It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Handcuffed Suspect In Police Car In The Face

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
From the sound of it this guy had every right to be belligerant.
I'd be pissed too if some A-hole PIG shot...er......"grazed" me in the face.
btw, I wonder if any of us pointed a gun at a cop and fired said weapon thereby sending a bullet towards said offi...er....pigs face whereupon engauging said face did not fully penetrate but met the flesh in a grazing motion.....would the judge see it this way? Would the judge dismiss attempted murder charges because there was clearly no attempt at harming nor indeed murdering the offi....er....pig but the assailant was merely attempting to graze the officer????
Come on now.....

Also, a point I have not seen brought up, and if it has, my apologies,
WTF is up with an Offi.......errr.....PIG who can't pull off a head shot with a rifle at point blank range?????

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by Frogs

Please, this is just pure chicken poop. The cops cuffed him and placed him in custody without a search for weapons????

That's just as bad as them shooting him in the face while in cuffs in a police vehicle. Either scenario deserves a real IA investigation from hell.

I never said I believed every word of the update - I was just providing the update.

I agree about the search before putting him in the car and the need for the investigation.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
These LEOs were not fully in control of the person in their custody. They did not act professionally, they failed their department, their training, their community and their country.

Each of them should be ashamed of their failures. Their professional and personal shortcomings caused this shame.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thank goodness someone else said it before I could post a reply, I am hoping this site doesn't become another bashing site like Wnd, Drudge, Liveleak, etc, The interesting articles are becoming rare here but its still better then the other three, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I have to agree with you on this.
"IF" and that's a BIG "IF" this officer thought he had a gun which is why he shot the suspect then he needs to be removed from the force anyway for failure to follow company policy. There is NO WAY the suspect could have had a gun, I repeat NO WAY POSSIBLE for the man to have a gun if the officer did his job by the book. He would have been checked thouroughly for weapons before ever being being put into that car.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

let me clarify Frogs, I wasn't shooting at the messenger!

good post though...thanks

edit on 3-2-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: BTW love the froggy avatar...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

One of the guys my pops arrested had a small single shot 22 pistol hidden in his mouth, his friend had one on his key-chain, both loaded. If someone tells you they have a gun, even if I had searched them, I am going to believe them. You know in real life if someone insults me greatly, I punch them in the face, the city doesn't get sued, all my co/workers aren't lumped into the same boat as me and maybe the asshole learned a lesson. Being a cop means that people who had a bad experience at some point in their life with the police or have been raised to believe all cops are pigs and out to suppress the people and blah blah blah, just might try and kill you, Every single day. Think about that for a second, Every single day.
Bad people make bad cops, bad doctors,bad generals,bad bus drivers etc etc, the hatred on this post is really unsettling

edit on 3-2-2011 by SankeySugar because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SankeySugar

Interesting but irrelevant.

The claim was he had the supposed gun in his waistband, clearly a lie.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

gun in the waistband....in the back of the patrol car....already cuffed..... someone is singin' a song...

please people, realize that we shouldn't be shot in the face when we've already been arrested!!!!

This is an issue.....!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Read the story?

The rifle was fired, and they don't know why yet. If he was shooting to kill, he was a crap shot.

Your headline is inflammatory:

Handcuffed Suspect Shot By Elk Grove Police Officer vs, Cop Shoots Handcuffed Suspect In Police Car In The Face

The bullet grazed his face. He wasn't shot in the face.

Repeating stories like this by adding your clear bias and in a deliberate, derogatory and inciteful way does no one any favors. It's dishonest and childish. Your attempt to lead others to support or agree with you is pathetic.

And anyone sucked in by the misleading thread who just jumps in bashing without reading is just ignorant.

Oh, and your bacon reference is so adorable. You should be proud.

edit on 2/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

Sorry,but if this was the other way around,the criminal in question WOULD NOT get a chance,in the eyes of the public opinion. Just think if it was Police officer handcuffed in the back of police car by subject,and riffle was fired by criminal. But you know,he didnt mean to kill him,cause it JUST grazed his face. See,how that sounds? Giving a Police Officer,the benefit of the doubt,in a Police State,sounds pathetic.

Only in a police state is the job of a policeman easy.
— Orson Welles

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I gave you a star for that. Because I have been treated the same way. Just walking down the street in the neighborhood and get stopped and searched. I was told I matched the description of somebody they were looking for. They matched the description of this guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959a8d5188fa.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Pick on my examples all you want. Rationalize it all away all you want. My point stands. Sensationalistic reporting and re-reporting does no one any favors. The way you word your titles and your comments pretty much guarantees who you're going to attract and how the discussion's going to go, so don't let that lull you into a false sense of believing that this puts extremist views into any kind of majority. Have fun with the rest of your thread.
edit on 2/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: left a word out

Twist it all you want.
The bottom line is a bullet left the gun that the officer was holding and said bullet hit the guy in the 'FACE'.
Yes. He was SHOT IN THE FACE.
In baseball...the pitcher grazes the batters elbow.....he HIT THE BATTER.
In target practice, the shooter grazes the target.....he HIT THE TARGET.
You talk about 'sensationalism', but you practice 'de-sensationalism'.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ya the police are your friend till they deem a reason whether valid or not to put you in custody.
After that point you are maggot meat to them.
It may be a sad comment on rejoicing at the shooting of an LEO, but after being totured and railroaded by corrupt RCMP and courts i cant help but get a twitch of satisfaction even though it does bother me this is so.
They have the power to traumatise deeply those they wish to.Bacause of this the people they traumatise stay that way.
Some show it in different ways,both passive, and aggressive.
The resentment would be far less severe if they respected the rule of law, and the people.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hope you read that this guy was a wife beater.

Next time, aim.

We don't need scum like this on the earth, I would have shot him as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

The guy is accused of being a wife-beater.

Hasn't been to court yet, and like the cop-defenders like to point out, we don't know what happened before they got there. His wife wouldn't be the first woman to make a false claim.

I don't know one way or another, and neither do you, so calling him a scum who deserves getting shot is a bit over the top.

What I do know for certain is that if the roles were reversed, the shooter would be facing attempted murder charges, which is what is appropriate here. Arrest the cop on attempted murder just as any civilian would be, and let him have his day court...after all, if he's innocent he has nothing to fear, right?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Check out 'Don't Talk to Police' and 'Don't Talk to Cops Part 2' on You Tube. Between these videos and a few hundred articles about unarmed citizens of all ages being shot, killed and / or tazered by Law Enforcement in America, I have had my eyes opened.

Dozens of other articles about Law Enforcement that have killed innocent unarmed civilians that received 'punishment' of a few months off with pay also had an impact on me.

I will NEVER dial 911 in my life.

And I hope to Heaven that I am never one of the unlucky falsely accused bastids who rot in prison for a crime they did not commit, because I do not have wealth or connections.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 007Polytoks
Hope you read that this guy was a wife beater.

Next time, aim.

We don't need scum like this on the earth, I would have shot him as well.

Keep believing everything you read, that's healthy.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hopefully that cop will be charged with attempted murder. If I was the lawyer I'd take this guys case on for free and go after this cop. Attempted murder, battery, roughing the passing, etc., I'd come at him with a whole host of charges.

But I'll make a prediction right now. The police department will say his weapon misfired and was accidental, which is a bunch of bull.

I really hope the community gets behind the victim in cuffs. This is UNACCEPTABLE!

Folks. People! We need to stand united! Stand together and help one another, for we have our backs against the walls!

For we are One Nation Under...assault & battery!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

If I caught him beating his wife, I would shoot him.

Unfortunately you are right, their is no way of knowing that cop is telling the truth.

If it turns out the guy did not beat his wife, shoot the cop as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Another one. I just hope we dont follow that trend in here. Our cops are quite professional and gentleman. However all fashionable trends seem to land here sooner or later.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join