It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: One Bulgarian Hostage Beheaded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
According to Arabic television station Al Jazeera, one of the Bulgarian hostages in Iraq, Ivailo Kepov, has been beheaded by his captors: the Tawhid wal Jihad (Unity and Holy War) group. The second hostage, Georgi Lazov, has been given 24 hours to live unless the Bulgarian and American governments meet the captors' demands.
Al Jazeera TV received a video of the execution but chose not to broadcast the act itself.
The Bulgarian government has confirmed the death of Mr. Kepov.

Sky.com
The only details known about the video at this time are that one of the hostages was shown seated in front of three masked men wearing black. Mr. Kepov was wearing what appeared to be the same orange clothing that the previous beheading victims wore. A statement was included indicating the 24-hour deadline for the remaining hostage. Al Jazeera only aired this brief clip.

A video is reportedly available on the internet of the man's execution.

The men were reported captured on July 9th when a video was released showing them with their captors. An included statement said the group would behead the men by July 10th if Americans didn't release Islamic extremist prisoners in Iraq and if Bulgaria did not remove its nearly 500 troops from the country. Both countries vowed not to give in to the terrorists' demands.

Details to follow . . .

Related ATSNN Stories:
Iraq Militants Threaten to Behead Bulgarian Hostages

Related News Stories:
ABC News
Al Jazeera
FoxNews

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Its on Al Jazeeras breaking news ticker at its english home page - no details yet.

Al Jazeera

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
FOX news has this:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Okay one country says "No we won't leave" the terrorist kill the hostage from that country. Another country says "okay we leave" they let the hostage from that country go.

We have a pattern developing. Will this be the end of the "coalition"? I don't think it will hurt us since outside of the US/England and Australia most other countries have limited troops but between this and the effect they had on elections in Spain. Well it could get much worse. What if they start kidnapping people in Europe/Australia or America? What if they start targeting a politician, their family or a celeb? No better than a private citizen but certainly a high profile target. This world could get much uglier very quickly.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This doesn't remind anyone of the hijacking spree these same groups went on oh... say 20 something years ago?

We're supposed to have grown up a little bit and moved past being pushed around by thugs who have no problem chopping heads off of innocent people. Give in to their demands and the message you send to them is "When you want something, just kidnap someone and the idiot westerners will give it to you"

Nice.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Skynews changed their story and answered the question I had posted here.

[edit on 7/13/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
How do we know he was beheaded?

Check the Sky.com link...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Boy, I wish these Jew media propaganda outfits would stop using "psychic driving" (ubiquitously applied repetitious language, patterns, images, and sounds to imprint biased information) mind control techniques on the feeble minded among us. That's dirty pool. Hitting below the belt. Shooting someone while his/her back is turned.

In the first place, this Bulgarian was ARRESTED not kidnapped. In the second place, he was not taken hostage, he was taken into CUSTODY as a PRISONER. Thirdly, he was not murdered, he was EXECUTED. Fourthly, those who EXECUTED the Zionist/Evangelical-Christian terror agent aren't terrorists, Islamic extremists, militants, or insurgents, they are FREEDOM FIGHTERS, HEROES, SAVIOURS, LIBERATORS, or MARTYRS. Now, that's much better

[edit on 14-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm going to assume that's sarcasm. Although in these forums, you never know

df1

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We are having so many beheadings that perhaps ATS should just have a special beheading thread for those with a macabre interest in this type of death rather than having a TA-Alarm. Several US GIs are dying nearly everyday and it is not even being noted any more.

Dead GIs not being mentioned, while even the mere threat of a beheading is played up for days on end.

I am sensing a pro-war/anti-muslim bias in how war deaths are reported on ATS.

That is my take.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

That is my take.

This is in no way what is going on. The biggest problem is that Damn Near all News sites are not reporting, or keeping Low Key the deaths of Military personel. Since we do not have the "CASH" that Major Networks and other resources have, we need to feed off them for the time being. We can not insert anyone in Iraq, or elsewhere to report. One thing that needs to be looked at is that the "Military Personel" went into Iraq knowing that they may not come home. A truck driver being held for terrorist political purposes, did not volunteer his life to defend a country. I am in no way justiying anyone being killed. I agree 110% with you about covering the Deaths of fallen GI's, but the Pentagon for one won't even let embedded reporters, report on it, and two, they are not even allowed to photograph caskets.

If you feel this should be addressed more, you can submit to ATSNN by using the "Submit News" button. We need more members getting involved in ATSNN, Members are the "Heart" of ATSNN.

Trick

df1

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

Originally posted by df1

This is in no way what is going on.

I am aware that ATS users provide much of the news, so I was not suggesting that ATS is the source of the bias, just that a bias exists and the flavor of the bias. Sorry for being unclear, my remark was not a complaint at the operators of ATS.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I really didn't take it as a complaint. I do agree that there is bias as to reporting the War KIA's. This will be something I will be paying closer attention too. Thanks for the Links

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Bulgarians suffered very much during their communist rule, and this action that attempts to scare them out of Iraq, is nothing compared to the memories of Bulgarian citizens prior to the fall of communism.

They are a tough crowd, and are not likely deterred.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gurnio
I'm going to assume that's sarcasm. Although in these forums, you never know

Just the pure objective facts

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

It was the guy on the right, correct? Not Silent Bob?

Sorry, if you can't tell...I'm COMPLETELY desensitized to this now. Cops could start beheading people in the WalMart parking lot for skatebaording and I wouldn't even notice.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Bulgaria condemns hostage killing
July 14, 2004

The two hostages, Georgi Lazov, 30, and Ivaylo Kepov, 32, were kidnapped June 29 as they were driving trucks loaded with used cars to be sold in Iraq to the northern city of Mosul.

Earlier today, government spokesman Dimitar Tsonev confirmed that militants had killed one of the men, but he did not identify him.

However, a videotape broadcast on al-Jazeera television showed three men dressed in black with their faces covered by black masks and one of the Bulgarian hostages, Mr Lazov, kneeling in front of them.
news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
there is still hope:

Two Bulgarian hostages may still be alive, according to an Iraqi police chief, despite reports that one of them had been executed by Iraqi militants.

CNN: Bulgaria hostages 'alive in Iraq'

top topics

join