It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So you want concrete ideas and not just complaining? Here are mine:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
Yeah it's always a little difficult being number one. All the "lessers" take shots at you.

You're argument is very old and very tired. You have failed to list an original provoking thought amongst your entire ramble.

Once we regroup from our little experiment known as Obama, we'll put forth a true leader and forge further ahead of the rest of the developing world.

I appreciate your post but really man, it's very very old.

Becker
edit on 3-2-2011 by Becker44 because: (no reason given)

You really don't understand, do you? You are more concerned with the lack of originality of the points made by the OP than with their truth. Does being a tired point make it irrelevant? That's a pathetic position - a form of evasion of reality. Your complacency is symptomatic of the American malaise. Too many Americans simply cannot face the fact that the rest of the world no longer wants to live in the waning, corrupt, American empire. America is in PERMANENT decline - both politically and economically. Other nations like China, Brazil & India are leaping ahead with their economies. Yet many Americans still behave as though they are top dog in everything. They live in a state of denial and cognitive dissonance. The rest of the world is tired of this arrogance.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The pre-programmed responses as usual by the majority regarding this subject.

References to :
Tinfoil hats, Black Helicopters, UFOs, Elvis and Bigfoot, Psych meds, what are you smoking?, back away from the crack pipe, dont drink the bong water.

The majority would rather play with their Smart phones and iPhones with tweet and facebook as their main forums they interact with.

Dont even worry about getting the warnings out anymore. Let it all play out. It will become apparent and be too late. Actually it is already too late.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Green eyed devilry. Thats all it is.
I would still rather live here in the great nation of the U.S than anywhere else you cry babies are crying from.
This coming from a Canadian? Oh please. Canada is like cheap toilet paper.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
to the topic creator, im one of these "rest of the world" people of wich you speak, and while i have no love for the USA i dont hate it and have no desires to "fly planes into buildings" you just tarred us all with.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going strong. Sheesh. The only was America could qualify as an empire is if it had a king, queen, ceasar, or emperor.

We don't quell wars, post everywhere because we want to, we do it because we are the ONLY ones willing to step outside our boarders and help. Meh, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's because the only thing perfect on this planet are ideals.
Not men.
Not nations.

But we try. That's 'cause we are Americans.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve

Originally posted by Tollon
Very good post!

If they were just a great nation that minded their own business and shared their wealth and aided others WHEN ASKED TO, I don't think they would be disliked much at all.

What country gives more foreign aid than the US?

Even better, who gets hated more for helping others than America? Haiti had a horrible earthquake. America went to help. In less than a day people were claiming it was an attempt at occupation. Then people came out saying we must have caused it. We had ships in the area, so we must have put bombs in the fault line and started it.

Despite increasing tensions with Iran we rushed aid in to help after the earthquake in Bam. That was covered for a day or two. People came out and said we were sending aid to rebels. They didn't look at the fact that we were helping poor people try to get back their lives. It was America so it had to be evil.

After the Tsunami of 2004 people in the media and around the world complained that America didn't stay and help long enough. It didn't matter that dozens of NGOs from America were there flying in food, clothes, and building supplies. Across the world people said American's just don't care. They didn't mention that between government aid and NGO aid Americans gave over 1 billion dollars. That doesn't even include the naval resources and other military resources. America spent nearly 1.5 billion dollars to help in the recovery. Yet the world called us "stingy."

Our pharma companies sent millions of dollars worth of antibiotics and other medicines. The city of Chatanooga Tennessee let citizens make donations instead of paying traffic violations. Dell, The New York Stock Exchange, and Cocal-Cola all sent millions of dollars each. George W. Bush personally donated 16,000 of his own personal funds.

Yet, we were called "stingy." Some even said that our efforts to aid in the area were "hurting" recovery efforts. Even though we were shipping tens of thousands of gallons of fresh water in just a couple of days after the event. We were setting up mobile hospitals with in forty eight hours. We had Navy planes doing search and rescue with in a day. The world still pointed fingers at the US and tisk tisked our every move.

Tell me one other country that gets routinely slammed for their attempts to help? It doesn't matter though. We still send our people in to help fix what is broken.

edit on 4-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
Does it matter? Even if the United States falls right this minute another country will take its place as the world biggest Empire, and the cycle will just keep going.

People think we are bad?

Just wait...

Many have no idea whats possibly waiting in the wings.

edit on 4-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Since when was America responsible for all the wrongs in the world, how can you blame America for this? These people have been at war and killing each other thousands of yrs before America was even a thought. As sad and horrific as those pics are, it's who they are and what they do. America has their own doings in the world of evil and we're no saints but if we were not around you will still be looking at the same photos.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
All I see in this thread are members divided and conquered by flags.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Don't direct that hate speech towards the citizens of America. Don't you think if we could do something about our government, we would?

No. We wouldn't. Most Americans are too busy watching fox news, and sticking their heads in the sand. If there ever was a period in time for us to revolt, it has passed long ago. The federal government has too much power and the people just don't give a s*** anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

My question is this...

Are you from America?

Have you been to America?

Please spare me your disgruntled arm chair politics. Bush is dead, well at least lets hope so.

WHO CARES?

Who do you think you are? I mean let me pretend to know what is going on in Egypt. No im not going to pretend I have some fu""""" insight in to whatever the f"""" country you are from. Nor will I care enough what politics goes on and who is sodomising me in my rear from your end. As an AMERICAN, you have no right to tell me HOW to be an American any more then the douche bags on wall street, politicians and sheep.

Misinforming and pretending whatever the frack country you hail from, I did not read it you know why? because I your country is just as sick anywhere you are at. What you are doing is using your ignorance to project such a stereo type upon ATS You suffer , we suffer everyone sacrifices in some form or the other.

But we US Americans will find our way no matter what ignorance and blame comes our way. Really these people here bitch and moan how the PTB keeps them down, how they are being denied freedoms and the irony is AMERICA is still FREE. Yes America is free and we set the tone for the world and when we are off our game as a country it seems people are so quick to jump our ass, when they are not riding our coat tails.

Spare me the song and dance and accept responsibility for your own destiny. Not just as a countryman but as a species. Everything else will fall in to place sooner or later. And don't complain when the latest hip hop album and blockbuster film is not available to you. You may miss us more then you ever imagined

You sound like this guy, stop wearing your heart on your sleeve www.abovetopsecret.com...

And by the way I risked my life for people in another country that did not know me. I grew to understand them and love them as my own country men. We, us Americans will jump in the fire for one cause or the other just because. We have #ty leaders like you, lets not play coy now. Our fight slumbers like the giants always dreamed.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

We've heard these rants before. My question is...... do you have a solution or just more rants? Apparently you didn't watch the news when the current administration worked behind the scenes and without public notice to push through just about every agenda their little minds could conceive of. That's been the way of it for many years. How can we fight what is made law without our input or approval or without proper vote?

If you have a solution stand up and speak up. Otherwise sit down and...well, you get the idea.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

China, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, and to an extent, Russia.

All these countries, that don't do what the US tells them to, become "enemies" of the US... and notice how when you look at their names, you immediately think of how evil they are and all the terrible things they have done. I know you do, because so do I, and it is a direct result of the biased US world-dominating media that brainwashes everyone into believing the US agenda.

Imagine you grew up in Afghanistan. You are living in extreme poverty- every day is a battle to scrape for food and for survival. You hear of all those Americans who waste enough food in one day to feed the entire world for a month. You hear of those Americans polluting the Atmosphere, the oceans, killing the Earth. You hear of those Americans driving around in their convertibles earning more money in a single day than you do in 5 years. You know that Americans have their military all over your country, and all over the world, killing your fellow citizens and family every single day. Then the next day, your village is reduced to rubble by a US air-strike, and special forces come in and kill your uncle and his family because he is a "terrorist".

As an American, and growing up the way I did, I have respect and love for any human being no matter what the circumstances. I dont have a problem with those countries, feel bad for some of the citizens though who don't like their government. So they flee here, to the U.S. That tells you something. As for hunger, hunger is a WORLDWIDE problem . Why is it that everyone always relies on America to feed the hungry. As stated this is a worldwide problem, not JUST America's. So pull your head out of your *** and begin to realize, "wow, if everyone would do as much or more than America does for the hungry, maybe the hungry would be better off", hmm now that's a concept huh? Im sorry America tries to do everything it can for the world, even with it's imperfections which every country has.

As for Afghanistan thing, you have it all wrong. Ok lets start with the hunger thing again. Why bash America? Do other countries in Europe not eat just as good as Americans? Do they not eat tons of food that could feed the world population? This WORLD has enough food to feed the population over and over. Yet it doesn't happen. Maybe if the WORLD would get involved instead of just America, there would be more promise to these poor people. Ok, so now America is the leader in killing the Earth, wasn't that China? Isn't the US the top producer of green energy? Why, yes it is. Hmm, funny now. I thought Americans were the ones who are killing the Earth, because it couldn't possibly be other countries, it has to be America right? Your are very smart sir.

Americans driving around in convertibles, now that one is funny. You know what, i've lived in an apartment my whole life with my siblings and my mother. We have nice things yes, and I am very grateful for these things, and very grateful even if I only live in a two bedroom apartment, because it could be worse. But don't use your pathetic stereotypes to try and make us look bad, it makes you look naive. Considering anyone who uses stereotypes is already wrong.

Last but not least, the best thing of all, the Muslim people, terrorist's or whatever else you want to name yourself, kills more of their OWN people than America. They tell them to retaliate against Americans because the white man is killing their families, yet here they go killing more of their people than anybody else. Funny huh? Here comes the Americans spending their money they do NOT have trying to better your country and get rid of the evil, scums we call terrorist's who are bringing that country nothing but nothing. Yet, we are evil. You know what the problem is, in my opinion? America does WAY too damn much for the world. When you have a superpower that sticks it's nose in every problem and tries to help the fellow human beings across the world, people are going to hate you. Why? There are many reasons, most of them silly and immature.

When I read post's like this, it makes me want to say "Alright America, lets get our noses out of everyone else's plate and say screw you. Lets focus on US for once. Nobody else at all, because people don't appreciate anything." Yet, that's only to people like you. If there is someone out their, no matter what color/religion/country that wants to just be free and have a life. I bless their soul that they get that. That they get to do that because they should have that opportunity, yet there's a good way to go about this adn a bad way. What Egypt is doing right now is the bad way. The president should tell them "look, i've heard your voices, and I understand. As an Egyptian I want what is best for the people, and what they want. So give me some time to get a strong, good leader who you approve of who will make you happier than I have." But no, they have to literally ruin their country.

I wouldn't be surprised if we possibly see a ww3 arising in and around places like Egypt, Libya, Tunisia etc, just like Edgar Cayce predicted. Hopefully human ingenuity will change that. Hopefully everyon eprays for those souls to get a free, fair society that isn't controlled by a dictator OR a terrorist regime.

I am TERRIBLY sorry America tries to help the world in a positive way. I am TERRIBLY sorry other countries and other people can't appreciate that, or may be jealous, so they put up a fake wall of hatred to promote violence and destruction. One day, when this world meets it's better days, its more peaceful times, America will be leading the world into that. Because the love and positive energy for my country will carry it through the hard times. This country was supposed to be a leader for a reason, a GOOD reason. To help the world come TOGETHER. Sorry some people are too immature and uneducated to respect me, so they hate me because of the country im from. When I have no problem against them, and hope they get everything GOOD that they need.

Shows how ignorant, and corrupt this world really is. Like I said, American doesn't even have money to spend right now, we need to fix OUR economy and country. Yet, here we are still worrying about other's because that's the good heart of America. Keep ranting, it's just making you look patheitc.
edit on 4-2-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Perfectly said my friend. Sorry to everyone else, that America always tries to help the world, even if it sometimes backfires. It's the intentions that mean something.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

When I first arrived to 'Above Top Secret', I was intrigued and motivated by the various intellectual topics. My participation was at an all time high. After I started to see how my fellow countrymen were being treated, I became disillusioned with this site entirely. Now, I just post sporadically.

Threads like yours are the inspiration for my lack of participation.

All the Anti-American threads are a buzz-kill.
All the Anti-Christian threads are a buzz-kill.
All the Anti-Jewish threads are a buzz-kill.
All the Anti-'Enter Your Dislikes Here' threads are a buzz-kill.

'Above Top Secret' should not be a place for bigotry.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Seriously sick of the pompous euro attitude going around. I mean you want to pick a fight or? Why not blame me as an individual for slavery, or wiping out the native americans and others things WE have no stake in. We are slaves, you are slaves. But the only difference is PAL/NTSC and the electric rating in your power receptacle, accents.

Aghhh

Ignorance makes my brain sad

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
imagine if all of a sudden the Native Americans were given their own "country" right in the middle of the United States, and were constantly allowed to wage war on Americans and were supported because it used to be "their land".

Actually, that sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Why would that be 'silly' at all? What gives 'Americans' the right to occupy the true Americans' land based on a couple of centuries-old writs by foreign European governments? Why are the exiled not allowed to claim their homes back? Why is history irreversible? Why can newer generations simply shrug their shoulders and perpetuate the crimes of their forefathers and declare themselve not responsible? They might not be responsible for the creation of the problems, but they are at the vanguard of continuing the abuses.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I stand behind you on this one. Thank you for protecting me.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hey Government, stop spending billions of dollars on military expenses.

- See, they don't listen.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join