It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need the Moon? (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Do We Need The Moon?

I hope this has not been posted yet...Just found this docu and wanted to share it:

Info (outside content):
The Moon is such a familiar presence in the sky that most of us take it for granted. But what if it wasn’t where it is now? How would that affect life on Earth?Space scientist and lunar fanatic Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock explores our intimate relationship with the Moon. Besides orchestrating the tides, the moon dictates the length of a day, the rhythm of the seasons and the very stability of our planet Yet the Moon is always on the move. In the past it was closer to Earth and in the future it’ll be farther away That it is now perfectly placed to sustain life is pure luck a cosmic coincidence. Using computer graphics to summon up great tides and set the Earth spinning on its side, Maggie Aderin-Pocock implores us to look at the Moon afresh: to see it not as an inert rock, but as a key player in the story of our planet, past, present and future.

Links: www.novamov.com...

www.megavideo.com...

www.vidxden.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

Hey, i think this was a program on the BBC the other day. I was planning on watching it today!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguesoul
reply to post by HedyLamarr

Hey, i think this was a program on the BBC the other day. I was planning on watching it today!

Yea your right

www.bbc.co.uk...

I think il have a look later too

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HedyLamarr
Space scientist and lunar fanatic Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock explores our intimate relationship with the Moon.

If one were into conspiracy theories one could theorise that the only reason she highlighted the Apollo missions in the introduction and described how they were 'seared into her consciousness' was to prove by association with her other facts, that those missions did in fact happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yeah I saw it already, interesting documentary and although she seemed like a nice lady I didn't really take to the presenters, presenting skills (little bit annoying to be honest).. It's one of those scientist come presenter type shows, similar to Brian cox but not as good..
edit on 3/2/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The XVID-Plugin from www.vidxden.com seems to contain 2 Viruses.
Better don't use this link!

new topics

top topics

join