It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some fins up! 100,000 sharks mass off Florida's beaches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Well not much difference in water temp if they are only going 20 miles or so north from their present location? Heck I think the water temp is pretty much the same until you get all the way up to around Coco beach then it starts dropping by a few degrees. Not nearly as cold as say St. Augustine.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I may be a social scientist but it always puts up a flag when completely unscientific approaches are taken to justify beliefs. How can anybody here not involved in marine biology or migratory patterns give such assured answers? Do sharks migrate? Yes. How many at a time? What makes the numbers fluctuate? What is the reason for so many in one spot? They may have mundane answers but no one has answered those things.

If you saw a black out of birds in the fall making temporary night would some of you say "oh birds migrate every year?".

If you start to think logically through other species that mass in huge numbers like this it's usually because of food chain problems. There are massive disruptions in that region of the food chain starting with microbial life. Thanks to the oil geyser.

So it's time to take extensive notes and compare them to the past. Already gulf residents are showing toxic counts far beyond normal and they live on land.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

True but either way the point is this is normal for this time of year.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I posted about myself ? Please point this out to me

Twice now, but hey who is counting, feel free to read what you are posting, I did/do.

Anyway, it's a big site, with hundreds of new threads being added every day to tens of thousands existing ones with a search engine that does not work so well.

Besides that complaint, directed via of the subject matter, please do share anything relevant to the subject matter since no doubt a number of people

reading about this for the first time

are interested.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They are probably terrified of the stargates that are activating on the ocean seabeds.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by jaynkeel

True but either way the point is this is normal for this time of year.

No actually it's not, not in these very large numbers. Yes the migration is normal, no the numbers are unusual.

Do you live in Southern Florida by chance? I do.

I have for 15 years now, all of them living by the beach, and no, it's not normal for such a large number.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I still feel like you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I only pointed out the fact this was posted already twice. So if you have a point to your claims please back them up otherwise don't accuse me or attack me
I will leave this thread alone. Thank you have a nice day and please feel free to pm me with this post i made about myself.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

bigger numbers what is the difference obviously food sources are scarce. Like I already stated feel free to pm me if you want to continue this debate. I don't feel the need to argue with you.
edit on 3-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

wow look at all that shark fin soup; yummy

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Anyway, it's a big site, with hundreds of new threads being added every day to tens of thousands existing ones with a search engine that does not work so well.

I somewhat agree with you, in some circumstances, but not in this one. If you type in to search 100,000 sharks. You get as your top 4 results; 2 results of the same thread, but of this exact same story posted yesterday; Another result. different thread. exact same story posted yesterday; and this thread, exact same story posted today.

It would be a lot easier to follow and read about other peoples opinion in one place as opposed to three.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I still feel like you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I only pointed out the fact this was posted already twice. So if you have a point to your claims please back them up otherwise don't accuse me or attack me
I will leave this thread alone. Thank you have a nice day and please feel free to pm me with this post i made about myself.

Third time but who is counting.

Yes because of the size of the site, and the number of different forums some stories can appear in, it's not uncommon to see multiple threads.

I do not see it as particuarly productive when the only thing someone is contributing is a unhappy statement or complaint that the thread has appeared elsehwere like some type of capital crime has occurred, while they are in all reality adding nothing of any real topical substance to the thread.

If you don't have an interest in participating in the topical substance of the thread, then yes, your posts would be all about you, and for the most part have been.

It's just as simple to hit the alert key and tell the moderators you believe it's a duplicate or redundant thread and let them make the decision of moving it or trashing it, as opposed to just more or less complaining to people who are in fact trying to contribute something.

You have your pet peeves I have mine, so I suppose that makes us even.

Almost biblical huh?

It's an interesting story, and yes there is likely something wrong with the food chain, and since we are all dependent on the food chain, a simple dismissal along those lines, without really understanding what is wrong with the food chain is well, just a simple dismisal along those lines without really understanding what is wrong with the food chain.

Once again thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It would be a lot easier to follow and read about other peoples opinion in one place as opposed to three.

It is for the above reason that I have ordered all the earth's cities and towns to be evacuated to create one mega city where all opinions can be shared easily!

Yet we do all know that's not realistic, and that valuable opinions might pop up anywhere which is why I assume you have checked in on this thread, to see if there is more or different information or opinons because you have an interest in the subject matter.

No learning and sharing is not always easy, but when people make a positive attempt to contribute it's often worthwhile.

Angry is the planet.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I see the repeat thread Nazis are out in full force today

Interesting thread Proto ... thank you for posting it

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Or you could always do a quick search for the topic...hmmm 3 times wow guess i am pretty self centered

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It is strange the timing of the event and the whole gps thing thats going on down the southeast area? Wonder if some kind of frequency is messing with them? As long as they don't end up here in lake Ontario this summer!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Don't you just love how quickly people derail a subject that maybe others have not heard about and make you wast your time in a pissing contest.

I just love the people that feel that it is their moral obligation to point out that a topic has already been started. This is the job of the mods, and believe me they will kill one without your remarks.

Thread police.......geez

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Or you could always do a quick search for the topic...hmmm 3 times wow guess i am pretty self centered

Four but who is counting, people who don't mean what they say (I am leaving now) typically don't mean what they do. Hence the counter productive and divisive nature of such follies.

Whether you choose to recognize it or not, as Dagar points out, Repeat Thread Nazis add nothing of any real topical substance to the thread.

The world of could of should of's of what other people should and should not have done is just a lame one honestly.

No doubt you will feel a need to go for five, but if you really feel compelled to keeping bumping the thread on the recent post board, that's fine.

Or you could actuall, (heaven forbid) decide to participate in the thread in a topical way.

Freewill reigns!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There is a thread on this already from the other day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I live in Florida and this is not a big deal. There are always a lot of sharks off the coast. I use to see them all the time when I lived in Bethune Beach, which at the time was the shark bite capital of the world. Scary.

Sharks migrate and it's not unusual to see a lot, even this many at times.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
There is a thread on this already from the other day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I live in Florida and this is not a big deal. There are always a lot of sharks off the coast. I use to see them all the time when I lived in Bethune Beach, which at the time was the shark bite capital of the world. Scary.

Sharks migrate and it's not unusual to see a lot, even this many at times.

Since people are so keen to mention preexisting threads, and to suggest this is not unusual, how about someone stepping up and searching the archives or say the Miami Herald, or other South Florida papers to see just how 'usual' the number 100,000 is.

Now that would be impressive, I live on Miami Beach and no 100,000 is not usual.

Not based on anything I have read or seen in 15 years of being here, so if the 100,000 number is 'usual' there should be annual articles dating back several years to display it?

Right? Right?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Really? I think without a degree or explicit research in the field you should be more selective with your words. I don't think you actually know the statistical information. I have been fishing in the gulf for many years. I have seen all kinds of transition as a longtime member of th CCA (when it used to be the gcca). It's not anything I've read about in the last 12 years. 1000's sure. 1000,000's not that I am aware of.

Anecdotal evidence like shark bite beach or whatever are not any grounds for proof. Their s a great white breeding ground where I went to school near bodega bay California. There are all kinds of warnings to beach goers but if hundreds of thousands of sharks showed up it wouldnt mean it's normal. Nor does the fact that migrations happen. Again, you have to compare actual data not speculation to even come up with a viable hypothesis never mind the "truth".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join