It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probably the RUDEST thing I've ever read.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Sigh.

I have seen this two word description a few times on here (not about me at all but in other posts i was reading up on) and it revolts me.
Two words. Highly DISGUSTING two words too.
"Useless Eaters".

Really? Come again?!?!?! Useless. Eaters.

If you step back and think about those words, they are truly some horrifying words that are used to describe fellow human beings. NO one is useless. No one. Everyone is born for a purpose, people.

"Oh but they don't work and are on welfare"
And?
"They haven't worked and don't want to"
Not every single one is like that. Just cuz you know a few don't mean they all are. I was unemployed for 10 months and refused to get help cuz of the stigma on that very thing so my son and I had to live on food pantry hand outs that you can only go to once a month. We'd get down to saltines for the last week before being eligible again.
Finally found a job after 10 months of looking everywhere only to get 5 to 10 hours a week.
Still had to do the food pantry. One day a month to last all month.

Moved to a better place with help of a friend where it's dirt cheap to live - but also extremely poor. The poorest county in Illinois matter of fact. I lucked out and got a job at a gas station making 28 hrs a week min wage. Lost the job 2 mths later for statusing on facebook that i was extremely ill with fever, couldn't talk and (name of job) couldn't even call another store to have someone cover me."
I went to work that night, and two nights following and then was fired for posting that. >_> How stupid. But not the point.
So far I've been without work since Oct 31. It's now feb 2nd. Finally broke down and got on food stamps cuz my child and i have to eat. For 3 mths now been on em. GODSEND.
And I think I finally may have a very part time job in town here at the dollar store. 15 to 20 hrs a week. Without a drivers license or car and living in a town of 1700 where the closest big town is 20 minutes away by car, when you only have mcdonalds, a gas station you were fired from and a little country store and dollar store to choose from and 62% of the 1700 in the town are also unemployed and seeking the same jobs, it sucks.
But according to some people on here, I guess my son and I are amongst those disgusting 'useless eaters'.
Well, blank bad word them for having the gall to say that.

Useless eaters. That is the worst two words ever freakin' said about other humans besides 'gas them'.

/rant

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You have given away so much about the type of person you are in your post.
You sound like a very strong person. I am not in a much better situation than yourself. When you come across people like this you must smile inside knowing that you are so lucky that you are not impaired like they are. These are the very people that will one day look to you for help. And you will not hesitate to give to them because you know so much more than they do.

Don't ever give comments like that a second glance in future. Those comments or the people that make them are not worth wasting your energy on.

Best of luck to you and you son.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hey, thank you, Johnny. I really appreciate that.

Keep your fingers crossed that I get that job. It may be little hours and pay but it's money coming in

I'm hyped.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
never even heard the phrase....... but my take on someone being useless.....

is no desire to improve them self or there situation..... granted people should not be labeled and that is pretty ignorant of a comment.....

obviously you are in a situation that you can't escape at this moment..... BUT YOU DESIRE TOO.....
my thought the phrase doesn't apply to you.....

yes it's wrong...and our society has become a bunch of spoiled little bit**es that think money is so easy to get till they hit the real world.... people that label will get their due ... people that have no respect for others will get their due....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
“Useless eaters” is an Eugenics phase, those who would adopt this phase into their own vocabulary reveal the extent of their own mind control.

Humans are created to work. We find fulfillment, self actualization , sense of pride in our accomplishment. This IS an inherent trait for the Human.

So, pity is what we should feel for our brothers who doesn’t work. We should recognize the level of despair our fellow Human as sank in to when they give up trying to find work.

Hopelessness. Not a good place to be.

Let US extend a helping hand to our brother, not become like those who would kick someone when they are already down & out.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I would like to add more thought to this discussion.

True Racism has been describe as making another feel INVISABLE.

Let me challenge each of us to fight the reaction of “LOOKING the OTHER WAY” when we encounter someone who has fallen on hard times. When your paths cross, look at them, nod, or even speak with a hearty “good morning”. Your words maybe the Only interaction with another Human that they will experience all day.

I am not saying that you need to give them a “hand-out” of money.

I am saying don’t treat them as if they are INVISABLE.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You are not a useless eater. I wish you the best in getting that job, I agree with the above poster, your post says alot about you, do not let asinine people or remarks get the best of you.

You have paid into the system, you stay with your food stamps til your situation gets better.

Its unbelievable sometimes, I live in the projects in NY. My husband works, I was laid off and look for jobs with no luck but appreciating the fact I get to be a full time mom to my daughter at the time in life where they need their mothers most. He has a decent job with the city, not the best pay, but still too much for foodstamps even with our child. We budget, we debate finances, Cut back on one thing to enjoy another etc....

I like to think we're very good people who are struggling, get NO assistance, and grit teeth sometimes to make ends meet. BUT THEN, I look outside my window or step out my building, and all too common are the lowlifes who wear $100 jeans, drive nice cars, no legit job, no real responsibility, hang out in the area all day, shoot their guns at night and theyre living better than us?! I would leave my apt at 9am and see these guys already outside, I come back 5pm and theyre at the exact same spot I last saw them. A hard days work right? It angers me, it's a smack in the face to the real hardworking, good people.

Best of luck in your job search

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

I fully understand your post and agree that racism and generalizations regarding others should be avoided. On the flip side of the same coin however, there are those in society who thrive off of the sympathy of others. It is one thing to be down & out enough to have to ask for help. I've been there before - for quite some time. I thrived off of handouts from my parents and whoever else I could convince that I needed it because it was convenient and I didn't have to go out and actually DO anything. I've been as far down as living in a CAR with an INFANT and having nothing to eat but crackers and a pack of bologna, because we'd spent everything else on baby formula. That was MY fault. I did that. Maybe hard times had a little to do with it, but I didn't help matters a bit by my actions or lack thereof. I wasn't trying to help myself. I was satisfied with just getting by. I don't know WHY that was, jeez, I was in my early thirties. Poverty turned into crime, crime got me time. When I got out, all I had was a brand new attitude to utilize the skills I had.
One of the hardest things I had to do was get out of the petri-dish of a town that I lived in. It wasn't easy, and most definitely wasn't cheap - but I worked. I worked hard because I knew I'd never get a step ahead of where I was at. About 2 years after my release, I had arrived at a place in life where we could pay bills, eat healthy, and get off of govt support. Then came the scary move - 300 miles away to a strange town as a complete stranger.
Now, three years later - I've got a client list with over 2,000 names on it. My bank account is steadily approaching midway in the 5 digits mark - not including decimal points. My story is not meant to brag - it's meant to be an inspiration if possible. I'm not a super-smart person, I have no degrees - not even a high school diploma. What I DO have is an amazing talent in fixing computers, and relating and talking to people. I work at home, and my financial worries are NIL. ZILCH. Do you know what a relief it is not to scrape for the power bill? Worry about a house payment? Groceries? You can reach this point! All it takes is extreme determination, and an "absolutely can't" give up attitude. Also, never let "getting by" be a stopping point, or even a point you remain at for any long period of time.
Sorry for my digression.
There are people out there who want nothing more than a handout. There are those who put themselves in situations where they are able to receive MORE government benefits just so they don't have to physically do anything. I've seen a "homeless" guy on the corner holding a sign stating "PLEASE HELP - HUNGRY KIDS" walk back behind a store & hand HIS sign to another guy who then assumed the position on the corner. Related? I doubt it. Different races. No kids in sight. Not everyone is like that though - and although I agree it is a distasteful comment to make it pales in comparison to the woman I heard utter "I gonna do like my mammy an haf me bout three mo kids so i can sit back an get dat fat check at the enna da munt" and the kids she had were wearing dirty clothes, had snotty noses and the car they drove up in had rims the size of 55 gallon drum lids on it.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

Inspiring post.To op don't give up ,don't let others put you down, you are strong, and a good person If others can't appreciate the fact that you are trying then to hell with them.Keep trying you will succeed I have confidence in you.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Yep its a horrible term, its the worlds fault, that people cannot do anything with a life often.

The term sums up what the ptb think about us though i am sure. I am sure the people at top do think this. Sad.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Great post! You are not a useless eater... not by a long shot, my friend. You seem to be a person that hauls themselves out of the dust, brushes off and moves on to..hopefully... bigger and better things. People can say what they will about you, regardless of right or wrong. But keep this in mind. You are obviously stronger than their words. People who use words to try to tear someone else down have little self respect and can only make themselves feel better about themselves by belittling another because it makes them feel powerful. Remember, you are not their words unless you let their words take you down to their level.

Keep up the good fight.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's all Globalist rhetoric because they want to bring down the world population to 500 thousand and have us live in hive cities.

Critical Info Films for Saving America:

Police State 4: The Rise of FEMA

www.youtube.com...

Invisible Empire

www.youtube.com...

Fall of the Republic

www.youtube.com...

The Obama Deception

www.youtube.com...

The Money Masters.

video.google.com...

Endgame

video.google.com...

Codex Alimentarius

video.google.com...

America: Freedom to Fascism

video.google.com...

Police State 3: Total Enslavement

video.google.com...

Police State 2: The Takeover

video.google.com...#

Police State 2000

video.google.com...

Terrorstorm

video.google.com...

Loose Change Final Cut

video.google.com...

Fabled Enemies

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Sorry - but call me uninformed for not reading your whole post.

But you made your young son survive on little food.......... just because you were afraid of what people thought?

Errmmm... why?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by glowsticks

5 years ago going on food stamps was a very detrimental thing to ones ego, so it was possible he carried this ideal with him until now.

I know people, hard working people, who are on food stamps right now, and no one would dare criticize them. I've seen people who used to have a job making 60 grand a year now in social services waiting for food stamps.

People must eat, people need shelter - and it hurts one's sense of pride when all the propaganda behind social services is that it was made for "white trash" or "immigrant" families, no, incorrect - it was designed for everyone and anyone who cannot afford their expense of living during hardship.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
that's what it's there for. if you need it take advantage of it. every little bit helps in this f-uped world. you did a disservice to your kids having to give them saltine crackers until you next pantry visit.

use every program and service available. take advantage and use every means the government, people or groups have set up to help until you are stable and strong enough to get out of the hole you're in.

don't feel bad, use it as a springboard to reach better things.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I don't know where you have been, but the elite ditched the idea of human life being precious and valuable in it's own right when they cleansed the American culture and replaced it with humanism. We are now "human resources." Enviornmentalists are so upset about "overpopulation" they are willing to kill to fix the problem. Obamacare has a panel that will decide in economic terms - your value to the economy versus how much it will cost to keep you alive and well, to decide if you should live (be treated) or die (be denied treatment).

Love, mercy, honor, character - these are all now said to be oppressive "Christian" religious impositions. Sorry OP. Waking up is hard to do.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I dfont have the time to read a post that size.Nobody is useless,we are all gods children.The fact remains we will run out of social security money soon.I never had children because i cant afford them,i make good money.Why should welfare recipents have 7 kidss.If this is wrong , i dont care, it is the truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
USA prisons are partially filled with paedophiles, rapists, murders, etcetera. These scum, and politicians, do not deserve the food they are given or the air they breathe. I also hold extreme contempt for the Wall Street suits and big bankers who financially raped America, and for our friends running and working the Federal Reserve and its related Depositories, for they did reverse of what their responsibilities are and put America into damage beyond repair. I have no love for the military industrial complex either. These things, these people, infuriate me so badly that it would be very easy to spew acidic barbs for hours. Hate is the only emotion that lasts.

Aside from my 'pet peeve' group I have seen most every type, age, sex, religious belief, ethnic or cultural background and more slandered and spat upon on the innernet. It blew my mind when I first came online years ago and discovered the world of people who can afford & use advanced technology could be so crass, rude, ignorant and despicable.

So there exists a world of Internet Tough Guys that live in their mom's basement who fearlessly pound out venom on the keyboard behind a cloak of anonymity. They are idiots. They lack the intelligence and social skills to interface acceptably with others.

Mr. T of The 'A' Team said it best: "I pity the fool".

And remember OP: sticks & stones. it's only words. you choose how you react to them.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The whole point of benefits is to help one get back on their feet. You pay into it in the form of taxes, etc. while you are working, as kind of employment insurance.

You should NOT feel guilty for utilizing this benefit if you find yourself in need of it, but are actively looking for gainful employment. The hell with what others feel or any stigma...you need to feed yourself and your kid, and to hell with them if they don't get that.

Best of luck to in all your endeavors, and never lose hope. Better times are around the corner.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Ever consider they stand outside all day because they have no place to go?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join