It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Warn of Disguised Terrorists at Super Bowl~ Look out that ref aint making bad calls, he is bad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Feds Warn of Disguised Terrorists at Super Bowl~ Look out that ref aint making bad calls, he is bad

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS/AP) WASHINGTON - The government says there is no specific terrorist threat to Sunday's Super Bowl, but U.S. intelligence officials say al Qaeda and other similar groups remain interested in carrying out attacks during such high profile events.

Tight security around the massive Cowboys Stadium is likely to deter attacks at the actual event. However, this makes other less secure targets, such as nearby hotels and restaurants, more appealing for determined terrorists, according to a government intelligence assessment obtained by The Associated Press. One concern would be a device explod
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
As people become more complacent and consider themselves safe, one thought should be kept on the mind, terrorists will attack targets of opportunity.

Especially one's where the targets are complacent.

No one really believes it will happen to them, until it does...

With all of the violence going on around the world, it is best to stay alert.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is getting more nerve wracking by the moment!

I'd like to suggest that you share this information in this other thread here on ATS about the Super Bowl here:

Super Bowl Day

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I'm still not scared.
These tired ass old worn out scare tactics are not going to work........on me at least.
Now, I'm not saying that it WON'T or CAN'T happen.
Just that, I'm not going to be bullied into being afraid to wake up in the morning.

Afraid to turn on the T.V.
Afraid to go to the Mall
Afraid to go to a baseball/football game.
Afraid to leave the house
Afraid to speak my mind
AFRAID AFRAID AFRAID!!!!!!

I'm TIRED OF IT!!!!!!!!

edit to add: If the Government/CIA wants ME to be afraid.....very afraid, they are going to have to step up their game a bit because as it stands right now you are more likely to win the lottery than to be killed by a terrorist and I ain't rich yet and I'm still alive. They think that running a couple of planes into some buildings is supposed to keep us all in fear forever??? Some things are worse than death, like.......LIVING IN FEAR FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!
edit on 3-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
He likes the visiting team... TERRORIST!!!!

Come on! This is getting ridiculous... It's like in the cold war when people would scream COMMIE, or during the witch hunts in the middle ages... It didn't take much to get people to believe that they were there!!!

Now it's "terrorists"... Come on! you are more likely to die at the hands of your work peers or criminals than terrorism...

and that's besides being more likely to die from preventable disease because many US citizens are too poor to pay for life saving health care and medicine...

WAKE UP!!!
edit on 11/2/3 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

With all the violence going on around the world, it's best to stay alert? Terrorists strike targets of opportunity?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Ridiculous.

It never ceases to amaze me that some folks still want to believe "terrorism" is not something conceived, planned, funded, carried out, and then covered up by government "intelligence services".

No wonder they consider us to be sheep.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

That is fine and dandy, my point is not to make people scared.

It is to raise public awareness, so you and every one else does not end up like the people in Tuscan, NY on 9/11, or Oklahoma city ...for example.

They probably were not worried about being attacked either, until it happened.

Just keep in mind, that what one does not know, can very well kill them. Especially if they are not aware.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Good grief. "Be aware"? Please take your own advice.

Either you're a useful idiot or an Agent Provocateur...I can't believe someone who comes to this site still believes scary terrorists exist.

Give us all a break.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by Screwed

It is to raise public awareness, so you and every one else does not end up like the people in Tuscan, NY on 9/11, or Oklahoma city ...for example.

public awareness should be made to expose the government involvement in these incidents... not to perpetuate what the government wants us to...

Magnum

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You sound alot like me. I feel the exact same way you do on this subject. Tired of it.

But I always wondered about those guys who have no shirts on and paint their bodies and faces during games. I bet they are actually terrorists who are signalling the 'cave-man' using those sneaky terrorist hand signals.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

Whoop you caught me, established 2003...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
All this seems to me is fear mongering and making sure you remember who they say is the enemy. Newspeak at it's finest!

I just love this! "(CBS/AP) WASHINGTON - The government says there is no specific terrorist threat to Sunday's Super Bowl, but U.S. intelligence officials say al Qaeda and other similar groups remain interested in carrying out attacks during such high profile events."

You see, there is no evidence supporting such a claim but they are going to publish it anyway, just in case you know!

link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by Screwed

That is fine and dandy, my point is not to make people scared.

They probably were not worried about being attacked either, until it happened.

Just keep in mind, that what one does not know, can very well kill them. Especially if they are not aware.

I am curious why you have no threads reminding people to be afraid of lightning strikes, drowning in bathtubs, and shark attacks?
Do people need to be reminded how many lives a year are taken by such horrors? Just when you start to become complacent, that is when you go golfing, take a bath, or swim in the ocean. Scary scary world we live in.

link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Yeah, 2003, while most of us were still hiding from bin Laden, you were "aware" enough to join ATS.

Now, 8 years later, while most of us are trying to expose the government's role in terrorism, you're still telling us to be "aware".

You expose yourself.

link   
The real question in my mind is... legitimate threat, or is this a gear up for a false flag? After all, people are pushing back against the DHS/TSA and increasing police state measures. As I said also in the other thread, I pray to God nothing happens other than the usual celebration the day is.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Damn I was so caught up in the fear mongering sham I forgot about the real issue of offensive threats.

Yes, please beware of the man eating sharks that will invade your bathtub during lighting strikes.

Moral of the story, don't take a bath during lighting storms or sharks will eat you....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
maybe we need to start warning people to avoid going swimming at all costs because of the risk of drowning, i would also hope for a government announcement warning people about the dangers of flying a kite.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

my non-complacency isn't going to keep terrorist attacks from happening. This idea that your diligence can save the world is a fallacy that makes people paranoid and intrusive a-holes.

I am not a hero nor should be expected to be one by being some super alert paranoid person watching people in the crowd more than the game.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

For a super moderator, I find it hard to read your post to me as anything but a flippant distraction that borders on off topic and is certainly dismissive. Obviously nothing I said is actually reflected in your perverted version of the real threats I did bring up. No mention of shark attacks in bathtubs in my post. Sorry you did not understand.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
i would also hope for a government announcement warning people about the dangers of flying a kite.

lol... Benjamin Franklin should be the face on the poster! lol

On topic now...

maybe we need to start warning people to avoid going swimming at all costs because of the risk of drowning,

Drowning deaths are very common and kill a lot of people every year... You are definitely right about that... I would be ready to believe that drownings kill more people than terrorism does.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join