It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Scanning Electron Microscope Photos (new ones-you won't be disappointed!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

this is great, thanks

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have a sudden urge to go bathe in hydrochloric acid... :p

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

An ant, Formica fusca, holding a microchip

now that's what I call Mega Bite

cool pictures , but as buddhasystem said makes you go yuck lool

most computers have bugs.
But I never knew bugs had computers...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Awesome post Anon72, S&F!
I think my favorite pic is the rusty nail. It reminds me of some strange alien world.
Is there a microscope that is more powerful? I would like to see images that delve even further in to the Microverse.

I can't help but think of some bizarre creature roaming that microscopic landscape with his own electron microscope taking pictures too. I bet he is saying the same things we are. Or maybe he has a telescope and is screaming "What the heck is that huge thing in the sky staring at me for?" as he ducks behind one of the crystals and hides.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Amazing stuff..

And just thing, as we host a whole microscopic world down there, we are part of a macroscopic one ourselves as we too inhabit a living plant.

Can boggle the mind when you look at it 'fractally'

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thank you Anon72 - stunning pics!!
Make me feel like brushing my teeth and taking a shower but beautiful nontheless

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The sperm are all tangled up LOL.

No wonder i hate cables so much!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not sure if its posted on here or not but there is a Movie about it.. and its amazing.. get it fullscreen HD you'll not be sad that you did.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not sure if its posted on here or not but there is a Movie about it.. and its amazing.. get it fullscreen HD you'll not be sad that you did.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

Do you have the movie title or info/link

Any other info.

I'm curious.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wow what a great post, I find it fascinating that when very small things are photographed like this it is nearly impossible to say what the item actually is. Even when told it is weird seeing it this close, it's like everything is alien to us.

Peace,

Seq

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Great pictures!! I passed this to all my friends at work. Good find.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Wow this is amazing. I love pretty much anything that is photography and videography. The details are astonishing even at such a small scale. This reminds me...does any body remember a short film that starts off with a guy lying on the beach then tha camera starts moving backwards with it's speed ever increasing. You can see the earth and as it continues to back up, you come to see the whole solar system. Then you go through a nebula. then a whole bunch of strange stuff. Then things starts looking like atoms then cells of some sort then the camera comes out of the guy on the beach we started with. I've been trying to find it but to no avail. If you know of it let us know or better yet post it.

edit on 4-2-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilod

Originally posted by anon72
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4816c7ddc2e.jpg[/atsimg]
Head louse clinging to a human hair

Wow, I wonder if there are yet even smaller parasites clinging on to the tiny hairs of this guy.

sry drunk
edit on 4-2-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

LOL what? Drunk?

Explain. You mean the bugger?

Or that the poster posted that question?

Which I think is a good one. I would have to assume that stuff on it's back is interesting/living.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here is something weird....if you click on the link for these photos and then try to save it to your favorites, it will save as.....

Celente - Revolution To Spread Beyond Mideast - Europe Next

how interesting...conspiracy anyone?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Originally posted by evilod

Originally posted by anon72
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4816c7ddc2e.jpg[/atsimg]
Head louse clinging to a human hair

Wow, I wonder if there are yet even smaller parasites clinging on to the tiny hairs of this guy.

sry drunk
edit on 4-2-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

Yea, there just has to be little buggers clinging on to this guy. What if .. they look like.. HUMANS!!! AHHHH!

What a beautiful and unknown world we live in.
Thanks 4 sharing OP

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Originally posted by XLR8R
This reminds me...does any body remember a short film that starts off with a guy lying on the beach then tha camera starts moving backwards with it's speed ever increasing. You can see the earth and as it continues to back up, you come to see the whole solar system. Then you go through a nebula. then a whole bunch of strange stuff. Then things starts looking like atoms then cells of some sort then the camera comes out of the guy on the beach we started with.

I'm just gonna take a guess. Is it CONTACT? With Jody Foster?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

the picture of eye lash hair growing from human skin really interests me its an amazing photo. i work in a medical factory and they talk about human shedding skin and that pic realy brings the subject home to me. look in the background of the pic at the piece of skin folding up and ready to drop off its quite remarkable in my opinion has any one got any more of these pics!?
edit on 5-2-2011 by leechurch because: missing words

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
They are all so beautiful! However, the picture of the eyelashes make me cringe!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join