It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan to reform Egypt, from an American perspective.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
1) Get Mubarak Out.
2) ?
3) Profit!

At least, that's the best I can summize of the plans presented by the media gurus, subject matter experts, and other talking heads.

Are we really so dense to think that what follows deposing a tyrannical leader with a police state is freedom? Yeah, that doesn't seem very logical to me.

I wonder who's funding the resistance?

I wonder who's funding the opposition to the resistance?

I wonder how long it will take for us to forget all of this, and I wonder if anyone will remember this in 20+ years when the next dictator is overthrown.

Either that, or we'll see Sharia law in Egypt and other nations currently revolting. If you read the forums, that seems to be the desired outcome based on the parameters for change given. The only viable candidate being discussed is the Muslim Brotherhood, and sory, I fought them and have seen them ordering executions. Good luck with that!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This uprising in Egypt seems to me to be a great way to show the millions of frustrated Americans how easy it would be, via social media, to organize and hit the streets. And, not just America, but countries all over the world.

America is due for a revolution and I think the current administration in particular is doing it's best to get it started. The vitriol between the two major parties is peaking and the citizens are fed up with both. Time for something new...or what we imagine to be new.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

No doubt.

Google would make the pyramids their new corporate office if they could.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The strategic plans for continuity of Government in the US have been carefully examined by the intelligence and military communities in the US. Sadly I don't think this revolt is something the american people want or need. The reality of it is getting gunned down in the streets for no reason by the mullahs. Not being able to buy food, rioting. lots of it and basically no government for a long period of time. I think its pretty sad that people in america want this. I certainly don't want this for my children.

You people need to wake up. I know you all want to save the world and bring justice to all the innocents who have been brought harm, but enough is enough. We have been helping other countries and the poor for a long time and in return they blame us for their problems and want to kill us.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
The strategic plans for continuity of Government in the US have been carefully examined by the intelligence and military communities in the US. Sadly I don't think this revolt is something the american people want or need. The reality of it is getting gunned down in the streets for no reason by the mullahs. Not being able to buy food, rioting. lots of it and basically no government for a long period of time. I think its pretty sad that people in america want this. I certainly don't want this for my children.

You people need to wake up. I know you all want to save the world and bring justice to all the innocents who have been brought harm, but enough is enough. We have been helping other countries and the poor for a long time and in return they blame us for their problems and want to kill us.

Though most americans are of child-like mental capacity, and they are fed this info on a daily basis or are repulsed at any knowledge in general, I digress.

The point that has to be made is that America has supported dictators for too long and this revolution is not just for Egypt, but has very real consequences for America. It is time for people to wake up and stop believing that America is infallible, that is rubbish and hubris.

Firs the US must admit it's fault in the matter. The alternative is either staying silent and watching the millions of Egyptians walk into the hands of a more tyrannical government or assisting the current regime that will more than likely clamp down with more police state tyranny.

We must first admit our fault for supporting, creating and funding a monster government. When we do this, we can start to address our own monsters.

Once we clean the skeletons out of our closet and display them for the world to see, we can build a country that doesn't lead by decree, but example. The example of a better and brighter future for the world, as we were during and shortly after our inception.

We should make it our duty to own up to our wrongdoing around the world, make no unneccesary apologies, and begin the healing process. This process doesn't involve reparations, foreign aid, restructuring, or any of that rubbish. It starts with a promise to the world to be the best country we can be, in spite of everything we have failed to do. We could succeed, but we will not.

Instead we will fall, ourselves, into our own trap. Our trap of lies, deciet, tyranny, and so on.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

The world is not perfect, never has been. Now I can see what George Bush was trying to do in Iraq, but instead we have become so divided as a nation that there is little chance for success. You may get your wish of a new government but be careful what you wish for.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
america just needs to solve its own problems before trying to "help out" other countries...even the sleazy people trying to profit from this are going to go bankrupt if there own country fails

new topics

top topics

join