It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European leaders demand immediate Egypt transition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by MikeboydUS

YUP...

That would be their baggage. It would be nice for a change for some other countries to take the heat in the region instead of the US all of the time. About Chinese goods/ME oil there again it would be an EU issue more than a US.

I am a tad disappointed that you feel only the US takes the heat in the region..
You don't think we think we Brits get any flack at all then?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by 00nunya00

I watched the POTUS earlier today and he still hasn't been firm in his response. He seemed unsure of himself and wouldn't make any direct condemnations.

Translation: "He didn't talk real big like Dubya did and tell the world he's gonna go kick some @ss and then play golf."

So, you admit he said exactly what the EU leaders said, but now your problem with it is that he wasn't guns-blazing enough for you? Yawn.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I am a tad disappointed that you feel only the US takes the heat in the region..
You don't think we think we Brits get any flack at all then?

Oh I'm sure the Britts get their share too. However nowhere near the level as the US. Just take a gander here at ATS. Go through the Search feature and count how many times the US get's slammed vs the UK.

I'm actually having a grand old time LMAO over this whole mess. Seriously, I'm not trying to minimize the topic which has had some tragic consequences and is very serious. But I find myself asking more and more where are ALL the ATS member/poster who were over the top and up in arms defending the right of the Iranian Government to crack down on the "Obviously a CIA/MI5/Mossod plot" to overthrow the Iranian Government when they were in the streets killing their own citizens.

ATS is sometimes as slanted IMO as many of the sites and sources many here criticize.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It would be nice if the US and everyone just butted out - but these are the guys that put Mubarek in power, about the same time they set up Saddam Hussein's little regime as I recall. So fact is, they're already in it up to their collective necks.

It's very useful to the global corporate government and their Western lackey governments to have dictatorships in resource-rich corporate colonies. But not nice.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Gunsblazing? Like Dubya? Yeehaw rootin tootin six shooter shootin?

No. Firm and direct.

Secretary Clinton delivered a second address today that was firm and direct, unlike the POTUS.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Talking doesnt change anything anymore in Egypt. Mubarak and his Regime want to stay in Power no matter what. They said something like "thats our Business,# off" to the US and EU,and even accused Foreigners of beeing Israeli spys on "Propaganda" State TV.

Sorry if that sounds cruel,but if it escalates even more tomorrow,than someone has to invade and execute that #er and his Thugs.

The Anti-Mubarak Protestors can´t give up now...if they do,they are gonna get arrested,tortured and killed in the coming Months. And they know it.

I really hope the Egypt Military does a Coup soon. If not,than its Civil War until everyone is dead or someone steps in.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I was going to create another Egypt thread, but since there were so many, I thought I'd put it here.

Mubarak is gone. Is that it?
No laws have been changed, no Egyptian constitutional laws have changed. They just ousted a military figure for another (for now).
There has been transition, but no change. The laws that the protesters fought against are still there.

I see a neat magician's act. Now you see him (Mubarak), now you don't. Just keep your focus on Mubarak and ignore the lack of REAL change for a people who protested.

After the party, are the protesters going to go home? Then what? They have an economy in shambles, an infrastructure in shambles.

Maybe they'll get their own Obama promising hope and change. But I wouldn't want that wished on anyone.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Obama did exactly that. He not only called Mubarak and told him he needs to leave now, but he also said it on TV. What more do you want?

no they blanked if off the news for 29 days of protest. then when it went mainstream they blocked the english out on al jeezera. Obama would not openely critisise mubarak for over a week later. he sat on the fence unitl the people had pushed the matter too far then he acted.
They wanted him to remain he is on ameicas pay books and gets billions a year in aid money. the cia trained egyptain police on how to toture people. Isreal are now bricking it because egypt were helping them with the blockade of palastine and give them cheap gas....
obama as usual played bioth sides and in this case failed. there is a lot of resentment now in egypt now because of the way america acted...

kx

kx

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join