It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Showing Houston Cops Beating Teen Finally Released

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
PINAC has an article about a recently released video of cops brutally attacking a teen burglary suspect who is laying in the ground with his hands behind his head. He is repatedly kicked by several officers. Warning the video is very graphic. Mayor and police chief didnt want this released probably fearing revenge on the cops. Even though 4 officers are charged I have little hope they get what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Several discusting points in addition of the actual assault. All 4 officers were charged with misdemeanor
Also how the mayor, police chief and DA wanted the video not to be released and even went as far as saying the person who gave it to news should be charged.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow that looks to be blatant abuse of power....There is no defense for that type of criminal act toward the public.What are police becoming ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Criminals. If someone has objections towards this film being released you should take note that the system does not punish the officers for criminal activity. They are charged with official supression or something like that. Nothing even close to Assault & Battery which should be the case. If the criminal justice system does not punish these crimes then who will? Public outcry might help in this case a little thought and thats exactly why it is good that this was released.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just a slap on the wrist, and they go back to work. If anyone without a badge was kicking that man in the face like that as he was laying on the ground, you'd better believe he or she would be locked up for a while.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
These horrible events are becoming more and more frequent ,These events are an indicator that martial law is round the corner.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
this shows what many of us have been alluding to.. THE cops are not Andy Griffith types like the MSM portray, they are like Denzel washington in training day!!

my great USMC chief warrant officer used to teach us-----"cops pin on their courage, and strap on their balls"

we are risking our lives b allowing to be handcuffed, why not "go out fighting"

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's funny a few days ago when a few unrelated violent acts against cops went down the cops started freaking out and one even said they feared a war on them or something. There was a thread about it.
Well how many of these do we have to see before we can get upset and call a press conference.
Someone needs to organize a nice techno saavy protest with several projectors in the street to show all these cop videos on big screens in towns. You could probably play an hours worth of them.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Disgusting..... I am surprised the suspect was not charged with assaulting all those "police officers'" feet and hands on top of it.... Hit with a car then pounded on coward gangbanger style. ....disgustinG

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is exactly why states are passing laws against the ability to video tape police officers. The can't allow witness to criminal acts like this.. I believe that police are recruited because of a lack of moral fiber,the powers behind law enforcement need officers that instill fear in the public.. I can't wait for the "police defenders" to weigh in on this one. How many isolated incidents does it take to create a pattern ?

Ex

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic also that if you even touch an officer's arm during an arrest ,
THAT is considered an assault on an officer.

Police State has arrived, and if you think that they only
do this to black youth, think again!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It seems like the only people joining the police force are facist coward thugs who like bashing peoples heads in .
I respect the cops who do the job properly ie stop a criminal take them downtown let the judge take care of the rest .

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

For real, he's lucky he didn't fly through the windshield like a deer and injure the officer behind the wheel. Then he would really be up a river.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
man, I'm gonna get me one of these or build one:

taser-jacket-will-jolt-your-assailants

i hope whoever took the video has been smart enough to have kept himself anonymous

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
One more thing that really pisses me off is how it's not only the officers kicking and hitting. Its also all the other officers who dont do anything to stop it. Many say that there is good cops. A good cop would go and stop this kind of behaviour. I dont recall ever seeing a video of police brutality where a 'good' cop steps in to stop the crime.

[Edit to add]

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
i hope whoever took the video has been smart enough to have kept himself anonymous

It's told in the video. He is activist type.
edit on 3/2/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
Isn't it ironic also that if you even touch an officer's arm during an arrest ,
THAT is considered an assault on an officer.

Police State has arrived, and if you think that they only
do this to black youth, think again!!!

yeah, they invade your personal space/get in your face if you back up it's considered assault, if cop sprays you with spit and you raise your hand to wipe it of it's considered assault.

it's called "establishing self-defense"

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

then he can expect a visit soon probably at 4am

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I dont recall everseeing a video of police brutality where a 'good' cop steps in to stop the crime.
They think its a perk of the job .
A bad cops loyalty is to other cops a Good cops loyalty is to US !

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

we are risking our lives b allowing to be handcuffed, why not "go out fighting"

years ago a bunch of drunks started throwing beer bottles at my house one of them nearly hit me in the head, i throw the ceramic cup in my hand back at them, it went through their rear windshield. then the driver stopped and started yelling at somebody up the street,at the corner, and sure enough 2 cops who had been parked up there drove down sirens blaring [i was being set up,long story-- some other time] and tried to arrest me. all of my neighbors rushed out, like 50 people "no,no, they were the ones who started it" but nope the cops insisted "we'll clear this all up at the station"
using a martial arts technique and rolling my wrists they were unable to get the cuffs on me---for 10 minutes-- by then my uncle who'd studied law arrived and came along to make sure nothing happened.

the bottle throwers added more charges 3 days later, this time 20 cops came instead of two

edit on 3-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I counted 7 officers that weighed more than 200lbs subdueing a scared compliant 150 lb skinny man with his hands behind his back cuffed.

Good news for us Martial Law paranoid enthusiasts.

When it begins it will be a piece of cake to subdue these Centurians. It will only take 2 requirements for your certain success.
1 A whole lot of anger (even moderate anger will be acceptable)
2. With Nothing to lose

Spells Industructability. Even if they cowardly use the flying weapons from afar and behind armor. They really dont stand a chance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join