It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle and Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I searched and didn't find this, so....

I watch Dave Chappelle's show on Comedy Central just because he's so funny and clever. But I found that an unexpected benefit is that he has some incredible musical guests on. I now find myself waiting to see who the guest will be as much as to see what's going to happen. I've tried to find a list of his musical guests so far so I can go digging at Tower Records for some new stuff, but can't seem to get one anywhere. Does anybody have one? I especially liked Talib Kwali and Anthony Hamilton. I never would have heard a single song of theirs if not for this show. What a great find!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
his show is ok, i dont plan on watching it but im fi bored i might switch to it. hes great, but people get too into it and it drives me nuts.

hes much better in movies and stand up...ever seen 200Cigarretees? Im watching it for the second time right now, great movie. check it out for sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
his show has begun to bore me I'm sad to say.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah, he has really good musical guests on.Check his site out. I bought the Chappelles Show Season 1 dvd, and I was disappointed to find that there were NO musical guests on any of the episodes. They were all cut out.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If you are looking for Talib Kweli music--try Best Buy they carry all that dope hiphop and the prices aint bad. Best Buy prolly has the deepest hiphop selection of any department/music store.

Link didn't work so here the hiphop link....

Best Buy

[Edited on 14-7-2004 by Saphronia]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
We sell, crack to our own out the back of our homes....we smell the musk at the dusk in the crack of the dawn...we go through "Epidodes II," like "Attack of the Clones"....work 'til we break our back and you hear the crack of the bone....to get by...just to get by

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
yeah yeah--Quality was that dope but Reflection Eternal, good gawd. That's my guy. I love some Talib Kweli Green.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't watch regularly, like every single episode... but that's true of everything for me. Not a "stable viewer". BUT, I think it's really funny and still has some fresh perspectives. I like "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" and some of the running gag stuff. And Paul Mooney is always good.

But musically. That's what I'm most interested in. Sometimes even if I'm not in the mood to watch the whole show, I'll switch in to check the guest out. I'll always check it out if it's someone I've never heard of just in case it turns out to be another lucky strike. When the show first started and they said he'd have musical guests, I though it would be all mainstream type people like on SNL. Nice surprise to see something different.

new topics

top topics

join