It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Costs at Record High

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
From Reuters

www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/03/us-food-prices-idUSTRE712237201 10203

www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/03/us-food-fao-index-idUSTRE712 26G20110203

Last week, I began my 'baby-steps' to water conservation on fears I realized thanks to a program on the Discovery Channel.

I can't help but get a bit antsy when seeing these reports coupled with the more-than-normal unrest in the Middle East, storms in America and Australia, and a booming world population.

It would seem to me that now would be a good time to start stockpiling foodstuffs. I only hope I'm not starting too late.

GBD

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Additional information from the head of the World Bank...

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

A global rather than a locally and Nationally produced food supply, is suicide. The elite can do all kinds of mischief by controlling the food supply of the world. You can bring people into submission with the threat of with holding your food from export to them. We have installed and proped up brutal regimes to protect our oil supply because Americans would die if oil was not forthcoming to the nation. Imagine the twisted actions that will be caused when certain areas of the world have the power to starve your people if your leaders don't pay homage to evil.

Globalism is the dream and bloody oppressive efforts of twisted folks like the Kings and Queens of England, Hitler and Stalin.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Good point.

And on the same topic about global/national food supplies, I remember when watching that show the other night... Prophets of Doom, I believe, where one of the gentlemen stated that the average distance traveled for a typical American dinner was an astonishing 1,400 miles away.

That's frightening. What happens if/when our rapid transport systems fail? Massive starvation is a very likely scenario.

new topics

top topics

join