It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Releases Video of Anderson Cooper Getting Attacked in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

CNN Releases Video of Anderson Cooper Getting Attacked in Egypt

www.wpix.com

CNN has released video of the attack on correspondent Anderson Cooper and his crew in Cairo when they were ambushed by supporters of embattled President Hosni Mubarak.
(visit the link for the full news article and video)

edit on 3-2-2011 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This is the latest news update that Anderson Cooper and his CNN news crew claim they were punched, kicked and shoved by a violent mob of pro-Mubarak supporters in Cairo early this morning. In the scene of Tahrir square after the attack on Anderson Cooper earlier in the day. The video is in the link provided.

www.wpix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

I am very glad that you used this particular word- "claim"

Its hard to tell whats actually going on other than them fleeing, but I didn't see an actual attack other than water or some other liquid being thrown and getting on the camera.

I did however notice that in the 2nd video, with Anderson talking about it shortly afterwards, he mentions "young men will just come up and punch you in the face." He said "You"; He did not say "Me"; and his hair was nicely groomed.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So they say...I don't believe it for a second. anyone wanna call it? SHANGHAIING'S!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I'm not ready to declare shenanigans quite yet. what we CAN see and hear is at the beginning Cooper saying 'been hit like 10 times' but most of the video is of his chest.

They are obviously being mobbed and at times you can tell it's violent, but nothing in that video shows Cooper being beating or punched, just mobbed.

Can we declare partial shenanigans?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Partial it is!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

When you walk through fire expect tp be burned,does he think his known status would protect him from the angry mob?I realize he's doing his job but should have known better,he's lucky he wasn't killed.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure it's shenanigans.

If you've been watching the live stream from Al Jazeera English lots of people that don't look like they belong there are being mobbed and when they get mobbed people just run up and hit them. So it could be just as he said.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think it's sort of absurd that he goes to Egypt to feed off of the chaos and then is shocked and appalled that they should want to run him out.

What a drama king.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's my question about the footage. He states that they were not using the big camera but he was using a Flip camera and they didn't notice it. So if he was using a Flip camera when he was attacked, where is that footage? I watched what was released and it only shows after he was claimed to be attacked, if he was attacked why not show that footage to? Not that I want to see the violence, but it would confirm his story.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

It's the jiggly and shaky footage they are running perpetually at CNN. I just think that if I was running for my life while getting beaten, etc, I might lose the camera and I probably wouldn't look all spiffy and shiny when it was over.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
He shouldn't have gone into that group. Wasn't he mobbed by the people that are pro Mubarek? Aren't most that are pro Mubarek police and politicians. The anti Mubarek protesters have been peaceful to my knowledge.

It does seem a little like propaganda. With the government turning on Mubarek (at least at the surface) how better to demonize then slap ( i doubt he was really punched.. he doesn't LOOK like he has been punched) "america's dreamiest newsman" he has tons of women admirers who would align themselves against anyone who hurt their.. what is the term they use "grey fox."

laaame.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

There has to be footage of when it began right? Like him talking to the camera and then being attacked. I mean.. he was reporting right?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Sorry but this is yesterday's news.

See the footage-released yesterday=here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CNN, as usual, is a day late and a dollar short.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks. Please add your comments there. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join