no matter where you come from! We should work to better the human race not line the pockets of the powers that be with money. This whole chasing the money game is a joke. These man made rules are for the birds because we shouldn’t need rules in order to live the way we want to with out harming anyone or anything, including the earth!

WE CAN CHANGE WHAT’S GOING ON, IF YOU THINK YOU CANT CHANGE THEN IT’S BECAUSE YOU DON’T WANT TO CHANGES.

LET THE WORLD JOIN IN WITH EGYPT AND PROTEST TILL WE HAVE IT OUR WAY INSTEAD OF THE POWERS THAT BE’S WAY!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

yeah, nice typical american for ya.
FarArcher~
YOU are a huge part of the problem.
Thanks a lot.
Ignorant D***.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
and if we were as bad as you say we are then bush would still be in office and, there would be no net web for you to right your thoughts upon, yes we the US should tell the rest of the bug off, we have done all we are going to do for you, now you are on your own, bring all the troops home shut the boarder's down, stop all visas and green cards, do not speak English ,go home no passports in or visas, free going out, , now are we that bad no will we be?? i think worse than Hitler, will we have a police state , FDR had the idea, yes it was war time, but hay is this not the same.

HAHA! Thats hilarious. If you did that, China would stop buying your bonds and OPEC would stop using the US dollar as their trading dollar on oil.

That alone would cause the economic collapse of the USA.

There was a time when you could go it alone, but today that time has long since past.

China is now the new top dog, and very soon you will know it.

Ps. And hell, even as a Canadian id prefer Bush in office than Obama.
edit on 4-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Until the gun rights are gone and even after we citizens still have control. The u.s. military has a conscience and wont fight civilians. Our country could easily pull out of the predicament were in. While you have all been bashing us we have been wasting everyone else's oil. While we have a very significant deposit on our soil. Guess what in 30 years when oil runs out the US will start a oil monopoly and become the very richest country twice over.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
China could not handle us. You crash the USA we crash you. WE the citizens possess more guns than most countries military arsenals. WE have the power to destroy all.
AND we dont need it if the USA suddenly stopped buying foreign goods and went back to farming we would crash the worlds economy and still be the top dog.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The Bible not only gives the Jews their "right" to their "holy" land, the Book of Genesis is what gives the vast majority of the entire civilization their "right" to own ANY property ANYWHERE in ANY FORM! In Genesis, it says God created the Earth for man to have dominion over. The women, the animals, the plants and all of the resources.

And then if you're a Christian, you couldn't care less what happens to the animals, plants and resources because Jesus is going to come back and destroy the devil and rebuild the earth. So why do you care if we suck the resources dry, pollute and destroy the planet if Jesus is just going to rebuild it??

The idea of ownership is about as given as 1 + 1 = 2 for most people. We never even give it a second thought.

But who are we to say that we own ANYTHING? This life is a blessing and should be cherished and SHARED with ALL life! Remember, the elements that make up your BODY came from inside an exploding star billions and billions of years ago! You are just BORROWING that matter and energy for a time. And then it goes back to the Earth. From dust to dust!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by trentyh
China could not handle us. You crash the USA we crash you. WE the citizens possess more guns than most countries military arsenals. WE have the power to destroy all.
AND we dont need it if the USA suddenly stopped buying foreign goods and went back to farming we would crash the worlds economy and still be the top dog.

Wow thats original, an american that thinks guns are the solution

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by bekod
and if we were as bad as you say we are then bush would still be in office and, there would be no net web for you to right your thoughts upon, yes we the US should tell the rest of the bug off, we have done all we are going to do for you, now you are on your own, bring all the troops home shut the boarder's down, stop all visas and green cards, do not speak English ,go home no passports in or visas, free going out, , now are we that bad no will we be?? i think worse than Hitler, will we have a police state , FDR had the idea, yes it was war time, but hay is this not the same.

HAHA! Thats hilarious. If you did that, China would stop buying your bonds and OPEC would stop using the US dollar as their trading dollar on oil.

That alone would cause the economic collapse of the USA.

There was a time when you could go it alone, but today that time has long since past.

China is now the new top dog, and very soon you will know it.

Ps. And hell, even as a Canadian id prefer Bush in office than Obama.
edit on 4-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Your comment that you'd prefer Bush over Obama tells me two things about you. 1: You are either a rich, racist, fascist who obviously dislikes black people and 2: You are totally misinformed about the Bush era politics. Let me guess you're a French Canadian right...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join