It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: City Full Of Violent Killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A city in India seems to be the front runner for the "Angriest City in the World" award due to the recent rash of killings for very minor reasons. People are killing each other over cups of tea and dinner not being served hot.

www.newkerala.com
Ahmedabad, July 12 (IANS) :

Imagine thrashing someone to death over a cup of tea. Or stabbing one's child fatally over a household chore.

Police are almost at a loss to explain several such bizarre killings in Gujarat's principal city. And they say such crimes of rage are on the rise.

The last such incident occurred Friday when a man called Shanker Thakor from Vejalpur neighbourhood here allegedly thrashed a tea vendor so badly for serving a cold cup of tea that the latter died.

Similarly last week, a man called Girish Patani in Ambavadi area allegedly beat his wife to death for not giving him dinner on time.

Earlier this month, a girl named Parul Khetariya from the posh Vasna area was reportedly killed by her mother after an altercation over household work. According to police, the mother stabbed her daughter in a fit of rage.

"Psychological reasons rather than any tendency towards crime are behind such incidents," said a senior police officer.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe it's something in the water, I don't know. Whatever it is seems to be driving the residents of Gujarat's biggest city. It just seems odd to me that so many people in one area would start killing each other for little tiny things.

Perhaps a psy-op is going on there, or a paradigm shift is beginning. Violence seems to be the only way for these people to solve their problems. Could this soon develop into a worldwide trend?

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just imagine: You dont clean your room your mother stabs you, you dont clean the garage your father shoots you, The wifey dosent make dinner the husband kills her. Lets see is this the way a society breaks down?

OOOps I spelled something wrong someone from ATS puts a hit on me..... No pun intended. Just find the whole matter nuts...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
A city in India seems to be the front runner for the "Angriest City in the World" award due to the recent rash of killings for very minor reasons. People are killing each other over cups of tea and dinner not being served hot.

Does it surprise you? India might be the angriest city in the world, but most of the world is right there with India.... The whole world seems to be angry....watch some people blame Bush for this too....

You just have to look at some of the responses in this forum and others to see a trend in people, finding some small stupid excuse to be angry at "whatever is the trend." Right now the trend in the US is the Bush administration, the 2000 election, and the war in Iraq.... I wasn't a member in the forum, but where people this angry at Clinton when he decided to go to war with Yugoslavia?

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Does it surprise you? India might be the angriest city in the world, but most of the world is right there with India.... The whole world seems to be angry....watch some people blame Bush for this too....

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Muaddib]

Bush isn't smart enough to influence the people outside of the States.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Maudibb,

I hope you don't decide to disregard all the innocent people who died in Afghanistan and Iraq....

And if someone disagrees with Bush, they don't automatically become the "Coalition of the Wild-Eyed" or whatever Bush would like to call them. Bush is no good, and Kerry is no good. We deserve better than both these people.

P.S. I think its funny that the first person to bring up Bush is the first person to accuse others of trying to make this tragedy Bush's fault.

Tell me Maudibb, what sort of trend are you trying to start?

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Maudibb,

I hope you don't decide to disregard all the innocent people who died in Afghanistan and Iraq....

And if someone disagrees with Bush, they don't automatically become the "Coalition of the Wild-Eyed" or whatever Bush would like to call them. Bush is no good, and Kerry is no good. We deserve better than both these people.

P.S. I think its funny that the first person to bring up Bush is the first person to accuse others of trying to make this tragedy Bush's fault.

Tell me Maudibb, what sort of trend are you trying to start?

You want to play innocent now? pleasee....

Yes, it is true and sad that civilians have died. But do not paint them all as innocent, because we are not fighting against civilians, but against radicals, contrary to whatever you might believe.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You want to play innocent now? pleasee....

Yes, it is true and sad that civilians have died. But do not paint them all as innocent, because we are not fighting against civilians, but against radicals, contrary to whatever you might believe.

I'm not playing innocent. I like neither Bush nor Kerry. And I want to find the truth, so...

Like I said, I just find it interesting the first person to bring up Bush is someone who is trying to jump to conclusions about others who disagree with Bush.

I know the rationale of the war is to go after radicals, now, tell me, why do civilians have to do? Better yet, why don't you U2U because I don't understand why Bush is even being brought up in this thread.

Oh, yea, because you want to persecute those who you feel are persecuting you. Yea, I see, you better get out your persecution first, its a contest after all isn't it?

Literally, yes it is a contest.

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I'm not playing innocent. I like neither Bush nor Kerry. And I want to find the truth, so...

Like I said, I just find it interesting the first person to bring up Bush is someone who is trying to jump to conclusions about others who disagree with Bush.

I know the rationale of the war is to go after radicals, now, tell me, why do civilians have to do? Better yet, why don't you U2U because I don't understand why Bush is even being brought up in this thread.

Oh, yea, because you want to persecute those who you feel are persecuting you. Yea, I see, you better get out your persecution first, its a contest after all isn't it?

Literally, yes it is a contest.

Oh, i see, so you find it interesting that someone would make a sarcastic remark? So now you are saying there are not many members blaming Bush for almost everything that is happening?....... Now tell me, what exactly do you find so interesting, are you trying to imply something?

And about me having some list? naa, I dont have a list, but you are making your comments as if who we are fighting are all good people and not radicals who's families have been given rewards by Saddam for killing Jewish and American people....
I am not saying there are no good people there, but I guess the 1,000+ coalition troops that have been killed are just some sort of illusion...
BTW i don't understand your question: "why do civilians have to do?"

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Oh, yea, because you want to persecute those who you feel are persecuting you. .
[Edited on 13-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

I didn't take that part of Muaddib's post that seriously; I actually thought it was a humorous retort.

There was a recent thread on ATS wherein a student killed his teacher because the student received a poor grade. Believe it or not, there were those who responded to the thread and blamed Bush. That's when I thought I'd heard it all.

Lighten up.

new topics

top topics

join