It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Terrifying New Weapons Being Created by the Pentagon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This just sounds like a smaller rail gun type of project to throw a depleted uranium penetrator so fast it turns into a plasma when it strikes the tank or other object.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This just sounds like a smaller rail gun type of project to throw a depleted uranium penetrator so fast it turns into a plasma when it strikes the tank or other object.

That has nothing to do with a rail gun. Depleted uranium already does that when used in conventional rounds (like 30mm).

Personally I'd rather take on some fancy magnetic rounds anyday over modern man-portable thermobaric rockets, like RPOs.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thank God for Darpa. America is going to need to do a lot of killing before the return of the Lord. She's got more enemies now than bullets. This is in part to America's evil and incompetent leadership. It's also a spiritual problem, but there is no point in trying to explain that here.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Thank God for Darpa. America is going to need to do a lot of killing before the return of the Lord. She's got more enemies now than bullets. This is in part to America's evil and incompetent leadership. It's also a spiritual problem, but there is no point in trying to explain that here.

Spirituality and religion are not the same thing. Religion is just a cartel of puppeteers controlling the spiritual ideals of the masses who are clearly unable to discover their own spiritual connections.

Unfortunately, I doubt humanity will ever find a true universal spiritual state. If we did, then it would mean evolution, not destruction. All we do is kill ourselves. The only miracle we've ever experienced is that we haven't unleashed nuclear/chemical/biological weapons on ourselves on a mass scale.... yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
The only miracle we've ever experienced is that we haven't unleashed nuclear/chemical/biological weapons on ourselves on a mass scale.... yet.

Don't worry that will be coming soon, lol. I know I'm being super cheery but it's inevitable that these weapons will be used. In fact we have this Biblical prophecy in the New Testament:
2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

They've been trying to develop guided small arms munitions since the 80's this is nothing new. I remember seeing something a year or so back on another website that actually showed pictures of the bullet in testing phases. It looked similar to a Sabot round once the bullet leaves the barrel the sleeve surrounding the penetrator separates leaving what is essentially a dart. All you would need is a small enough microprocessor, a reciever, power source and some way of controlling the stabilizers so it can steer itself. Future Weapons had an episode on Guided Artillery that is still in testing phase and it functions similar to the small arms version. Its too late now for me to look up the pic i'll try tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Why don't they put more money into stuff like this? And then actually use it to benefit the world.

Black projects are not to benefit the world. They are to RULE it.

What you wished for they did. go to www.research.va.gov

Instead of using money to treat our veterans they were recently tasked with using the money for research instead.

Poor veterans always get hosed. Whatever they develop will get handed to China or other enemies...while veterans suffer without medical care and more and more VA Clinics get closed down across the nation.

They don't matter anyways. They're expendable.

On that website you can read they are actually injecting veterans with TOXINS to see if any are helpful in anyway. They figured the toxin Botox found a good use...lets see what other toxins can be used by corporations to make money?

Lets inject toxins in Veterans and see what happens. They can't sue.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

I understand that articles like this are just throwing a bone to the dogs(us). They're usually decades beyond what they let us know about. But I found it to be an interesting little read nonetheless.

The tech behind these is still fascinating though. I remember a time when the word microprocessor wasn't even a word to the common man. Now I'm showing my age.

If you find that pic, I'd love to see it. If not, no biggy. I'll do a little looking myself with the info you gave me.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

edit on 4-2-2011 by works4dhs because: dupe

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

The only miracle we've ever experienced is that we haven't unleashed nuclear/chemical/biological weapons on ourselves on a mass scale.... yet.

Don't worry that will be coming soon, lol. I know I'm being super cheery but it's inevitable that these weapons will be used. In fact we have this Biblical prophecy in the New Testament:
2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

then there's this prophecy in Zechariah 14:12
This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

(New International Version translation)
neutron bomb anyone?

I want to make sure it's understood; no one in the Christian/Evangelical community WANTS these things, or is looking forward to disasters. we want God's mercy and peace for everyone. problem is, mankind is bringing this on itself. like everything else in life, a handful of baddies ruin it for the rest of us. no, I'm not trying to make light of catastrophe. my belief is that Christians will be evacuated before most of it.
edit on 4-2-2011 by works4dhs because: amplify

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Black projects are not to benefit the world. They are to RULE it.

No argument from me on that one.

What you wished for they did. go to www.research.va.gov
Instead of using money to treat our veterans they were recently tasked with using the money for research instead. Poor veterans always get hosed. Whatever they develop will get handed to China or other enemies...while veterans suffer without medical care and more and more VA Clinics get closed down across the nation.
They don't matter anyways. They're expendable.

Veterans are people who were used by TPTB, and then tossed aside like yesterdays garbage. Although they give lip service to them for our benefit. I was raised by a veteran who served two drafts. It infuriates me to no end how they are treated. Fortunately, my old man is a pretty healthy guy at his age. But some of his friends, and some vets I know weren't so fortunate. So I've heard some of the horror stories from them. It's sad. Very sad.

On that website you can read they are actually injecting veterans with TOXINS to see if any are helpful in anyway. They figured the toxin Botox found a good use...lets see what other toxins can be used by corporations to make money? Lets inject toxins in Veterans and see what happens. They can't sue.

I'll leave this one for another thread, another time. I don't even want to get started on it here. It's a bit off topic anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What kind of fantasy land does the author live in where DARPA invented the M16? Makes anything he says suspect in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I'm only going from memory. But hasn't the M16 been re-engineered a few times since its first inception by Eugene Stoner? And has darpa had a hand in any of that?

I'll have to look into it. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

I want to make sure it's understood; no one in the Christian/Evangelical community WANTS these things, or is looking forward to disasters. we want God's mercy and peace for everyone. problem is, mankind is bringing this on itself. like everything else in life, a handful of baddies ruin it for the rest of us. no, I'm not trying to make light of catastrophe. my belief is that Christians will be evacuated before most of it.

You may not. But I've met a few too many christians who get giddy at the thought. Off topic though, so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'm only going from memory. But hasn't the M16 been re-engineered a few times since its first inception by Eugene Stoner? And has darpa had a hand in any of that?

I'll have to look into it. Thanks for bringing it up.

I think saying it's been re-engineered a few times is an understatement

Although I'm not sure if DARPA had anything to do with any changes over the years, all the AR variants (with exception to those using a gas piston in place of direct impingement) are still basically the same exact rifle, just with different cosmetics and feature, so even if they funded the development of a new rail system or stock or something I still wouldn't give DARPA anymore credit than any aftermarket accessory maker in regards to inventing the M16 line of rifles.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Here we go. Found what I was looking for finally.

The M16 Assault Rifle is the standard issue shoulder weapon in the U.S. military. It marks a departure from normal ballistics in that it uses a smaller, high-velocity round (5.56 mm caliber vs. 7.62 mm). This results in a smaller and lighter weapon as well as smaller ammunition, thereby significantly decreasing combat load. The M16 is based on a design (the Colt AR-15) that had already been rejected by the Chief of Staff of the Army in favor of the heavier 7.62 mm M14. Colt brought the weapon to DARPA in 1962. Through Project AGILE, DARPA purchased 1,000 AR-15s and issued them to combat troops in Southeast Asia for field trials, to prove that the high-velocity 5.56 mm round had satisfactory performance. The subsequent DARPA report, documenting the lethality of the AR-15, was instrumental in motivating the Secretary of Defense to reconsider the Army’s decision and eventually adopt a modified AR-15 as the U.S. military individual weapon of choice. The weapon was first deployed to the Air Force’s Air Police and later adopted by the Army. The move to high-velocity 5.56 mm was also subsequently adopted by the Israelis, the Soviets, and our NATO allies. DARPA’s most significant contribution to this program was its willingness to “think outside of the box” and try something new.

www.darpa.mil...

edit on 4-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

"The move to high-velocity 5.56 mm was also subsequently adopted by the Israelis, the Soviets, and our NATO allies."

Since when did the Soviets adopt the 5.56mm? The AK-74 uses 5.45mm fluted ammo, which is different.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Here we go. Found what I was looking for finally.

The M16 Assault Rifle is the standard issue shoulder weapon in the U.S. military. It marks a departure from normal ballistics in that it uses a smaller, high-velocity round (5.56 mm caliber vs. 7.62 mm). This results in a smaller and lighter weapon as well as smaller ammunition, thereby significantly decreasing combat load. The M16 is based on a design (the Colt AR-15) that had already been rejected by the Chief of Staff of the Army in favor of the heavier 7.62 mm M14. Colt brought the weapon to DARPA in 1962. Through Project AGILE, DARPA purchased 1,000 AR-15s and issued them to combat troops in Southeast Asia for field trials, to prove that the high-velocity 5.56 mm round had satisfactory performance. The subsequent DARPA report, documenting the lethality of the AR-15, was instrumental in motivating the Secretary of Defense to reconsider the Army’s decision and eventually adopt a modified AR-15 as the U.S. military individual weapon of choice. The weapon was first deployed to the Air Force’s Air Police and later adopted by the Army. The move to high-velocity 5.56 mm was also subsequently adopted by the Israelis, the Soviets, and our NATO allies. DARPA’s most significant contribution to this program was its willingness to “think outside of the box” and try something new.

www.darpa.mil...

edit on 4-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

Good research! I was not aware of that, but I still think the author of the article mentioned in this thread is kind of misrepresenting things. When the article says:

"It also boasts a long legacy when it comes to creating and enhancing lethal technologies, including M-16 rifles"

It doesn't seem to match the facts. That would be like you taking credit for creating the article you linked to, simply because you got the people here to read it. Exactly the same as "We showed the US Military that the M16 was a decent rifle, therefore we created it!"

"The move to high-velocity 5.56 mm was also subsequently adopted by the Israelis, the Soviets, and our NATO allies."

Since when did the Soviets adopt the 5.56mm? The AK-74 uses 5.45mm fluted ammo, which is different.

Yeah as far as I know the Soviets do not use the 5.56 themselves. They make the AK-101 that uses the 5.56, which I would assume is just a way to get business from the NATO crowd, not because of any sort of perceived superiority of the 5.56 vs the 5.45 or even 7.62, as I'm pretty sure all Russian forces still use the AK-74, and possibly the AKM. Some could say they developed the 5.45 as a result of the Americans using the 5.56, though.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Some could say they developed the 5.45 as a result of the Americans using the 5.56, though.

The 5.45mm AK-74 was developed because the Soviets needed a standard assault rifle with better accuracy and light ammo (so they could hold more). They somehow determined that the 5.45mm had better flight characteristics than the 5.56mm.

On top of this, I heard they "fluted" the 5.45mm ammo by adding holes in the bullets that improve velocity and accuracy. I'm not sure if this is standard though for all 5.45mm ammo...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

but I still think the author of the article mentioned in this thread is kind of misrepresenting things. When the article says: "It also boasts a long legacy when it comes to creating and enhancing lethal technologies, including M-16 rifles"

I agree with you. Which is why I posted the tidbit from darpa's own site. To help clear that up. Good catch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join